L20B "Black widow" motor

Does any one here know anything about this 250 RWHP L20B? The ad is as follows.....

About 10 years ago at the Shasta meet, I met a guy who built motors for the Datsun team in 1971 and 1972.. for the Trans Am series. We sat down and did some math. The result was a blueprint for a L motor the would give at least 250 rear wheel horsepower. at 7500 rpm.. modeled after the motor ran in the Trans Am series,with some upgrades with current technology...we built 2 engines. I am keeping one for myself. and after some serious thought i decided to sell one. I just want someone else out there to have a motor that will smoke almost any fuel injected motor with ease!! Plus NO COMPUTER, NO MILLON WIRES NO BULLSHIT..JUST OLD SCHOOL RELIABLE POWER.. THIS IS THE LAST MOTOR I WILL BUILD..AND SELL. I JUST DONT HAVE THE TIME ANYMORE.. I HAVE ANOTHER PROJECT TO FINISH. 1969 PLYMOUTH ROADRUNNER.....I WILL SAY THIS ENGINE IS SUPER BAD ASS.... A TOTAL SLEEPER... I PERSONALLY BLEW THE DOORS OFF A 2004 SUBARU WRX STI TURBO.. HE WAS VERY IMPRESSED. THIS MOTOR IS NOT FOR BEGINNERS, OR KIDS. IT IS A LOT TO GO FROM 100HP TO 250PLUS HP. YOU COULD KILL YOURSELF. CAR UPGRADES ARE A MUST.. BRAKES,SUSPENSION, REAR END. THIS IS NOT A TOY. THE MOTOR IS 1000 FIRM. I AM NOT BROKE AND IM NOT A TWEEKER. IF YOU DONT HAVE THE MONEY, DONT WASTE MY TIME. I WILL E MAIL PICTURES UPON REQUEST.

MOTOR SPECS....

L20B BORED .40 OVER

A87 PEANUT HEAD PORTED AND GASKET MATCHED TO INTAKE.

HIGH LIFT STREET CAM

LIGHTENED CRANK..MATCHED TO RODS

MOLY PISTON RINGS

BALANCED AND BLUEPRINTED

HIGH VOLUME OIL PUMP

CAM OIL SPRAY BARS

PAINTED AND CLEAR COATED {HIGH TEMP PAINT}

K14 INTAKE MODIFIED WITH DUAL CANNON ADAPTERS FOR 32-36 WEBER DOWNDRAFT CARBS. CARB # D133-3

NEW TIMING CHAIN AND TENSIONERS

NEW GASKETS AND OIL SEALS

RARE DATSUN 1600 OHC VALVE COVER

THIS MOTOR WILL STOMP ASS ON JUST ABOUT ANYTHING!!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/pts/1462248280.html

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you got a money back gauruntee that it would hit the 200 RWHP mark(let alone at the crank), id buy it.

otherwise im LMAO in his face! :rollseyes:

even the rebello motors barely make that claim (and more $$$)

maybe its the "PAINTED AND CLEAR COATED {HIGH TEMP PAINT}" :lol:

I decided to email him...............just for fun:D

He said the flywheel needs to be re-surfaced, and maybe a new clutch,

But he guarantees it will produce over 250hp with dual dgv webbers....... here's the pics:

521510320.JPG

Sure it will... with a 150 shot of NOS ! (for about 10 seconds, at least once)

i kinda wanta see what that engine can do. even if its not that much hp im sure it still would woop some ass. and for a 1000 dollars thats still a pretty good deal

For a grand you could mod your own.

Trouble is, there is a sucker borne every minute. Some dumb schmuck will buy into it and go around crowing he had 250hp.

LZ20B motor in it's 1.6 liter size made 235hp at 11,000 RPMs.

LZ20B-2.JPG

To do that without a turbo you need dual cams and 4 valves:

LZ-NEW_STAINLESS_VALVES.JPG

Can you imagine the $12,000- $14000 needed to buy this head.

Edited by datzenmike
For a grand you could mod your own.

Trouble is, there is a sucker borne every minute. Some dumb schmuck will buy into it and go around crowing he had 250hp.

LZ20B motor in it's 1.6 liter size made 235hp at 11,000 RPMs.

LZ20B-2.JPG

To do that without a turbo you need dual cams and 4 valves:

LZ-NEW_STAINLESS_VALVES.JPG

Can you imagine the $12,000- $14000 needed to buy this head.

I've got one of those in the shop. I put a KA valve cover on it... I've got 2 so I'll sell it for $1000.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.