It really is an infection...Datsunitis

Freakish...was the wire pinched when I sent it? I seem to recall the wires were in good shape :confused:

no it was something I had done don't worry. It goes up under the plastic hinge cover and I didn't make sure all the tabs were holding it in place, I had missed one. It's all better now.

I also had been noticing my car getting low on oil and the oil light not coming on so I looked at it today and the wire popped right out of the electrical tape so I cut more of the plastic off and wrapped it around the oil pressure sender thing and taped it back on better.

I also adjusted to alt so the belt would quit squeaking

now I'm going to go drive around since it's so nice and to make sure I got the belt tight enough. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well i was going to wait until Canby to say anything.....

I keep getting spotted around town though and would be pretty bummed if someone else got to show it off first....

or if someone posted pictures of Canby and still got to show it off to everyone else first....

so.....

image00113.jpg
photo.jpg

I was going to take the wood grain looking panels off but I guess these were stickers....so yea we will paint them white soon, other then that it came out great.

and these are Adam's oictures, his came out better so yea thanks Adam for the oics and the space to do this!

yea when Zerow told us it was going to be white I thought nothing of it....Kelly was like "wait it's going to be white? I have a great idea...." so yea. that was the plan and it worked great. I'm hoping it will be sunny this week to fade it a bit before we clear coat it. that way it'll match the other paint a bit better

And zerow had no clue that you would do something like that! That hatch is full of WIN! Even the wife, who hates Datsuns, gives her vote of approval. She is giving me the thumbs up for a rising sun hood, so there may be some win coming my way as well... :thumbup: