It really is an infection...Datsunitis

It would have to have some serious blow-bye to make it smoke, bad. What do the spark plugs look like? What do the fluids look like? Does it have a valve in the exhaust manifold for warmup that went bad?(Happened on Tylers car, coouldnt climb hills, fell on its face, ect) :unsure:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would have to have some serious blow-bye to make it smoke, bad. What do the spark plugs look like? What do the fluids look like? Does it have a valve in the exhaust manifold for warmup that went bad?(Happened on Tylers car, coouldnt climb hills, fell on its face, ect) unsure.gif

I put new plugs in when I was dealing with the timing. they arent the best brand but they are new. I dont know about the rest. Tomorrow is the only day i really have for my car so i'll check
Does it have a valve in the exhaust manifold for warmup that went bad?(Happened on Tylers car, coouldnt climb hills, fell on its face, ect) :unsure:

whats tyler rockin?

I havent heard of this valve, I wanna look into it at work tomorrow :D

Skib, look up heat riser valve. L20Bs up till '78 had them. The intake and exhaust are bolted together and there is a valv that directs hot exhaust against the bottom of the intake to warm it up. The valve can stick but I don't think it would cause it to smoke.

19 pages to go

• 3 weeks later...