It really is an infection...Datsunitis

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mix'n match parts?

Remember I needed a boost at Canby? Well I had changed the starter when I got the car (turned out to be the battery) ... but when I went to get my spares I found 9 (nine) L and Z starters. The tenth one was for an SD25. Can you wait till Canby next year, I'll bring you one and a spare? :D

Check your fuel filters ( Replace them if you haven't for a while )

Check your fuel pump condition ,,, after sitting even for 2 weeks ,,, they can go bad :blink: ( Lot Rot ) ((( look for smell of raw gas in oil or leaking at all around that area )))

exhaust blocked ? ( clogged muffler or cat ) <---- cause power issues , and start up issues as well as make your motor run warmer.

hmmm

PCV valve is on the intake, should be hooked to a tube going to the block. Easy to replace.

Take it off and check it out, its designed to let air flow from the block into the intake, but not the other way around. I pulled the one off my 720 a while back and it was solid chunk of carbon inside there. that got replaced...

ok wrong motor but basically the same, look at the bottom of the carb, that black tube coming out of there. the tube is connected to the pcv valve. pull tube off, unscrew pcv and check it out. Yours might be towards the back of the intake

Photo0192.jpg