It really is an infection...Datsunitis

I assume the tire mount is like the 521/620. There's a winding mechanism that has a chain that retracts and holds the spare up under the back just behind the rear end. There's a hole in the bumper and body to put the crank in and you turn it down to lower the tire. The trouble with them is they need to be greased every couple of years or the gears inside rust and seize. Nothing like a flat and you can't get the spare down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so the other day i changed the points in my distributor and my car wouldn't start again. I adjusted it about every way possible and it still wouldnt start. I put a different distributor in and it still wouldnt start, so im going for the electronic upgrade. My problem is this

61148_468293411583_612421583_6649949_102

it's hitting what seems to be an emissions pipe of some sort. The electronic distributor is bigger than the old one and it just wont fit. Does anyone know if it will work if i move the wires and put it in the other way around?

It's a Griffin radiator from Summit........ it's kinda popular for 510 race cars....

I think your dizzy is just on backwards........ .. it seems like there are only 2 ways to line up the spline.... . and that is the only way I could get everything to fit right.

Make shure to get a good ground wire to the matchbox......... .. REMEMBER: the matchbox grounds the coil... (DO NOT ground the coil):

The "+" positive wire is the Blk/wht stripe wire from the ignition switch (12v power when the key is "on")

dizert.bmp.jpg

I don't get how your vaccum canister is pointing the opposite direction.......... some of the L16 and L18 pedastals are too tall,,, and the rotor will spin freely......... .. just make shure the rotor is engaged,, and not loose

Very Nice ! 4 purses hand made ,,, ---> very cool <--- !!! ,,, it's always the stuff you fix or make that's just the best ! :D

There was a guy who just started making duct tape wallets on the news a few years back in portland ---> turned it into a business online !

I know INDY510 has been looking for a hand-made :lol:

if all these ideas have not worked, check ur rotor, just maybe its got a small crack on it which will direct the spark right to ground, just a thought.

OH and get a pic of u 2 gurls working on the Datsun, thats got to be a rare sight to see.. ;)