It really is an infection...Datsunitis

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

So my radiator is leaking and i don't know where. anyone have a spare?

When it sprung a leak in Eugene we soldered it and it held, its not that spot. im 100% sure its not that spot. BUT the guys there had to custom order one for me. Take my measurements and such and find another one that would work. I'd rather not have to do that if someone has one here.

I asked Mike to check one of his and he said

"The mounting bolts are 8 3/4" top to bottom and 23" side to side. This is for an L18 and L20B with air conditioning. If the air con is bigger maybe it is thicker (3 core) but they would swap."

You need one with the Automatic Transmission stubs, right? Or are you running a separate oil cooler?

• 3 weeks later...

the radiator is still leaking though it seems to just be a hose and it's not really that bad. There are still air leaks from the smog crap that are making it run like crap. Cant handle going over 40 (sounds like crap and struggles) and it dies going up hills if they are to steep. and yea the oil pan leaks like crazy.

the radiator is still leaking though it seems to just be a hose and it's not really that bad. There are still air leaks from the smog crap that are making it run like crap. Cant handle going over 40 (sounds like crap and struggles) and it dies going up hills if they are to steep. and yea the oil pan leaks like crazy.

If replacing a hose cut lengthwise on the rad outlet/inlet and peel the rubber off. Yanking on the hose can fuck up the soldering joint.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My car got some much needed love yesterday. I went over to Mike's and he helped me figure out what was making it crap out on hills, among other things.

He gave me some NGK spark plugs to replace my crappy champion plugs <_< , Tuned my weber good, set the timing right, and adjusted the valve clearance. All the intake spots were way to tight and the exhaust spots were way to loose. (please forgive my poor wording)

My car runs so quietly now it's amazing. :D When I pull up to a stop light I actually wonder if the car is still on because its so quiet.

He also found where my radiator was leaking and soldered it up, no more leaks!!

And my starter. I got a new used one from 78kingcab. It was partially the starter going bad but mostly the flex plate. The teeth on it are almost non existent. :( The old starters teeth are all rounded. The new one will work for now, its not making the griding noise, but I need to fix that soon.

Thanks again Mike I really appreciate the help! :D

• Like 1

Glad to hear she got some needed attention. I should have a spare L20B auto flexplate laying around somewhere, and I have the one on/in the parts goon. When I strip it I'll put your name on it. :D I took an auto tranny from a '78 parts truck and I must have the plate here somewhere. Have to look.