It really is an infection...Datsunitis

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh thanks!!! I don't know how much it weighs but i'll pay for shipping if its possible :D

Well I sent one to Nevada years ago, then it was $12. The guy needed one and I was going on holiday and didn't have time to wait for the shipping money and just sent it. A couple of weeks later I got a '78 620 FSM in the mail to cover the shipping. Now that's a deal!!!!!

You're more than welcome Jessi....I had a pretty dang good time which is surprising considering how little I like to work on cars anymore. smile.gif

What Jessi is being nice and not telling is that when I was jacking up her car to get at the lower starter bolt, my jack failed to roll and slid off the crossmember. The car didn't fall to the ground....luckily, the radiator stopped it! Put a nice bow in the rad and started it leaking even worse!! Basically cracked the seams front and back on the top tank. I ended up removing the mount on the driver's side and resoldering 95% of the top tank. I then turned it over and soldered up the original leak. Did a pressure test to 13psi and didn't have any leaks smile.gif Whew!!!!!! I was really sweating it for awhile there! It's Jessi and Kelly's only car right now and I killed it! Anyway....I soldered the mount back on and once the radiator was back in, it didn't take long to finish up the rest. Starter swap took maybe 10min? We already had the valve adj done and figured out the timing. I think the prob there was a white dot on the crank pulley that looked like the TDC mark, but was about 2" away from the real one. Got the weber adjusted down so there was no vac adv signal going to the dizzy during idle. It ran pretty dang nice by the time she left.......around midnight!!! sad.gif I still hurt!! smile.gif

I doubt Jessi told you, but I thought you should know......I'm afraid she wants me bad. Her lustful stares were a bit distracting, but understandable. When I was on my hands and knees jacking up the car, I got distracted by some "Oh ya....Work it!" comment she made....hence the radiator damage. The way she kept suggestively putting the dizzy in and out of the pedestal......well, let's just say that a man of lesser caliber might have broken!!

LOL!! Seriously....she's very sweet, very cute, has an awesome sense of humor and loves working on cars....not at all my type!! smile.gif

Jessi.....we can probably mess with the brakes....provided I get the shop cleaned back up before then smile.gif

• 3 months later...

My car is complete once again!!

01304292964448000001466679.jpg?cache=1304297593742?x=default

Thank you so frickin much Zerow, The510keeper and Victory!!!

zerow likes this :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

So I put a couple new bulbs in the hatch, the right reverse and license plate lights were out as was my left rear side marker. I didn't notice till it was dark but it seems to have caused an electrical issue. now the fuse wont stop blowing. I put a few in an took the bulbs i put in back out and it's still killing the fuses. they heat up and snap right away.

my head lights still work and the brake lights. I'm pretty sure its the hatch wiring causing it since I didn't have this problem before I just don't even know what to do.

any help is appreciated as this is my only running vehicle right now. 

Pushing the base of the bulb in may have done something. Unplug the harness on both sides to the side markers and tail lights and put a new fuse in... presumably it wont blow... then plug in each harness plug till it blows.

When I first saw this picture I thought your goon was floating in the air and Dave was a magician.

01304292964448000001466679.jpg?cache=1304297593742?x=default

From that era ('30s) but no. I remember reading it on the comix page in the paper. "Mandrake gestured hypnotically" and mind fucked criminals.

i do.

Skib you're amazing and have a classical education and appreciation of the past.

I'm delayed...

the problem was the wire for the lights that goes right by the hatch hinge into the headliner. It was getting pinched when I closed the door and had exposed some of the wire and it was touching the hinge...

it was an easy fix this time. :D

the problem was the wire for the lights that goes right by the hatch hinge into the headliner. It was getting pinched when I closed the door and had exposed some of the wire and it was touching the hinge...

:thumbup:

510's have the same issue

I'm delayed...

it was an easy fix this time. :D

Freakish...was the wire pinched when I sent it? I seem to recall the wires were in good shape :confused: