It really is an infection...Datsunitis

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Soon enough I'm replacing the entire manifold. I think that the injection tubes have long ago become one with the manifold. I have a feeling I'd just be breaking off heads and busting my knuckles if I went that route... in case I don't.. what's the pt# for those, Mike?

we got the wagon running!!

Skib came and pulled out a bunch of emissions stuff and plugged some air leaks and it runs now biggrin.gif

I dont have good tags right now, waiting for the new ones to get here so i cant drive it very far. I drove it around the parking lot by my place and its running good so far.

Thanks again Skib

we just yanked out the air pump, the air control valve, and a few other emissions bullshit,

plugged some stuff, replaced a few vac hoses, and cleaned the carbon off the choke butterflys :lol:

and gave it a good cranking and a little starter fluid.

starts right up every time now :D

only pic I took :lol:

110710_1459.jpg

glad its running now :lol: and I got some badass Market of Choice pizza out of it lol

• 2 weeks later...

I really think my car just hates me lately. :( I drove to Manda's (Kami's girlfriend) house and it was fine, but on the way home I hit a big hill and it was not happy. It wouldn't go more than 10mph without popping and sputtering. It was backfiring just quietly. I did hit a huge puddle in the road that sent water over the top of the car, just before the hill, I dont know if that had anything to do with it. Once I made it over the hill it seemed fine, the rest of the trip home was down hill. Yesterday it was running rough though.

Skib knows what I mean when i say it was like it was in park. It kind of chugs and shakes the whole car. Putting it in drive makes it stop then it runs smooth. Yesterday that was not the case so i just took it home and used my dads truck. I really dont want to get stuck somewhere with a dead car.

I dont know if the water got into places it shouldnt or what. I do have the HEI module for the dizzy uncovered, if it got wet would it cause this sort of thing?

I dont know if the water got into places it shouldnt or what. I do have the HEI module for the dizzy uncovered, if it got wet would it cause this sort of thing?

The module is sealed and any wires are only 12 volts, and that isn't high enough to travel through water. INDY's probably right about the cap or wires. You can take it off and take indoors overnight to dry. Pop it back on in the morning. I wipe mine down with WD-40 on a rag when dry. It cleans off any oil or grease and leaves them shiny and somewhat water proofed. Wipe the spark plug insulators too.

It was only sputtering up the hill. Once I made it over it was just fine. I think it just flooded a little then cleared out. I did wipe down everything today before driving it though just to be sure.

It ran smooth today once it warmed up. I drove it to my sisters and back with no problems. I think the temp. just dropped outside and i didn't realize it.

I'm more paranoid about it dying now that I'm up here. My cell phone is getting shut off tomorrow and I wont be able to borrow my dads truck for much longer. It needs to go back to Eugene asap.

I used to get a synthetic (Nitrile) rubber glove and poke small holes in the finger tips. Pull the nipples off the wires and thread them through, put the nipples back on and push into the cap. When done roll the glove down over the dizzy including the matchbox and the cap retaining clips. No way water will get in there. The thumb is for the coil wire :)

You can scoop them at doctors or dentist offices. They are cheap so get several, I fucked up the first try. I liked the thicker ones and to start make the holes real small or they won't fit tight. Also when pulling the nipples off it's real easy to also pull the brass terminals that are crimped on the ends out, that is a pain. The first time I tried it I used laytex and although it lasted one winter the petroleum fumes and heat rotted it. Synthetic will last lots longer. Don't need in the summer so put a new one on before the monsoon hit in the fall.

I used to get a synthetic (Nitrile) rubber glove and poke small holes in the finger tips. Pull the nipples off the wires and thread them through, put the nipples back on and push into the cap. When done roll the glove down over the dizzy including the matchbox and the cap retaining clips. No way water will get in there. The thumb is for the coil wire :)

dizzy condom :D