Check out my 720's

guam_napz

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is your brake master cylinder leaking? I have a similar looking paint flaking under my brake and clutch cylinders. Hmm, I think I know why Australian 720s kept the L18, no room for the intake!

Oh yeah, the Toyota wheels look pretty good. How well do they fit? The blue truck looks like it could be interesting.

l_49bc6b34249166ccab84dc611bb93afc1.jpg

l_f358bfb08ab7b6bff4920d8bab09d06e1.jpg

^^ Nice! 4Runners are pimp. I haven't seen a collection of 720's like that for a while. Back home in Waianae there was a guy that had some SLAMMED 720 KC's w/ 15x10's all around.

~Brian

2eDeYe;23744'']You could always get a later year bed ;)

I think there were 3 different beds for the '80 to '86? 720s, so that might not work. Not like the 620s. I know the early ones had tail lights below the tail gate and later, they were to the sides. I think the very last ones didn't have a horizontal seam to rust out.

No, they all mount the same. Look at the dark blue one, it has a rolled rim around the top of the box but the newer red/brown doesn't. The blue one also has a horizontal seam just above the contour line and the red/brown is one piece. Both these trucks have the tail lights at the back corners but the '80 had them below the tail gate like the 620s.

You can mix 'n match them but they will look weird.

Why would they look weird? They didn't change the cabs apart from a slightly different bumper, grill and light surrounds. It's not like sticking a 720 bed onto a 620. I'm thinking about trying to find a late bed for mine if I decided to ditch the flat bed.

Why would they look weird? They didn't change the cabs apart from a slightly different bumper, grill and light surrounds. It's not like sticking a 720 bed onto a 620. I'm thinking about trying to find a late bed for mine if I decided to ditch the flat bed.

Maybe weird was too strong. The early ones said DATSUN not NISSAN, ok not too weird I guess but wouldn't match the front fender badges.

i love that tan color, i had the two-tone 240 in a similar color way back in high school. always loved it. love that engine too. very nice collection of 720's.

badass. That was a crazy rare two tone combo! I know one guy in Washington that had one (and I think he just recently got his hands on it again). Kind of a yellow off-white color. I liked it :D.

80 to 82 I belive?? my 720 is a 82 and it still says datsun with the tailights under the tailgate.

North Am was notified of the name change to NISSAN in the fall of '81. '82 was the last year with the beloved DATSUN stamped on the tailgate. In '83, NISSAN was stamped into the tailgate with a much smaller 'Datsun' decal below it on the left. By '84 it was ... history.