Ratsun Bikes!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude. I was doing that shit before you were even a twinkle in your daddys eye. My dad kicked my ass when he drained the pool and all my buddies came over and trashed the thing. That was 1974.:eek:

We used to go to the top of chantry flats in the foot hills above Monrovia and ride down the street at 25- 40 MPH all the way to Foothill. 8-10 miles. on mountain roads.

That was before urethane wheels. :fu: Oh yea no helment, knee pads or gloves. That shit was not even made yet.

But you are right I can't do it now. Just to fuckin old.:(

we keep it alive :cool:

Here's my mid 70's Peugeot UE-8, 90% original:

peugeot.jpg

I ride it to work every day and I love it. It's definitely not a lightweight bike at all, with a steel frame, fenders and a cargo rack. I'm willing to take the weight since the fenders keep me dry when the streets are damp and the cargo rack lets me carry so much more. Plus, it's all shiny chrome :cool:

Once you get used to a road bike, you don't really want to ride anything else when you're going by pavement. I'm going to try and commute by bike this winter so I'll have to switch to a mountain bike when it starts to snow.

Edited by ratsar_nx

Any one interested in buying my bike? Its a 2008 Masi Sprint track frame. Size 58cm Spray pinted black

Shimano 105 cranks w/ 44t track chingring

KMC bmx chain

MKS pedals and toe clips

Premium Sub 9 stem

16" bmx bars

FSA sealed headset

Old School Colnago Seat

Super deep V wheel 36h

Origin 8 sealed hubs fixed/fixed

It has a 21t cog and a 17t cog also.

No name lock ring on one side Dura-ace on other side

The bike rides perfect and is smooth. Its a very fun bike to cruz around town!

Im asking 500.00 for everything, i can ship anywhere in the USA and i will cover the shipping cost!!

photo.jpg

NICE! didn't know this thread was here. I'm currently restoring the GF's cruiser, a '58 Schwinn Tiger. One of the reason I'm not done w/ my datsun yet! So far I have it stripped, painted and clear coated. I need to get some stuff for the springer forks and should be able to throw it all together. Here is a slideshow. Blue is the original color, Red is the new (in case you can't tell)

http://s855.photobucket.com/albums/ab115/deadmonkey1/Tiffs%20Cruiser/?albumview=slideshow

Here are my current rides:

This is Isabella, my 1984 Pinarello Track bike.

3443775012_ba34727d1e_b.jpg

This is my daily ride. No tricking on this. I just like to ride as fast as I can.

This is Lori Younger, my 1998 Land Shark road bike.

3239831377_a5f78077d2_b.jpg

I bought her from Lori, who built the bike to race back in 98. She raced three times and hated it, so she hung her up in storage for 10+ years. Ive since changed to seatpost for a black one to match everything correctly. Full Dura Ace group on this sexy bitch.

I have one of these Aprilia bikes, but the battery went out on it :(

Enjoy.jpg

I rode it to work for ~6 months, put ~1200 miles on it, my top speed was 48 MPH going down windy roads on Boones Ferry.

This was NOT a lightweight. It weighed 68 pounds! :blink: :eek: :lol:

It is electric assisted with a 750 watt motor. Anything 1 kW or over is considered a motorcycle.

Edited by hughdogz

ive got a old (80's) diamond back mini

arraya rims

odessy triple trap pedals (leg graters)

and a few other bells and whistles

cant bunny hop garbage cans like i used to but i still get by

091307_1928a.jpg

been riding a board since the 80's

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to bump and am close on my own bike so I thought I'd post.

This is the (bare) carbon fiber frame I found in the trash populated by 3 bikes I found in the trash. I just need to find tires that fit the application, to fab a bracket for the rear brakes as there is only one hole to use and to mount the chain then I'm done.

The complication on the wheels is that it turns out the frame is a road bike frame so the tire width clearance is only 1.4. I'm trying to find 16x1.4 slicks to rock.

It's not much compared to the bike most of you guys have posted but for a free carbon fiber bike I think it's pretty damn bad ass.

idkanymore005.jpg

idkanymore004.jpg

There is also a P.S. injury report too lol. The petals are pressed on. Prying one off with maximum force it popped and my hand flew into the sprocket tearing the back of my pointer finger to the bone. I have never seen one of my own bones before lol, it made me dizzy (first time that's ever happened.) So I laid down on the kitchen floor and asked my mother for a glass of OJ to keep from passing out.

Maybe it's true that nothing is truly free..... :-/

Edited by 72240z
I wanted to bump and am close on my own bike so I thought I'd post.

This is the (bare) carbon fiber frame I found in the trash populated by 3 bikes I found in the trash. I just need to find tires that fit the application, to fab a bracket for the rear brakes as there is only one hole to use and to mount the chain then I'm done.

The complication on the wheels is that it turns out the frame is a road bike frame so the tire width clearance is only 1.4. I'm trying to find 16x1.4 slicks to rock.

It's not much compared to the bike most of you guys have posted but for a free carbon fiber bike I think it's pretty damn bad ass.

idkanymore005.jpg

idkanymore004.jpg

There is also a P.S. injury report too lol. The petals are pressed on. Prying one off with maximum force it popped and my hand flew into the sprocket tearing the back of my pointer finger to the bone. I have never seen one of my own bones before lol, it made me dizzy (first time that's ever happened.) So I laid down on the kitchen floor and asked my mother for a glass of OJ to keep from passing out.

Maybe it's true that nothing is truly free..... :-/

If it's a road frame then you should be using 700c wheels and then a typical 700c brake would fit the rear.

Your 100% right but I have been reading that mixing road bike tires with mt bike rims are trouble. Having read that Idk I figured just find mt bike wheels that are the right size.

Right about the brakes too, the rd bikes use a dual pivot brake. Was going to just weld a pair of pin on a "U" that I can bolt to the single hole and use the stock mt bike brakes. If I can ebay a SUPER cheap dual pivot brake set up though I might as well make life easy on myself. Since I have to buy tires no matter what it looks like it's going to have to be super low budget bike instead of free.

It has to be cheap though, free was ideal but I don't have the money to spend regardless lol.