Ratsun Bikes!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right...I said wheels, not tires ;) Of course you would get 700c tires to go with the 700c wheels.

Ya ideally lol, slowly but surely I'll proper things out. I want CF forks and pedal arms too, the mt bike ones I have weigh a ton. Esp compared to a like 2lb CF frame.

For now though w/e works for the least amount of money :cool:

Ya ideally lol, slowly but surely I'll proper things out. I want CF forks and pedal arms too, the mt bike ones I have weigh a ton. Esp compared to a like 2lb CF frame.

For now though w/e works for the least amount of money :cool:

Yeah...you can get aluminum dual suspension frames that only weigh 4-5lbs. Frames by themselves are light - it's everything else! Just the rear tire alone on my full suspension is 3lbs.

Ya it's true, but even so for a hybrid garbage bike its so shockingly light lol. I mean a regular mt bike frame esp the shit ones I found were like 10lbs, my bike complete is close (obviously over though) to that.

3lbs rear is crazy light, that kind of weight reduction must cost.

Ya it's true, but even so for a hybrid garbage bike its so shockingly light lol. I mean a regular mt bike frame esp the shit ones I found were like 10lbs, my bike complete is close (obviously over though) to that.

3lbs rear is crazy light, that kind of weight reduction must cost.

Duuuude, you need to go to sleep earlier! I said the TIRE, just the tire - not counting the tube, rim, spokes, hub, cogset...
  • 1 month later...
NICE! didn't know this thread was here. I'm currently restoring the GF's cruiser, a '58 Schwinn Tiger. One of the reason I'm not done w/ my datsun yet! So far I have it stripped, painted and clear coated. I need to get some stuff for the springer forks and should be able to throw it all together. Here is a slideshow. Blue is the original color, Red is the new (in case you can't tell)

http://s855.photobucket.com/albums/ab115/deadmonkey1/Tiffs%20Cruiser/?albumview=slideshow

Bumping cuz I finished it after posting this and added more photos

(At least I think I did) :)

I'll start.

1964 Sears Freespirit 26"

Custom made Ape Hangers

Customized OCC Stingray triple trees

Kenda Flame tires

Cheapo springer seat (comfy but will be replaced with a banana seat)

Its lowered an inch, but will be lowered more once I decide how I will do it.

P1010197.jpg

P1010198.jpg

The old look

Picture211-1.jpg

Picture214-1.jpg

1961 Sears Spaceliner 26" (pretty rare bike, but I've sold it)

Lowered 2.5"

Custom bars

Fat tires

Picture212-1.jpg

Picture210-1.jpg

Homemade 20" suspension scooter

Picture217-1.jpg

Custom built kids chopper

Homemade 20" 'MAG' rim on front

Picture064.jpg

Picture127.jpg

:cool: :D :blink:

zuum i love the franken bikes! i have a shit pile of old bikes that will become choppers and such someday. nice work though i love the scoot m/

blackbomber-1.jpg

imonfire.jpg

hammerfest.jpg

DSC06782.jpg

Yes it is also a fixed single speed. Only I do not run a brake. [i have before but I have not ever, even once, used it] So on this bike, when I got the frame a few weeks ago its a peugeot I just never put a brake on it. Although I did recently get a ticket for not having a brake on my bike. Which is not against California State Vehicle Code like the officer told me. I was also recently told I am the only one around sacramento that runs cruiser bars on a fixie.

And one pic of me riding!

lboc.jpg

That is my local park man! Haha. I knocked my self out there going down the stairs on my skateboard. I did a kickflip onto the top of a picnic table and caught the back truck of my skateboard on the edge. :/ flipped over on my neck and landed on my back on the ground. I thought that I got right up, but everyone said I was down for at least 10 minutes. I have not been there is so long though.

That is my local park man! Haha. I knocked my self out there going down the stairs on my skateboard. I did a kickflip onto the top of a picnic table and caught the back truck of my skateboard on the edge. :/ flipped over on my neck and landed on my back on the ground. I thought that I got right up, but everyone said I was down for at least 10 minutes. I have not been there is so long though.

is that the OR City park?

Guest DatsuNoob

Looks alot like the one at Steele Lake here in Federal Way, WA, but I know it's not. I used to love to skate the smooth lines of concrete parks. We have alot here in WA. The Lakewood park on Bridgeport was my favorite.

Correct, It is actually the Cackamette Park, but thats to hard to say. So e every one calls it oreong city haha.

Kina like Too-small-itin, [Tualitin].

:lol: I havent been to Tualitin in years, you have to go on a weekday at like 10am to be able to skate and not run into someone every half sec.

depends where you will ride... and I recommend against fixies... IMO, they're gay. :D No offense.

Why all the hate... I have been riding fixed gear Schwinn's for over 20 years , they give the best road feedback and the purest riding experence. Plus there is nothing like being on a banked track on a fixed gear bike.

My 1986 Schwinn Madison

http://img262.imageshack.us/i/schwinnmadison2.jpg/

My 1984 Gold Series Schwinn Paramount

http://img6.imageshack.us/i/schwinnparamount2.jpg/

2002 GSXR 600 W/ 2005 front end and 2005 honda cbr1000 tail/subframe...oh its naked, other mods as well, clip-ons, rear sets, et

c

DSC01079.jpg

1988 Honda Hawk GT...custom subframe custom tail, relocated battery, 03 honda 954 front end (forks, wheels, brakes, etc) cbr 900 rear shock...etc. etc...Thats the most recent of the progress, its taken a break like the datsun....

DSC01600.jpg

if you look in the background you can see my fitbikeco bmx bike. Use to totally be into it, however I bought the bike alittle late in the game, used it about 3 times, paid 580 i think, i have reciepts, if anyone wants it pm me, lowest ill go is 300....

got surfboard too, totally solid, 7-6 "fun-board" small rail damage which had been fixed, small hole in bottom front which has been fixed, paid over 500, 300 obo, this isnt a forsale thread so i wont post pics...it will be going on CL before i leave hawaii, no waves in michigan

DSC01835.jpg

Edited by sanitys

here are mine.

my 1992 MC21 NSR250. It has an ohlins rear shock, racetech internals, full floating rotors, 954RR calipers, carbon reeds, HRC reed cage, 300cc big bore kit, wiseco slugs, HRC plugs, RS250 coils, tunnel ported cases, ported cylinders, Tyga expansion chambers w/kevlar cans, HRC jet kit, HRC needles, bored carbs, Poser 500cc fairings, Im a big Rossi fan an....ah too much shit on this machine for real.

2006%5C05%5C25%5Cbikepics-594758-800.jpg

My other one; 1994 MC28 NSR250. Mostly stock with penske shock, 900RR tree trunk fork and brakes. HRC heads and shizah

2006%5C06%5C04%5Cbikepics-602751-800.jpg

Sorry for the irrelavant information overload. :P Need to get pics of my KHS XC bike. nothin spl though.