Ratsun Bikes!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DatsuNoob

Very nice. I'll hafta post some moar oics of a couple old frames I have too when I get a chance. Got an old 60's Huffy and another stingray frame.

I love this thread, there's some really cool bikes in here. So here's mine, 1984 Race Inc (last year made) that a good friend of mine at the time pre-ordered new, frame and fork only, to race in 84, replacing his GT. For some reason he never did, but rode it a bit, then got out of bikes altogether. I traded him my Schmitt Stix Monty Nolder (the ONLY skate I don't still have from kidhood) and 50 bucks for the frame, GT & Race Inc forks, and CW bars, in 1984. Built the rest up myself and rode the crap out of it, half pipes, fly aways, and towards the end some freestyle.

I took these pics today.. The bike is still exactly as it was when I stopped riding it regularly in around 88-89, cuz I got into mountain bikes.

b096984b.jpg

1bdb460e.jpg

9a23fe7b.jpg

• Like 1
Guest DatsuNoob

Oics as promised. Here's the old Huffy. My younger brother used to ride this one on 20 inchers instead of the pictured 16's. Just threw em on for fun :D

001-3.jpg

002-4.jpg

Here's a spare Schwinn frame I found next to an apartment dumpster. Unknown model, maybe a late 60's or 70's stingray? It's a 20". I'll get around to doing something with one of em one day, for meow they're just chillin

003-4.jpg

004-3.jpg

I love this thread, there's some really cool bikes in here. So here's mine, 1984 Race Inc (last year made) that a good friend of mine at the time pre-ordered new, frame and fork only, to race in 84, replacing his GT. For some reason he never did, but rode it a bit, then got out of bikes altogether. I traded him my Schmitt Stix Monty Nolder (the ONLY skate I don't still have from kidhood) and 50 bucks for the frame, GT & Race Inc forks, and CW bars, in 1984. Built the rest up myself and rode the crap out of it, half pipes, fly aways, and towards the end some freestyle.

I took these pics today.. The bike is still exactly as it was when I stopped riding it regularly in around 88-89, cuz I got into mountain bikes.

b096984b.jpg

Very Nice. Working on piecing back together my PK Ripper that I bought new in the early 80s. Wish I had half the parts now that I had back then.

Guest DatsuNoob

It's no PK Ripper but my woman just got me a new bike today so we could all go on family bike rides. Was pretty fun actually. I forget how much fun riding a bike can be.

005-3.jpg

First post and not about my Datsun. Just picked up one the other week and still need to get it up and running still. Ill post about it when there is something worth posting about it.

Here is a pic of one of my bikes. Its a 02 Honda APE (Japanese market only). Not much stock left on it. just the frame and the wiring harness.

USGP09-7.jpg

• Like 2

Dude. I was doing that shit before you were even a twinkle in your daddys eye. My dad kicked my ass when he drained the pool and all my buddies came over and trashed the thing. That was 1974.:eek:

We used to go to the top of chantry flats in the foot hills above Monrovia and ride down the street at 25- 40 MPH all the way to Foothill. 8-10 miles. on mountain roads.

That was before urethane wheels. :fu: Oh yea no helment, knee pads or gloves. That shit was not even made yet.

But you are right I can't do it now. Just to fuckin old.:(

Datrod in 1974? Secret footage

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3273044523822545532#

saw this thread but didnt pay much attention til now. FREAKIN SWEET. i never thought i would be able to talk bout my lil kids bike. hahah. i ride 20" freestyle. been doing it all my life. heres a couple pics of my bike and a couple of me riding it.

173a168b.jpg

b3a45fe2.jpg

094c1292.jpg

bfb43d39.jpg

• Like 1

what park are you riding at

its DHS dersert hot springs by palm springs in cali. both are from the lil park and the big park. i was trying to upload a couple clips but i gotta hack my youtube account before i can get them.

Dude. I was doing that shit before you were even a twinkle in your daddys eye. My dad kicked my ass when he drained the pool and all my buddies came over and trashed the thing. That was 1974.:eek:

We used to go to the top of chantry flats in the foot hills above Monrovia and ride down the street at 25- 40 MPH all the way to Foothill. 8-10 miles. on mountain roads.

That was before urethane wheels. :fu: Oh yea no helment, knee pads or gloves. That shit was not even made yet.

But you are right I can't do it now. Just to fuckin old.:(

Datrod as a kid, the secret footage

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3273044523822545532#

Here is #317 pedal cab

31722.jpg

Here is a 1946 Compax Paratropper, It is a "folding bike". It comes apart into two pieces

SS853749.jpg

I remember this bike being brought over to my house by my grandfather when I was 10 years old. He took it out of his trunk and a big black widow crawled out from under the seat and he pinched it with his fingers and crushed it and just started laughing. I found it in my fathers shop this summer and he said...take it and fix it up. Wish I had taken some before pictures. The frame was bent, I think the bike was run over or had something very heavy set on it, I straightened out the rear of the frame on my workbench with "C" clamps. I have a bike co-op and I picked up some old 1 3/8 steel rims for free and rebuilt the original New Departure hub. I just have to lace up the rear wheel with the original hub. I am trying to find an original chain guard and fenders but have some second options lined up. Trying not to spend any money on it. I have tied up just under $80 bucks on it so far. I bought some blue tires for it. I have a pair of olds grips that match the tires picked out but they want $28. After three years I am almost finished with my divorce and one day when I stop having to pay my lawyer I can finish some of these projectslaugh.gif........sad.gif.........crying.gif

• Like 1

Here is #317 pedal cab

31722.jpg

Here is a 1946 Compax Paratropper, It is a "folding bike". It comes apart into two pieces

SS853749.jpg

I remember this bike being brought over to my house by my grandfather when I was 10 years old. He took it out of his trunk and a big black widow crawled out from under the seat and he pinched it with his fingers and crushed it and just started laughing. I found it in my fathers shop this summer and he said...take it and fix it up. Wish I had taken some before pictures. The frame was bent, I think the bike was run over or had something very heavy set on it, I straightened out the rear of the frame on my workbench with "C" clamps. I have a bike co-op and I picked up some old 1 3/8 steel rims for free and rebuilt the original New Departure hub. I just have to lace up the rear wheel with the original hub. I am trying to find an original chain guard and fenders but have some second options lined up. Trying not to spend any money on it. I have tied up just under $80 bucks on it so far. I bought some blue tires for it. I have a pair of olds grips that match the tires picked out but they want $28. After three years I am almost finished with my divorce and one day when I stop having to pay my lawyer I can finish some of these projectslaugh.gif........sad.gif.........crying.gif

i love old rusted ass bikes. speacialy from the 40's. i wanna get a high wheel bike one day if i could find em.

• 5 months later...

Here is #317 pedal cab

31722.jpg

SS853749.jpg

The Compax is almost done, just need to get the seat upholstered

P1000038.jpg

P1000036.jpg

P1000039.jpg

After three years I am almost finished with my divorce and one day when I stop having to pay my lawyer I can finish some of these projects

Heh. Just tell her "Hey baby, a bullet is WAY cheaper than a divorce and lawyer. How about you take this $1000 and go find yourself a new man? Then we can both go on living and being, you know, alive. cool.gif"

First post and not about my Datsun. Just picked up one the other week and still need to get it up and running still. Ill post about it when there is something worth posting about it.

Here is a pic of one of my bikes. Its a 02 Honda APE (Japanese market only). Not much stock left on it. just the frame and the wiring harness.

USGP09-7.jpg

WOW!!!!!! That is a gorgeous bike, similar to the style I want to go for when I finally get around to building a bike.

• Like 1