Ratsun Bikes!

You stunt that carbed beast?

that one is FI...The hawk that is stripped is a v twin carbed, 650cc

and no, i dont stunt the gixxer, those headlights alone were 500 bucks...lsl mig lights. If i dumped it Id be way too pissed off :blink:

gixxer was loud as hell with a straight header, looked mean tho...

DSCN5411.jpg

heres a different hawk picture....

DSCN5472.jpg

Edited by sanitys
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My girlfriend and I are doing our first century this Saturday. Been training for the past few months. I started out riding a Puegeot with Suntour components (downtube shifters, double chainring, derailleurs, etc) and a 5 speed casette. She bought a Specialized with a triple chainring and 9 speed rear, so to keep up, I bought a Scattante R-670. Double chainring, with hollow carbon FSA cranks, 10 speed 105 rear casette, Ultegra shifters and derailleurs, Mavik Ksyrium wheels.... Sick shit!!

In the mean time, I've been building the Puegeot up and making it a bit nicer.. And I've also got a Schwinn Le Tour I'm rebuilding, as well as a bare Schwinn frame I might turn into a fixie... We'll see!

• 1 month later...

Well I finally got a fixie. When I bought the Peugeot bike, the guy included a 58cm Schwinn Prelude frame that was pretty much bare, save for a seat that was thrashed, seat post that didn't fit the bike, and some handlebars that looked to have been left in the sun and rain for 10 years. I'd always kicked around the idea of building it into a fixie, but never got around to it, seeing as a used wheelset would run around $150, and I'd have other costs on top of that.

When I was on Craigslist, I saw a guy was looking to trade his fixie for a Blackberry phone. I have the iPhone 4 now, so I don't use my BB. I called him up, and the next day I traded my BB for a 50cm frame with all the "fix"ings (pun intented!). 700c wheels with a Formula flip-flop hub, Velocity deep V up front, Sakae SX cranks, a red chain, Oury grips on some BMX style bars...

That night, I swapped everything from the new tiny bike onto my Schwinn. I got it riding that night, albeit a little ghetto-rigged. The chain was too short, and the "extension" I was using from an old chain wasn't the right size, so it wouldn't wrap around the rear gear as smooth as it should. Plus, the dirt and grime and charcoal colored frame and vintage logos were NOT doing it for me.

After I got home from work the next day, I began again; stripping everything back off the frame, and going to work on all the chips in the paint with sandpaper and elbow grease. I got it all smoothed out, and I polished the cranks, replaced the pedals for some clipped pedals I had lying around, cleaned up the bars, polished the seat post, and primered the whole thing.

Today, I headed to the store to pick up a new chain, as well as some paint. Then I got some handlebar wrap. Hours later, and too many brain cells dead, the frame was painted and I started putting it all back together. The end result is a super-unique color that I'm totally in love with, and a bike that I'm going to get acquainted with more as the days go on.

All total, I've put about $35 into the bike, not including the seat since I'll keep it even if I decide to sell the bike. I can't wait to take it out in the sun tomorrow and see what the color really looks like! By the time we finished working, the sun had already moved down too far to get a real show.

Day I got it swapped on and rode it to work:

photo2.jpg

Today's effort:

photo5-1.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4-1.jpg

photo-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Lol nice cog fixage!

I got minez back up and running a while ago, just cruisin it around the neighborhood! I got some free rubber from my Icon in DT where my boy works, one of which had no tread on it (dont know what kinda style it is) but i put that on my front wheel and man did that suck getting caught in the gutter. I was going about 27 or so as my friend was pacing me in his car (long story haha) and i turned the corner and didnt c the wetness :( i know i slowed down but i was still going pretty damn fast.

I ate it pretty damn good, havent fallen that hard since i was a little kid hahahaa

I need to cop some different handle bars tho, im really sick of the chopped mountain bike bar i have now...

I have a spare frame that my friend offered to give me, i wanted to build a road bike...gota hit up the bicycle kitchen and make something work...just havent taken the time, stupid school work!

• 5 weeks later...

My mountain bike, 29er from REI Sram X7 groupo. It has lots of road grime on it.

SNC00373.jpg

My road bike, frame is a 87 cannondale. Has shimano 105 10 speed. I swapped in the carbon fork and did all the work on upgrades myself.

SNC00371.jpg

My fixie, just built today, by me.

SNC00372.jpg

• 2 months later...
Guest DatsuNoob

I need a bike. How much you askin there daddy-o? :D I still have yet to post oics of my stuff. I havew an old azz Huffy frame (26") and a 20" 60's Schwinn stingray frame. Also another 60's stingray lowrider

Guest DatsuNoob

:mellow: :huh: :lol: No really, what's the real price? :rofl: j/k I dont got that kinda wad for a bike. Havent reached baller status I guess. I've spent less on cars :lol: GLWS tho brutha :D

:mellow: :huh: :lol: No really, what's the real price? :rofl: j/k I dont got that kinda wad for a bike. Havent reached baller status I guess. I've spent less on cars :lol: GLWS tho brutha :D

i would say try wal mart then. lol, real bikes are not cheep.