Ratsun Bikes!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

none taken, i get a work out riding my fixed gear, its lots of fun and challenging going down hills and using your legs to slow down.. i wont post pics of them so dont worry

these belong to my brother

1253081631.jpg

1253081662.jpg

1253081600.jpg

Tell your brother I want the one with the wagon on the back. I like it. It would look really good next to my wagon. :D

awesome bikes guys... how many ride them?

Ride, like actually ride? I mainly commute right now, in my earlier years I did my fair share of bike racing. I raced road bikes for about 9 years, was able to travel around the US with a pro team for a few years, but ended up stopping racing a few years ago. Bikes will always be in my blood though.

Here's mine. First bike I ever bought completely with my own money, back when aluminum frame bikes were just coming out. I've had it since about 1994 I think, it's been run over once, everything replaced except the frame. Grew new skin for a few weeks.

I've always loved the bike though. It's not as zooty as the new mountain bikes, but I do plenty of stuff on it, and I've never really needed another bike. Probably have around 6000 miles on her now. Just had the rear rim replaced, went to pull out a wow and realized all my spoke holes were ripped on the sides! And yes, there is custom duct tape for no particular purpose. :)

mtnbike.jpg

beach cruisers...but only got 1 ATM.

chop that photo, change the date to 1975 :D

Naw change the date to 1965. We had to make our own boards. You kids today are pussies buying your boards.

Boarding for over 40 years.:fu:

I'm going to have to dig out my old skool bike and snap some pic's.

Naw change the date to 1965. We had to make our own boards. You kids today are pussies buying your boards.

born in 65...so that works :lol:

Dogtown FTW!

the next door neighbor worked for Western Airlines and 8 of us had custom aircraft aluuminiuumm decks :fu:

that date is for when urethane wheels rolled out.

handles on milk crates & steels wheels ARE for old fucks...like the rolling stones :lol:

born in 65...so that works :lol:

Dogtown FTW!

the next door neighbor worked for Western Airlines and 8 of us had custom aircraft aluuminiuumm decks :fu:

that date is for when urethane wheels rolled out.

handles on milk crates & steels wheels ARE for old fucks...like the rolling stones :lol:

Hey easy there turbo. I have built a couple milk crates in my time. :fu:

I'll have to upload pics of mine when I get home this evening.

I ride a mid 70s Peugeot UE-8 road bike to work everyday. Chrome fenders, generator, lights, cargo rack and leather saddle :D. It's all original except for the tires (still on the original Michelin tubes tho), LED tail light and speedometer that I added.

I'm going to have to dig out my old skool bike and snap some pic's.

hahaha :fu: I know my history ol man

(and I have made my own decks)

come ride with me :cool:

RyanWilburn1-1.jpg

hahaha :fu: I know my history ol man

(and I have made my own decks)

come ride with me :cool:

RyanWilburn1-1.jpg

Dude. I was doing that shit before you were even a twinkle in your daddys eye. My dad kicked my ass when he drained the pool and all my buddies came over and trashed the thing. That was 1974.:eek:

We used to go to the top of chantry flats in the foot hills above Monrovia and ride down the street at 25- 40 MPH all the way to Foothill. 8-10 miles. on mountain roads.

That was before urethane wheels. :fu: Oh yea no helment, knee pads or gloves. That shit was not even made yet.

But you are right I can't do it now. Just to fuckin old.:(

My dad kicked my ass when he drained the pool and all my buddies came over and trashed the thing. That was 1974.:eek:

thats how i was introduced to skating!

looking over our wall at jay adams and tony alva skating in the neighbors empty pool. :eek:

ahhh... calif drought!

But you are right I can't do it now. Just to fuckin old.:(

simpsons_nelson_haha2uwr.jpg

I have lots of bikes, mostly old beach cruisers. A few to build are a 59 Schwinn, a 57 Columbia, and a girls 40's Goodyear Hiway Patrol. My favorite is my '84 Schwinn I bought in 3 months old with my paper route money. I have highly customized it with the tanks, 10 speed, speedo, acorn nuts on the fender bolts, and a custom seat done by a guy that has done a bunch of show cars in the big mags ( Fat Lucky's in Texas). I can't find the pics yet but I have some of the bikes including a chopper I made on my Myspace, http://www.myspace.com/purple59datsun . Well, I do have a pic of my wife's Huffy.

S6302808.jpg