Phil's 510 2 door. The tranny 68

thanks spec. Yes more updates on the realm. Lets just say I'm in turbo club now haha. Been slacking but working on it again. I might start posting here again. Lots of 510s in the project section. I like that. I can steal ideas

will own a wagon tomorrow . Expect to see that thread here soon...

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks spec. Yes more updates on the realm. Lets just say I'm in turbo club now haha. Been slacking but working on it again. I might start posting here again. Lots of 510s in the project section. I like that. I can steal ideas

will own a wagon tomorrow . Expect to see that thread here soon...

YAY!!! I like wagons. Glad you kinda have returned Phil. I think I understand some of the reasons why you have been absent, sometimes I feel the same way.

I heard about you joining turbo club. If the definition of turbo club is that loose, I am in turbo club! Might you make it to the Beaverton meet this week? Or are you working?

• 1 month later...

its a pain in the ass. Been buying more tools of the trucks. Engine hoist and stands. Two swap 510s..

every step requires a million little steps. Like the rear suspension. The x-member has been stripped. 4" exhaust hole. Do I want the arms to be adjustable or the x-member. Heim joints? Poly or solid bushings? Raise the mounting points 1/2"? Move the mounting points in a 1/8" because that's all the space the exhaust hole allows me. Making new arms. Should I use the stock hub. If I don't then the ermish brake kit is useless. Its the same situation with the front brakes. Should I let some silly caliper brackets stop me from doing what I really want. I could also move the hubs in a bit. Could run some wider wheels.Short nose r200 5 lug hubs. No adapters for cv's. Blah blah blah . I haven't pulled the trigger because I don't know what I want to do. I keep changing my mind. Piling up parts I won't use. I'm glad you guys like it. Forgot how it feels to drive my 510. I do remember the grin

I haven't pulled the trigger because I don't know what I want to do. I keep changing my mind. Piling up parts I won't use.

I know that exact feeling.... At some point you just gotta say "fuck it" and move forward. Keep it simple or else it will never be done and you'll burn out. Making new rear arms is a great idea in theory but unless your an Automotive engineer with stress analysis software I would seriously think hard about risking your life on such a critical component.

Everything you listed is stuff that can always be implemented at a later date. My plan is focus on what I can do to make the car driveable when the sun comes back out. I plan on driving it in an unfinished state to Canby one way or another.

We went different routes. You started with the body and all the pretty stuff first. I started with the mechanical components and will do the body/pretty stuff last ;)

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...