My 77 620 Kingcab

]2eDeYe

You do good work Steve, I think you should come help me on my 68 :D Gotta love getting ride of rust :) The engine bay paint cleaned up really nice. What is that power box on the floor?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I got a lot of my brake stuff and drop spindles on the way.

I've also change my carb selection and I'll be getting these a little later this week.

DCOE.jpg

Anybody want a set of SU's, rebuild kit and manifold? :)

Still filling holes and straitening up my inner fender (crooked fawker). Unfortunately, my motor in my jeep took a dump so this weekend and next week will be spent working on that...and fixing the crack in it's frame :P

This pic is for Ted...This is the section I need, thanks buddy :D

04082007050edit.jpg

Lucky you guys, lol

Not sure on a price, I paid $80 for the kits and $50 for the manifold. I have one of the SU's torn down and one is still assembled...I'd like to at least get what I've spent on them.

The carbs I'm getting (in the pic) are DCOE 40's.

Can anyone (Hainz?) recommend a cam? :D

Cams?????????

I would get at least the Schneider 460/260 lift or the Isky 475/275

As a startting point.

Scheider has a 480 also

The Isky might be a real old design. The Sceider look like a Asymetric cam. Faster opening ans slower closing on the Cam lobes. Which means better valve train stability at High RPM.

But cams are expensive to do correctly so I say get the part and do it correctly the 1st time.

Cams work best with increased Intake say Weber 38DGES or SUs or Mikuni PHH/Weber DCOES

I Canadian guys use HUGE cams so if you want real big better ask them

Well, I want to be able to drive it to work everyday so nothing too big...

Which part do I get to do it correctly the first time? I'm assuming I'll need new springs. Should I get new lash pads as well? Would bigger valves be a worthwhile mod? I have another head I can get built.

I'll probably run the one I had built already with a stock L20 cam and concentrate on finishing the truck first.

Thanks oh 'L motor God' :D

• 2 weeks later...

Dude seeing those is really convincing me to get the HB spindles!!

P.S my ball joints look exactly like your :) I was pricing them out on Rockauto.com they didn't seem to bad, I just need to sell some more crap on ebay :D

They are steel, they just have some anti rust stuff (grease?) sprayed on them...much bigger than the ones on there though.

Yeah I'm excited to get my spindles and calipers, should be in sometime this week. Then I can figure out if I have to shorten my control arms to get the titans to tuck...

My rear rotors should be in by monday, I still need to get rear calipers and figure out what I want to run as a master. The webers will probably have alot to do with that choice...clearance will be at a premium...

Body work is what I've been doing while waiting, although I'm not very good at it and I haven't had much time lately...so it's slow going ;)

Played with the rear axle a bit today. Got the rear rotors over the axle. I'm going to have to clearance the axle a bit to get the wheel against the surface of the rotor.

05062007002.jpg

05062007005.jpg

05062007007.jpg

Can't wait to get my calipers :D

05062007003.jpg

Better pic of the new fuel management system :cool:

05062007008.jpg