My 77 620 Kingcab

]2eDeYe

So the new trucks gonna need a bit more work than I thought, now that I have it torn down...

Gonna have to replace the core support as it's bent up from a previous accident. There's a bit of rust to be dealt with, but at least there's only a couple smallish holes in the passenger floor :eek:

Got some POR15 ordered to seal the engine compartment and the cab once I attack the rust with the sandblaster, wire wheels and welder...but it won't be in until the 14th.

I'll probably have the motor ready to go this weekend and a few smaller jobs done; stripping the radiator of paint, swapping out the rear axle, installing the rear discs and adding the drop blocks stuff like that...

Looks like I'll be pushing it to have it ready for GG...but that's still the tentative goal.

Does anyone know if the hardbody calipers and rotors will bolt onto the 620 disc spindles and hub?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who did your motor work? I had my L20b done down at Autosport in seattle.. and had my cam custom grinded down at performance in california,, and some work done at malvern racing... I am in lake stevens ... you should help me do my motor swap in my 76 620... LOL... I too blew my motor racing a HONDUHHH..

Autosport did the machine work, I'm doing the assembly. Those guys know their stuff...:cool:

I could probably give you a hand as I'm in Marysville, but I sorta put myself under the gun to make it to Golden Gardens and my truck is in peices all over my garage. :eek:

Of course if your prepared we could do the swap in a few hours ;)

Who did your motor work? I had my L20b done down at Autosport in seattle.. and had my cam custom grinded down at performance in california,, and some work done at malvern racing... I am in lake stevens ... you should help me do my motor swap in my 76 620... LOL... I too blew my motor racing a HONDUHHH..

Could you drive your 610 to GG? Nice to see you made it onto the forums:D

No Steve they wont. The 620 and 720 used a completely different caliper than the hb. They are a 2-piece setup, and the hb is a 1-piece.

2eDeYe;3370'']Thanks, I guess I'll be getting the spindles (hopefully I can get a get set of drop ones soon...$) and hubs as well as the calipers and rotors when I get my rear calipers and rotors tommorrow.

Me to, I want some drop spindles, well actually I want to rebuild the whole front end.

P.S. your buddies need some more photo's :D

my 610 could make it down... its been parked for 2 yrs.. I wuld need to throw in a battery and clean it up.. its been waiting for me to get my 620 back on the road. then I can do the motor swap on the 610.. and all that.. Why would you want me to drive a 4 door 610 down to golden gardens??????

Bring the 610 to show Datsun diversity ;)

I would have posted pics last night but I'm a bit under the weather....blech

This is why I need to replace the core support, doesn't look to bad at first glance but then I've had quite a few glances at it now :P

03092007068.jpg

rust is not as bad as my other cab at least :eek:

in case your wondering...that's glass bead sprinkled everywhere...doesn't cut the rust like I hoped. I picked up some aluminum oxide, hopefully that will do the trick...

03092007067.jpg

Thanks Fineline, now I have to clean up my axle to look like it deserves these brackets :cool:

03092007071.jpg

Steve...trying calling around to the sandblast suppliers and ask about something cheaper. They have a slag(copper I think) by product that is real aggresive and only about $8/100bag.

(edit.... I wanted to amend this. I've come to the conclusion that the product I referenced is too coarse and too irregular to work in any of my equipment....at least it doesn't work well. I just found another product that is a finer grit and much more consistent. It's a nickel slag product and is $12/100lb bag. I haven't tried it yet, but if it doesn't work, then they have an even finer grit, but it's not in bags...I have to take my own buckets. Anyway....didn't want too many people trying to go out and get the Kleen Blast stuff and not be able to run it. Okay....off to test it! :)

I'll do that...the aluminum oxide works ok but I'm out now...

$8/bag sounds way better than what harbour frieght charges...

Got my own sand blasting booth :D

P3100001.jpg

Looks a little better...

Ted I'll gladly take that floor...I'll have to let you know when I can make it the way. Maybe next weekend.

P3100002.jpg

Brush a brusha... gettin the rear cleaned up for the new brackets

P3100003.jpg

I think this might be it, but it shouldnt be that hard to source those if it isn't

BCA Part # 30208

Also check out what else I found...

BECK/ARNLEY Part # 1013458

Driveshaft Center Bearing Assembly, Contains Bearing And Insulator;1 Per Car

Rockauto rules :cool:

Nice, Awww drilling spot welds brings back memories :D My battery tray looks the same... I just used some rust doctor on and and called it good. Is that fat tire? I remember the bottle from Canby :D

Yep same stuff...hehe

I'll be sandblasting that rust and I got some por15 to coat the engine bay and interior...

My old core support came apart real easy like. It was just brazed together and I got it apart with no drilling.

• 4 weeks later...