My 77 620 Kingcab

]2eDeYe

Got quite a bit done this weekend...

Cleaned up the core support and rear axle for a little por15 action...

Photo0063.jpg

Photo0064.jpg

Also mocked up a new electric fan.

I use this same fan on my CJ and love it, 2-speeds and plentiful at pull-a-part...it's out of the h.o. tauras.

image212.jpg

It should fit perfect after a bit of modification to the shroud...

Photo0059.jpg

Photo0057.jpg

a cut here...

Photo00611.jpg

and a cut there...

image21.jpg

I was running this fan before but it was a pain to mount as a pusher and not cut into my core support...

image2.jpg

I also got my hubs machined and then fitted up one of my wheels for clearance. Looks like I'll be able to just bolt everything up and run 'em :D

I'll have pic's up of that after I get them off my g/f's camera ;)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish...unfortunatley, I'll be working on it through that weekend. I even missed the BBQ this weekend, but I got alot accomplished. Just gotta keep pluggin away...hopefully it'll be done by Pauls bash in August :rolleyes:

To think this all started with a simple motor swap and now my interior is in the bed and my drivetrain is all over the garage :confused::o

On my jeep I have a starter selenoid relaying the high speed (80amp startup draw) and a 30 amp relay for the low speed. I just use a 3-way switch on the dash to control it.

On the datsun it'll be an 80 amp relay with a switch under the dash for high speed (high will be a just in case I'm stuck in traffic on a hot day in southern cali type thing) The low speed will be on a 30 amp relay and it will have a ground circuit temp switch in the thermostat housing so it will come on at 185deg's.

Should work out pretty well, if not I still have a spare fan for the jeep :D

More pic's..enjoy :D

Machined 620 hubs, The rotors bolt up perfect...

06042007002.jpg

Hub's mount up to the 2" spindles with the stock 620 bearings like they were designed that way

06042007003.jpg

Does anyone have a pic of a stock hardbody brake setup? I think I'm missing the caliper bracket... :P

Here's a pic of the wheel mounted and at ride height. With fender lip rolled theres lot's of clearance there.

06042007004.jpg

Theres no rotor in the pic, but it's mounted to the back of the hub so it wouldn't get in the way...

I think if you got your hubs turned down they should fit (I no longer need a 1/4" spacer up front, helping clearances a bit). Of course, I have the 2" drop spindles on there too. That may be helping out as well by keeping the control arms at a more manageable length in thier arc....

I could test fit it with the stock spindles if you want.

Mike, thanks for the link, but thats all kingpin stuff :D

ya...but that was the HB bracket you are missing. I didn't mod the bracket , just made a plate to attach it to the spindle. The caliper mounts to the bracket with holds the pads, then the bracket mounts to the plate, which mounts to the spindle where the backing plate used to mount. Didn't Glengmen(sp?) have pics up on his thread/

Thanks, considering it will be 4 wheel disc now, I think it'll stop fine. The fact that I won't have to adjust them is probably my favorite feature :D

Ice, I was messing with my vinyl cutter last night and forgot to measure the fan, but I did a search on my other favorite site and found this link...

http://www.broncoii4x4.com/taurus-fan/electric-taurus-fan.php

Which had these pic's...

16"s

fan-16inches.jpg

17.5"s

fan-17-5inches.jpg

23"s

fan-23inches.jpg

5"s

fan-5inches.jpg

This fan came with the 3.8 in 90's Taurus' they are all over the pull-a-part for $15, so cheap I picked up 2 :D

They pull a reported 2000 cfm and I've found the shroud is easily modified for different applications. In my CJ I modified the shroud and tucked the fan into my grill and use it as a pusher fan. In the Datsun it will be a puller, mounted up to the radiator (as it's configured in the fords)

• 5 months later...

Ok, you twisted my arm...

Update...

As you guys may or may not know my inner fender on the blue cab was a litte fubar....I got it mostley straightend, but it still was off 1/2" from the new core support I have and it looked hella rough. Was staring at it onenightand I got a flashback of disassembly of the frontend. One sides upper control arm had quite a few spacers and the other had none... I should have realized it then. Needless to say I want a straight truck from the start.

So I got yet another frame and cab (with title) over the weekend.

Thanks Pthedude :D

ATT00007.jpg

Altough it looks a bit rough, the frame and the cab are straight and it got even less rust than the blue cab...Hopefully, I'll be able to strip it downto the frame and cab the weekend after next.

Plan is to take the frame in and get it blasted, bring it hoee and put the chassis together. Then get the cab blasted. Te bed needs the most work because I plan to wrap the bullet around the tailgate like Steriod did the dually. Hooks are off, but I was sorta disheartened about the cab n frame so I havent spent much time on it....but now that I'm straight...I''m straight. :D

Here's some hook pics... cause we like pics :fu:

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

I tried a few different methods, but the one that worked the best/fastest was to cut the weld with the wizzy wheel. Whack it with a rubber mallet a few times to brake the spotwelds (or tear the thin metal of the hooks). Then, grab it with vice grips and work it off back and forth. After that I ground down the weld smooth. I'm gonna fill the gap anyways so I'm leavin the leftovers. :o

Whizzy

Picture006.jpg

Grips

Picture007.jpg

Picture010.jpg

mm smoove

Picture013.jpg

Sorry all you hook fans :fu:

Anyways...if I can afford it I'll get some coilovers before assembly (Thanks fineline) but with Christmas coming we'll see. I really want my truck back and they can be added anytime :D

Time for the blue wrench :D haha I just wanted to say that :D I'm sure you will be keeping this column and other normally cut off parts :D Dam you must have quite the pile of extra 620 parts ;) I noticed that one is a 79, are you still going to run the older axle because its narrower? If so you should sell me the 79 axle :D hehe