What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

Got wiring thing worked out. Now it turns over with out continuing to keep running the starter when in on pos. And got the reverse lights working. Also got the clutch working (the hard line was clogged up loosened it up with a wound guitar string ). Just have to put gear oil in trans and gas in tank and fire it up.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not today but Saturday I:

-Adjusted valves

-Put the fan shroud back on with foam insulation to close the rad- shroud gap

-Rewelded exhaust hanger

-New idler arm bushing(pains ins my hiny)

-Put tape weights on the front tires cause they were hitting the tie rod ends in corners

-Cleaned my K&N pcv filter

-Shinied up the chrome again....

New steel fuel line and flaring tool came in via amazon.com, and after getting under my car to start measuring and cutting, I realized that my 71 510 already has a return fuel line.  Tool and fuel line purchased for nothing!

Oh well.  I guess if I happen to need to fix any fuel line in the future, I'm geared up for it.

Picked up a used front clip to replace my passenger side inner fender. Paul from Moore Speed had one for sale at his shop in Salinas. Real nice guy, we talked cars for a while, and he showed me some of this current and on-going projects. He's in the process of selling some items before moving his shop to the Vacaville - Sacramento area. He's also got some machine tools, two car lifts, and a 510 rear quarter panel for sale, if anyone's interested.

IMG_0053_zpsf6d323cd.jpg

IMG_0036_zps92b820d8.jpg

IMG_0050_zps5791b627.jpg

IMG_0052_zps2c403df2.jpg

• Like 1

today I replaced the starter with a gear reduction one it starts so fast now 

replaced the wideband 02 sensor 

fixed the washer bottle sprayer and nozzles 

tightened the alternator belt 

and washed the dirty car 

• Like 1

Almost crashed it... 

Went to a local meet and almost died on the way home. Its not incredibly safe driving without working headlights or defroster when it started to rain. I almost drove right into a median since I didnt see it. Guess I know what I have to fix tomorrow.