710's unite!!!!!!!!

Guest jaimesix

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nice.... so the 45 prior to my current 8 don't count?

Have a guy interested in trading a 620 + cash for my 710... Guess I'll be in the 620 pages if it happens...

My buddy has a 510 sedan, an sr20, and almost complete fiberglass widebody kit, too bad he manages a store for walmart (never has time).

I see you made a list of all the vehicles you have and should sell... And the only one your contemplating selling is the one you need to keep. Weird.

Sell my poncho and harley?? crazy talk, but I understand the datsunitus...

I'll always have room for a Datsun

1976 Shovelhead - torn down to the frame, stripped, ready to paint - undecided on color

.. wait a sec... How much did you lower the shovel head?

Shwaa??

I took it apart, stripped off years of paint and nasties, and its bare metal... haven't chosen a direction with it... too clean/unmolested to modify the frame

Well I decided what to do with my 710 wagon... traded it for a 2004 450R TRX (will be much easier to sell)

May pick up another datsun when I've thinned the herd and gained more time for projects, still have 5 more years until I can retire from active duty though...

Too many 710 Wagons around anyways =)

I enjoyed the bliss of ignorance when I thought I had the only one around, and thought it was nice until I saw an Orange one that was really nice.

I truly enjoy the ratsun community, tons of great people, great stories... Sometimes life just has other plans for us and our Datsuns.

To make the dash cover:

I gently ground it flat, and filled cracks with bondo, then hand sanded smooth

I used blue masking tape and carefully double layered every exposed inch of the original dash pad

Then I used a sharpie and drew lines on only the high ridges, then used a razor blade and cut along the sharpie lines, this made flat pieces for my pattern.

I transferred the masking patterns to paper and traced 1/2 inch lines around all the pieces (as seen previously in this thread), this allows the pieces to be sewn together.

Use something that will lay flat for sewing the pieces together, get with someone that sews - as I cant describe the way my friend described it.

I personally used contact cement and carefully positioned my sewed cover on the pad, and started gluing it on from the center out. It will stretch a little, dont try stretching it. Once the glue dries, it will shrink a little too. Be patient and dont get in a hurry, take your time and do it a few sections at a time, I would glue down one flat surface at a time.

Very nice car. Nice tachometer. Is is a plug in ( non US tach onto us wiring ?) or is it a direct onto coil connection ?

The tach was an option on, or came on the hardtop? Not sure, but they are around. Skib has one, I have one (tks will) It should plug into the 710 harness.