710's unite!!!!!!!!

Guest jaimesix

have factory parts especially when there so rare

This is why. Cool factor also. Be honest if there was an empty place in your dash right now and you has a stock tach and an autometer (or any other tach of choice) which would you put in? Why be content when you can be complete? :lol:

• Like 3
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i would still stick to the autometer for a few reasons one being it reads to 10k 2 its easier to wire in and 3 i like the idea of rare parts sitting on the shelf and making others envy me :P

I don't know about the 610 or the autometer tachs, but the 710 factory is bolt in, plug in andplay. Because it's factory everything is there waiting for it.

you can say this is rarer, or that is rarer, but how many 710 tachs have you seen? how many 610 tachs have you seen? ive seen 5 times as many 610 tachs myself so it seems to me the 710 ones are harder to find

(I have one, at the moment not installed)

The 610 tach plugs directly into the stock 610 harness. I'm not sure how wiring in an aftermarket tach would be easier than plugging into stock connectors... :confused:

that part isnt easier but its a whole 4 wires...4 NEW wires no hooking it up and hoping the factory harness doesnt have a short or the po had hacked the crap out of that circuit i know on my car thats not an issue because i went threw the entire harness when building it but for someone else this could be a factor

Hey Hulk! Your datsun looks just like mine! Its very clean too. How many miles are on it? What have you done to it?

On a side note, could you guys tell me which struts/springs to go with to drop the front a couple inches.

I saw the 280zx and maxima but the maxima need modified and dunno which year 280zx. Info for 710s :)

Hey Hulk! Your datsun looks just like mine! Its very clean too. How many miles are on it? What have you done to it?

On a side note, could you guys tell me which struts/springs to go with to drop the front a couple inches.

I saw the 280zx and maxima but the maxima need modified and dunno which year 280zx. Info for 710s :)

both maxima and 280zx need modification you wither cut the spring perch off the new strut and weld the spring perch from the old strut on or go coil overs

My datsun has 98K miles, I rebuilt the top end last month. My friend jhon 510 helped me out. So Far I just cut the front springs a little. I insatlled a aluminum Rad, Installed a clean sound system, I painted the wheels black and used corolla beauty lips on the wheels. I am looking for datsun hub caps, right now I'm using the corollas as well (I would Rather Not). I'm having overheating problems right now, but hopefully rebuilding the top end. Rebuilding the carb,changing the rad, Thermostat, pump, hoses, tem sensor, alternator,filters, and all the little things I have done will take care of the problem. I think I was running lean on top of my Head gasket being bad, and the Radiator half clogged.

both maxima and 280zx need modification you wither cut the spring perch off the new strut and weld the spring perch from the old strut on or go coil overs

Yeah, i used zx struts, b210 perches and springs. I cut 2 coils off the springs and mounted the perch in the stock zx location, i still have a little possitive camber plan on getting more low/ cAmber plates.

Im guessing you need to cut off the old perch because the old perch causes clearence issues because its designed for a larger diameter coil, am I right? Are these struts shorter and/or stiffer? What year struts am I looking for or will any work? Only 280 "ZX" fit?

Do they even make coilovers for these cars?

Well you basicly got the idea, mount the left on the rightside right on the left side. For clearence that is. The subject is covered so much that its painfully easy to look it up, or so i thought lol

http://www.google.com/m?hl=en&gl=us&client=ms-android-huawei-us&source=android-browser-key&q=how+to+swap+zx+struts+onto+a+510