710's unite!!!!!!!!

Guest jaimesix

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im none of those things, and hate slot mags, but thought you where making a big mistake lolol. I would have made the trade, but only couse the bigger ones are worth more scrap monies.....

Id rather run centerlines than slot mags hahaha

• 1 month later...

I have the task of deciding to sell it, or turbo it, or swap something into it. I could have bought an LD20T2 (turbo diesel L20B basically) for 1600, but I passed on it because it wasnt complete... I have a dogleg 5 speed to put in it at some point, but I have too many other projects, along with the fact the military is trying to take all my free time 10 months out of the year.

I like the website, loads of good knowledge, and some humorous other filler as well...

yeah, I made the dashcover after being told it would be a pain to do.

the color I was told by the previous owner is silver minden pearl, its a neat color for sure.

There is a blue/gray color for that car but figures the flash was washing it out. So silver... like!

I'm tempted to Q45 the engine bay...

For the longest time there was a vh45dd and auto trans (all accessories/ecu/even manifolds w/cats) on ebay, very complete for 1000... not seeing it anymore though...

Kinda looking for some feedback on what I should do to make it more fun to drive, the L20B is kinda wimpy. Currently has Weber DG32 or something like that, mallory unilite dist, MSD ign, and just put on the peanut head... Havent done header/exhaust yet, not until I rule out a turbo...

What ideas would you all suggest. I want it to at least get 25mpg, be fun to drive, get it sideways if necessary... I like the idea of an SR swap, but it's a bit expensive and overdone.

I suppose I could entertain that, but then other guys with KA powered 710 wagons might think I was copying them... =)

Anyone know how much boost an L20B will take before you start ventilating the block? Was thinking a suck through carb setup and turbocoupe sized turbo might work...

I notice a majority of members are west coast based.

So ok, here's the current list

1977 710 Goon - supposed to be my DD - contemplating selling/trading

2002 Monte Carlo ss my actual DD until my daughter earns the right to drive

1998 Deville immaculate, but wife still wants something new (sigh)

1966 F250 DD when I need to haul something or get bored

1957 pontiac - restomod, 347 w/tripower - learning to do floorboards

1971 Camaro - taken as trade, undecided on it's fate, awaiting a title (sigh)

Bikes

1979 XS650 bobber project (kids & grandpas project)

1976 Shovelhead - torn down to the frame, stripped, ready to paint - undecided on color

out of state

1979 ford bronco - DD 10 years ago

1952 F-1 will be my DD in 10 years - ha

1956 GMC 1.5 ton truck - gonna make a carhauler someday? dunno

To summarize, I understand the "incompletion plague"