710's unite!!!!!!!!

Guest jaimesix

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

N(, they are sedans, just like what i suspect yours is, but yours is probly a 78 witha flat trunk, the "taxi" 710.

The seats in the back where to dark so they changed the angle of the back window to get more light in. Not many around, but you should post some pics that i can see.

I will attach photos of my car later but RedBanner you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

From WIKI: "The original four-door bodywork was quite swoopy, with a fastback line, which led to a certain amount of customer complaints at the limited rear vision and dark rear cabin - especially for children. Taxi companies refused to purchase any more Violets, and in a rather drastic facelift for 1976 Nissan replaced the entire rear end (including the roof panel and the doors) with more traditional, notchback bodywork. This version also received a new chassis code, 711. The two-door sedan did not undergo this modification; it is unknown whether it remained available alongside the new 711-series.[1]"

My car is a 1976 710 or 711 :x

Hey guys I finally decided to show my 710 (HULK), I would like to know how many people have actually seen one like mine, not in pictures but in real person. As a matter of fact, I cant even find it online. I guess it was replaced by the sedan hatch looking one that everyone has and is very common. I like to think I got something specia;; here, correct me if I am wrong. I grew up around datsuns in mexico, when I was a kid, litterally every single cab was a datsun. My dad always drove 620's, My brothers first ride as well, and mine as well. I learned how to drive on them. My dad was an immigrant that drove from Santa Rosa CAL.3000 miles to mexico non stop always in a 620 loaded to the max. NOt one of the 10 620's left him stranded. Datsun's are a tradition in my family and in Mexico, my dad and uncles were known to drive the nicest Datsun's restored by my uncles. Anyway I love this 710. How can I post pictures, it asks for an URL, can someone help me, I want to share photos of my HULK

710-Hulk

After you have your pictures on your computer go to http://postimage.org/ ..... you dont need to sign up.

CLick browse and find the pic on your computer.

Then click upload it. The next screen will show your picture. Down below next to "direct link", copy that address. Now come back to ratsun and click the small "image" button. Paste the direct link address you copied from before and there you go.

Here you go :) I know they arnt the greatest pictures but i just wanted to give you guys and idea of what we were dealing with! Let me know what you guys think. (Those are the original miles)

I remember seeing that car on craigslist for something like 7000 dollars! I also found some photos of the car from before it was repainted yellow:

HPIM1126.jpg

HPIM1127.jpg

HPIM1128.jpg

Damn it will I thought I knew it all. Now that I know there is a difference I went checking and sure enough. Looks like there was a change in part numbers and from Jan '76 on the rear quarters, glass and trim, trunk lid and hinges.... on and on. Well well.

So I am guessing that there are not to many examples of these cars on the web. Decisions decisions....

Also, could not get the brochure to work.

:(

It is a .pdf file, so you need Acrobat on your system.

I saw a '76 Dastun catalog that still had the fastback 4-door sedan, so I guess only the 76.5 and 77 4-door cars have the notchback design. Strange that they would do such a last-minute redesign.

On a related note, it looks like the 2-door sedan Violet (140J/160J) was cancelled pretty early in Japan - it doesn't appear in any of the later catalogs. I've searched and searched, and the only image of a Violet 2-door sedan I've found is this one, stuck in the side of a hill in Japan:

09061601_VC.jpg

Those are all still the "lift back" styles though arent they? I dont even know the proper name for my model lol.

Feel like such a newb.

From WIKI: "The original four-door bodywork was quite swoopy, with a fastback line, which led to a certain amount of customer complaints at the limited rear vision and dark rear cabin - especially for children. Taxi companies refused to purchase any more Violets, and in a rather drastic facelift for 1976 Nissan replaced the entire rear end (including the roof panel and the doors) with more traditional, notchback bodywork. This version also received a new chassis code, 711. The two-door sedan did not undergo this modification; it is unknown whether it remained available alongside the new 711-series.[1]"

My car is a 1976 710 or 711 :x

Damn it will I thought I knew it all. Now that I know there is a difference I went checking and sure enough. Looks like there was a change in part numbers and from Jan '76 on the rear quarters, glass and trim, trunk lid and hinges.... on and on. Well well.

Kathos, I've had my 710s for several years and never knew this about them. Now who's the noob? Thanks for bringing this up.

• Like 1

Ive mentioned the late model sedan like 20 times,,there was a green one at canby,,,, anyways, they where sold in usa like mine untill mid 77. Then they started selling the late model one.

Mexico and near the border got them sooner. My "notchback" is late 76,

• Like 1