Not your everyday Datsun 520!!!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just measure it and there is 2 1/2 inches between the hood and the oil fill cap. There is 1 1/2 inches between the breather and hood. It needs to go down like 3 inches to lay pinch and 3 1/2 inches to lay rocker.. I could lower the motor mounts but I don't think that there is enough room to make much of a difference.

back to the kingpin flip. ADrummond came over today and we pulled the kingpins out of his spindles. We took a pretty good look at the dogbone. Although I'm still not recommending it, there's more meat there than I remembered. We thought it might work if the bigger top hole was bored out to remove the taper, then sleeved to accept the fulcrum pin. That might take the abuse. As for converting the smaller lower hole....a delrin(similar to nylon) sleeve over the stock bolt should work. The kingpin inclination appears to be parallel to the line between the pivot points of the dogbone, so the geometry should be the same once flipped. I've never cared for the idea based on ones I've seen previously, but I'm starting to come around to the idea.....if it's done right. I have to redo the kingpins on the NL....maybe they'll get flipped while I'm at it and that would save having to Z the control arms. :)

Here is a question for you metal structure wizard's. Would it be possible to put a kingpin dogbone into a large shop press and actually create a little bent(i.e. kingpin inclination). It could be bent to help bring camber a little closer to Zero. I know that it will fit a press, and that they will bend, BUT will it hurt the metal structure? Would heat, and slow cooling help?

Jason

I wouldn't bend them. I am going to be making new upper mounts for the a arms. When I do that the upper arm will be moved out to fix the camber a bit. If it still has too much negative camber I would section the lower arm before I tried to bend the dogbone.. I personally like the look of having a certain amount of negative camber though..

That would be sweet!!! Thanks Mark.. Here is a pick of the Shallow Pocketz sticker... You all know how it is trying to be a Baller on a Budget....

HPIM0784.jpg

I was not going to tint my windows but I came up with an idea so it is going to get a lite tint job. I am going to lay 2 layers on the back glass. The first is going to be a piece cut out of the rising sun then the next will just be a solid piece over the whole window. Probably be in like 20%, Something not too dark... Then just 20% on the sides...