Not your everyday Datsun 520!!!

O.K. I got the new parts truck home. Finially!! Had to wait on this crazy lady for like 2 hours to show up.... I think it is, well I don't know what year it is! I do know it is a 520 with a 1600R under the hood.. Dual carbs.. Another 1600 r in the bed... HPIM0798.jpg

What are these worth? I am told they are hard to come by..

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The rhd conversion is still there. I just havent worked on that much. I just got a parts truck and I am in the process of dismantling both to make the cleanest truck out of the two. I am swapping the cabs and the beds right now. I know, why not just build the gold truck, right? I have a good title in hand for the 67 so I want to use that frame so it matches the title.. I will get some pics up for your viewing pleasure tonight when I get home from work...

Nothing had to do just time consuming. It sucks right now being on night crew. I only get to work on it a short period of time every day. Here are a few pics of how everything is sitting at the moment...

Here is the parts truck getting stripped

HPIM0810.jpg

Here is the builder

HPIM0809.jpg

I am getting quite a collection of spares!!!

HPIM0812.jpg

HPIM0813.jpg

Check out how clean this bed floor is!!

HPIM0811.jpg

Dude you don't even slow down! I like all the photo updates to :) are you cutting the bottom of the bed out for the 4 link? It almost seems to clean..... maybe you could raise the bed floor. I can't wait to see it on the ground again :)

Yep I am going to raise the bed floor 8 inches. The fender well will be just below the bed rail. The I am going to sheet metal the sides and the inside of the tailgate to make it look real clean. I don't want any wholes so it looks clean and so I can still haul my fourwheeler in the bed... Once it is all cut and welded back together I am going to rhino line the inside of the bed for durability..

thats some serious work u doing there man! glad to see all the pics of the progress. it helps me a lot.... i actually got up off my fat ass and started doing some work on the truck thanks you. first thing was rhd. a bitch of a job to get the steering box apart but did it without breaking anything. thats a good thing for someone like me with no patience. ill be taking pics of the box apart and post em for all to see. i havent seen any here yet. would kill for a shop manual right about now!!!