Official Unemployed Thread.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an appointment monday at 9am to meet with the welding instructor.

theres 2 types of classes, i can go thru and get a cert or just take regular classes on it for now, which will get me some credits and some recognizable/credited shop hour time

:D:D

just found this but been unemployed for more than a month.......still fighting unemployment and DSHS for some freaking food stamps......starting to get really pissed off at the damn government!

i'm normaly an apartment maintance tech but the market is FLOODED with people looking for work.....too many people applying for one job....i've had 2 call backs and one interview so far and sent like at least 2-3 resume's out a day!i saw one job on CL for a werehouse worker that they wanted a college degree! it's fucking nuts out there.

now being jobless is gonna fuck my summer.......no job=no datsun any time soon.......can't even get drunk for my birthday i'm so damn poor.

• 1 month later...

People are getting laid off at my place. Not yet for me, but it is a matter of time. Its time to hit the books and go back to school for me. Luckily my Datto project is almost done so I will keep her and not sell her. Peace!

well im part of this too. i got fired on may 30th. but the reason was bogus. she said because i knew that another employee was looking for work, and subsiquintly quit, i dont care about the company enough to tell her, i dont care about my job. so far i dont get ei. but they investigating, and i havent been paid everything im owed. so labour relations is on it. also once the goverment agencies determine it was a wrongfull dismissal, im going to sue her as well just for fun. at least im around for my baby girls first days, and to help my wife out with stuff

been playing Mr. Mom since April 1st. signed up and got approved for the retraining act...registered for school for nursing, and the day after I registered I got called back to my previous job. if I turn the job down I loose schooling and unemployment, dont really want this job back, but I have to! so as of Aug 3 I will be a machinist again at a big name factory that appreciattes nobody and treats everybody like crap. lucky me though, in 2 years everything I own will be paid off, and then I can get a job doing something I live...bodywork and paint. till then I get to be sombodies bitch!

• 4 weeks later...

congrats to me, i start monday i had an interview yesterday and got the call today.

i will be working in a self storage facility that is about 14 mins from me and the opposite way that traffic is usually headed.. shit i can ride my fixie there with no problem :D

Im still sitting around on my ass. Just got word on Monday 4 months after my Temp lay off that Im not being asked back due to the lack of work. I got 5 letters of recommendation from Pres, Vice Pres, Boss, Supervisor, and a fellow employee along with $4000. Also a letter expressing there regets. I think I would trade it all back to them if they would give me my Job back though..Hehe unemployeement is fun just cant afford to pay attention.

I love toys they help pass the time..

ry%3D480

• 2 weeks later...