Official Unemployed Thread.

add me to the list but not for a reason ive seen here i got injured at work it is now a perminant disability now i have to not only find a job but one i can do without standing for long amounts of time

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

add me to the list but not for a reason ive seen here i got injured at work it is now a perminant disability now i have to not only find a job but one i can do without standing for long amounts of time

you could get one of those on the knee jobs, and you wont have to pay taxes hahaha...

Seriously tho bonvo that sucks man, i didnt catch it in a thread, what happened?

you could get one of those on the knee jobs, and you wont have to pay taxes hahaha...

Seriously tho bonvo that sucks man, i didnt catch it in a thread, what happened?

i fell at work the way i fell caused my knee to bend sidways at a 90 degree angle ripping and streaching tendons they grew back but grew back to tight and thanks to insurance lagging the cartalage in my knee has been ground into almost nonexistance and i have nearve damage

heres a quick paint pic of how it bent on a fuzzy pic of me

kneebend.jpg

Edited by bonvo

I'm not unemployed (yet), but I am in the middle of searching for a job in my field.

I'm about to graduate with a degree in electronics engineering and I haven't had much luck finding anything. Most places I've sent applications to haven't even acknowledged my existence. From what I've heard, a lot of engineers are getting laid off so it means I have to be competing against people with a lot more experience than me.

I am at least covered for the summer, though. I have a job lined up working with maintenance for the university dorm I live in.

heh

theres to much time anymore, seems as tho i am gonna get fucked soon :

My unemployment is good as long as I look for work, which is easy enough. Tho i cant goto school because then i would not be available for work. Not sure whats going to happen just yet, will have to see what financial aid will do and maybe find some part time work under the table and just skip the unemployment or something.

Anyways, in the mean time. I have been tinkering with my truck. Got the heater to work on all speeds, bought some more primer and paint, some brass brushes, simple grean, brake cleaner etc and have been cleaning parts.

built a fence for my father in law ill take some pics of it, i stay outside all day even if im not doing much lol. play with my kids, been going crabbing daily. started messing around with photoshop and man is that shit addicting. i suck and it and still cant figure anything out but figured out how to make my truck look lowered lol

I found two 521's for a good deal, i am picking those up once i get my severance check. am going to part the second one out to help recoup for the money spent.

also, i filed unemployment here in oregon. but i wasnt here long enough and they reported all my wages to washington so i had to go and re-file so i have to wait another week, what bullshit is that?

ill get 265 a week before tax and child support is taken out. and i cant get on state medical because i make to much. ha, fucked :

also pulled the cowl off my fiance's van and cleaned out the weep hole, was so full of pine needles that it was clogged. every time it rained it would overflow and run inside the van

hey folks, need a bit of bucks? I ALWAYS need help getting parts off the parts vehicles, my arthritus isn't getting better, always in pain and needing parts off. Will pay well for experienced and careful folks. I have quite a few tools and a generator and compressor. You know women and car parts! Can never have too many. Right now, I need body parts and interior parts pulled. Just south of Seattle. Tana, the Datsun Lady

I was let go march 1st 2009 from Honda. It was an easy job that I got to drive new cars around but they lost a lot of money in sales and advertising. So it was the gotta get rid of people to keep the high-ups pay checks the same. So i've been doing my own thing but 200 a week isn't cutting it. My plan is to go get certified for welding and use that to make good money and work on my truck. Two birds, one stone. :D

I was let go march 1st 2009 from Honda. It was an easy job that I got to drive new cars around but they lost a lot of money in sales and advertising. So it was the gotta get rid of people to keep the high-ups pay checks the same. So i've been doing my own thing but 200 a week isn't cutting it. My plan is to go get certified for welding and use that to make good money and work on my truck. Two birds, one stone. :D

i want to take the welding class too. but my unemployment will cancel if i do. meh

oregon and washington

i do live in oregon now, but my unemployment goes thru washington since i havent been here for 18 months.

lady said if i goto school then they consider it not being able to actively look for work or work full time.

• 2 weeks later...
Crap! Sorry to hear Skib :(

What are your plans?

• get some unemployment
  • milk my severance check
  • hang out and enjoy the datto
  • then go back to school full time like i should have done a while ago

:lol:

• 1 month later...

I might have a new job today. I won't know till 4pm. As much as I like collecting the unemployment check, it's not cutting it. Plus if I want to go to school i'll lose my benefits. So I need a job either way. :D I hope all of the other people on here find a job too. This being poor shit sucks:mad: well have a good day everybody.

haha

im making more on unemployment then when i was working so cant complain

waiting on the welding teacher to call me back from the local college, hes at lunch now. if that dont work out, i knwo someone at a new company here in town that does welding. i might be able to get some experience in there and what not. maybe start off a job there after some training.

Im tired of working shit jobs, last couple paid decent but i want a skill/trade

haha

im making more on unemployment then when i was working so cant complain

waiting on the welding teacher to call me back from the local college, hes at lunch now. if that dont work out, i knwo someone at a new company here in town that does welding. i might be able to get some experience in there and what not. maybe start off a job there after some training.

Im tired of working shit jobs, last couple paid decent but i want a skill/trade

I wish I could say I was making more on unemployment but i'm not. Hey I hope you get into welding. That is what I want to take when everything is going good enough.