Official Unemployed Thread.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this not working is killing me i need a job like 6 months ago and no one is fucking hiring im going crazy i have stuff to pay and no way to pay it /end rant

my financial aid hasnt gone thru yet!!

I was late sending it in. so im late getting it back. I re-did it and selected full time. Going to take the basic welding classes and 1 year auto i think.

I feel the pain, I've been unemployed for 1-1/2 years, Hard finding work in the automotive industry. I use to be a Service manager, of a busy shop. Shop ownership changed hands, new mgmt, no more work 4 me.:mad:

Good out of all this, yes. Spend more time with my 2-1/2yo daughter, and I found Datsuns.

Thanks to the GF for taking care of me, I got canned 2mo after we hooked up.

Will say I don't miss work just the $$$$.

Good luck to all.

• 2 weeks later...

Im still on the list. 6 months as of the 12th I think. I love companys that say for 5 months we are going to try and bring you back. They give you hope and then dont even call you to tell you. A letter shows up in the mail and says here is your final pay and here is your cobra insurance information. Focken $493.73 for insurance on a reduced rate?!?! sum bullsheet there. OK my rant is over...Im taking unemployment for all its worth. I love cash jobs for friends.

Edited by 72 327

Try filling out apps, getting an interview to only have the guy behind the desk say well I feel you are over qualified for this job and I feel that if a better paying job comes along you will leave. I don't want to invest our company's time in somebody that I feel will just leave in a couple months. I'm not lying this same story different scenarios, but basic concept, 4 times to me. Most of the time its never a call back. shitty shit shit

Edited by 72 327
Try filling out apps, getting an interview to only have the guy behind the desk say well I feel you are over qualified for this job and I feel that if a better paying job comes along you will leave. I don't want to invest our company's time in somebody that I feel will just leave in a couple months. I'm not lying this same story different scenarios, but basic concept, 4 times to me. Most of the time its never a call back. shitty shit shit

Damn That's gotta suck. I'm sure that would happen to me as well. If the shit hits the fan and I have to go look for work I'm fucked. I'm old and grumpy and no one would hire me.

My sister in law had the same problem as you every place she went into told her the same thing. Over qualified. :(

• 1 month later...

Everyone in this thread is about to hate me.

when i was a super little wee baby my pops died in a car crash. heres the short story:

he was super drunk. went to like 5 bars. they all let him go. boom.

lawsuits+life insurance+assets= this guy set.

when i turned 18 i got a check for around $2000. and i get one every month...til i die.

ive had 2 jobs in my life.

1.sealcoating. where i turned shitty parking lots into nice parking lots.(2 months)

2.radio shack. (2 weeks)

im 20 now... and i dont plan on working anytime soon.

i usually spend my days playing too many video games. and now have ample time to devote to my newfound love for Datsuns.

when i was a super little wee baby my pops died in a car crash. heres the short story:

when i turned 18 i got a check for around $2000. and i get one every month...til i die.

1.sealcoating. where i turned shitty parking lots into nice parking lots.(2 months)

2.radio shack. (2 weeks)

i usually spend my days playing too many video games. and now have ample time to devote to my newfound love for Datsuns.

Hate is not the word. :fu:

i forgot to update this thread. My financial aid didnt go thru. i didnt sign up for enough credits or to late or some bullshit. Its all gotta come outta my pocket, which is small since im laid off

2.radio shack. (2 weeks)

i'm jealous at the time you have for yourself! i would still work but set aside those checks for my Z project :D

i've been unemployed since July, kind of blows. i spent like $10,000 in parts for this LS1 Z project i'm TRYING to start, then lost my job. fuck you Mr. Economy. now i spend everyday looking for jobs and playing video games. no unemployment checks for me since i was going to school. but i dropped out, couldnt take the classes seriously. they were beyond easy and ridiculous.

Other side of the coin, I am self employed. Most of my customers have become unemployed. Business has dropped to zilch from what it was and in my business, it wasn't much to begin with, I wasn't getting rich by any means, just getting by. Stuck in a lease I can't get out of without huge legal fees. Landlord wont re-negotiate rent. Spending savings and selling toys to stay afloat this winter. And on top of that, the state of Oregon wants to tax business on GROSS revenue. So if that shit passes, guys like me who may post no profit or even a loss, might have to pay a tax on money we technically didn't make. And I quit a cushy job for this??

I feel for all you fellow ratsuners that can't find work. It'll get better for all of us. Hopefully sooner than later. In the meantime, I'm gonna sell all the shit I been hoarding for years and buy myself a Goon. At least I'll be happy.:D

Same basic situation here. I've been off for almost a year. Been selling off some small stuff that I really don't need but I'm running out. I don't really want to start liquidating the fleet if I can help it. I have unemployment through the end of the year. It just barely gets the bills paid. I'm not without skills but I can't seem to find any jobs that pay as much or more than unemployment. I guess we can all just hope for that change we were all promised.

What's up! I would like to add myself to the growing list. I've been unemployed for five months. Luckily my wife got a good office job before I quit my dead end low paying job. I've lost the family car, it got repossed while I was in the shower before work. My son asks me daddy why did the bad people take our car. I don't know what to tell him. I've applied at five places have received no call backs. I stay home and watch my two kids. Daycare is very expensive so I'm trying to find evening work to do once my wife gets home to watch the kids. No luck so far. I am really tired of the personality test section of all the online applications I've completed. Well I guess this is enough for now. Good luck to all of us.

Well in 2 weeks i start my emergency-emergency Unemployment benefits of which i think i will have 20 weeks of.... Running out of time.

Every job that I've called, emailed, gone in for have ether turned out to be a scam, full, or Im not eligible for. :( this is really starting to get to me. I have the shop to keep my sanity but Im still not getting paid for it. So far I've been trading labor for shop space and some necessary parts for the daily driver. My girlfriend and I want to move in together and out of our parents houses but its starting to become just a dream, and get this, if we don't move in together by feb. we're through. I hate shit like that but Im going to try everything i can.

Anybody know of a job in the northern Colorado area :lol: Ill work for a $1000 a month.

I just got hired at a new sears oulet store in clackamas. I believe they need more people.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/sls/1452861338.html

I also work security for securitas, and they are almost always hiring nationwide.

http://www.securitas.com/us/en/Career/Come-Join-Us/

Edited by dattojoe
  • 1 month later...

Damn, damn double damn

called late November to schedule up automotive for 1-2 years. Was told i cant register until January. Tried to register, was told classes are full and closed. What a mother fuck that is. Talked to the automotive teacher, he said its happened a lot and there were 5-6 guys in there that it happened to also. Some stupid broad at the registration desk dunno wtf she is talking about. Looks like automotive classes wont start for me till after summer.

So for now taking the other junk related to the automotive classes. I did somewhat OK on the compass test, read & english were up to par but math was kind of a bomb :fu: Taking English Fundamentals 3credits, Industrial safety 1credit, Pre-algebra I 3 credits, and materials processing 2credits which is welding. Start Monday! Last semester i was told i would get financial aid, i didn't. So i had to pay outta pocket today for last semester, im a broke joke now that's why i put my 720 up for sale. Financial aid is coming thru this time tho and i am getting ~1300 for 3/4 time school. Classes were 800 alone, hope books aren't that much :D Need some left over funding for more datsun shit, er i mean rent... :rofl:

• 2 months later...