Greiggy's '78 Aussie 620

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

greetings from japan ... its a nice sunny day here bit cool but thats how this place is right lol

thanks guys ! its been a long journey but it is worth the hard work and all the stress i definatley wouldnt have been able to do it without my brother, dad and great friends... support is everyhting these days !!

slow 620 what years your 620 and what engine config do you have in it???

It's a 76 model & still got the J15 in it but she's starting to get tired. I bought a CA18DET a few years ago but decided against it.

I'm looking at an engine swap in the very near future...not sure what yet...KA, SR, VQ? even. I have to suss them out a bit more. I want it as a daily driver & still want to carry loads sometimes so something with a bit of torque &

steering away from anything too peaky.

• 4 weeks later...

greetings all... im back from japan and missing tokyo big time... finding it hard to adjust back to normal life at home here....

well went and got my 620 from the trimmers... let just say im not going to put pics up of the interior as im not happy with it ... has been a massive let down i really wanted it to be completely done and the way i had asked for but thats not happened in my opinion ...

its holding the car back and my motor guy has just moved, and started a new job, so its a matter of waiting till the dust settles and getting it done then...

sorry for an average update :(

• 1 month later...

been quiet ... little bit of an update though am just collecting gear to do an e85 fuel install on the beast - so twin 044 pumps, 2000cc injectors, fuel rail, new fpr, big lines, etc etc....

still waiting on the trimmer to do my cards and headrests... gotta pull my carpet out and redo the shifter boot on the floor the one i had broke through and they are no longer available so time to change a few things.

still lurking just have had really nothing to show for it....

sorry bout the poor quality on my phone but i got a few snaps of the boot installed on the floor... nothing spectacular as its going to be covered by a console of some sort...

gearboot.jpg

gearboot2.jpg

am going to try to get onto my trimmer again this week once i get the interior back its time to save my money big time and get this baby going !!!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

finally got my injectors, fuel rail,start of my speedflow collection and second 044 fuel pump !

excited as ... e85 fuel tune here i come !! :D:D:D

IMG_8032.jpg

IMG_8033.jpg

IMG_8034.jpg

IMG_8035.jpg

IMG_8036.jpg

IMG_8037.jpg

gotta get my interior parts back from the trimmer that has not still been done so its time to take em elsewhere :(

heres a pic of the interior so far !

IMG_8017.jpg

once i get those extra interior bits done its just install motor and get everything going !!

its had an sr20 in the bay for about 3-4 years now with a os giken strengthened gearbox, nismo detroit locker, now 2000cc injectors + brian crower 272 cams etc etc ... the seats are a genuine recaro lx set however the trimmer didnt embroid the genuine recaro into the centres like i had asked etc etc...

thanks for the feed back on the car !

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

nothing too exciting to report except that i finally got my interior stuff back missing my headrests and door cards and sun visors not done... planning on speaking to a new trimmer over the next day or two to work up a new plan on getting them finished.

my fuel line should be here this week i hope - ill run it over the weekend and then start getting everything orgnaised for the motor over the next month or so i guess...

beginning to get really over the project sitting in the shed... if someone wants to offer me good money its yours !!! :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

so havent updated this in a loong time been busy with life...

its been in the shed patiently waiting for some upgrades...

got my door cards and sunvisors back from the new trimmer after being screwed around... must be an industry standard here?

got my DZ start and decided against fitting it for the moment due to possible teething problems when the car is in tuning and final finishing stage - itll get put in with the alarm once its registered and roadworthied.

the plan is to try to get it finished by xmas i want it done so i can start planning a new project ( saving and buying a house)

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0880-1.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg