Greiggy's '78 Aussie 620

well time for an update...

there is no updates since ive been saving hardcore and have just been on a 1 week trip to japan .

my bonnet just arrived back today from the painters but he is not 100% with it so itll be going back to his shop once its all together and running.

am getting really antsy about getting the old rocket running.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Came back to this thread for the pics on the front end upgrades and just realised that Greiggy would've just missed the quake in Japan! Crazy stuff mate - hopefully this post knocks loose a few update photos or something :cool:

dang i got notified of the thread and i thought it would be a spam bot :P

i was really really lucky that we got back from japan the week before... its such a shame because the japanese people are such nice genuine and caring people and you would never wish something so bad to happen to your worst enemy.

the 620 - nothing much has been done to the car since japan... been saving hardcore to get it done but have bought a new 4wd for daily/work and just waiting for some spare time to get it done at once without wasting time or extra cash on it.

alot has also come down to lack of motivation... its just extreme thinkin about what is needing to be done in a big list.

Wish i had a good update however I don't.... Had majr dental surgery today and due to not having private healthcover all my savings have been spent to get the surgery done....

Unfortunatley this means the 620 is going undercover and not getting touched until further notice ... Sorry guys... Unfortunatley health comes first !!!

• 2 weeks later...

as they say .. absence makes the heart grow fonder ... so ive been doing little odds and ends on the 620 while the bank balance recovers :-D

not too sure on to use the early model grille or to use a mate model... the chrome around the headlights breaks the front up a bit but not sure..it kinda gives the vehicle an identity crisis....

IMG_7489.jpg

IMG_7491.jpg

for all the punters too the bonnet is on it as well for the moment...

also ive been toying with the idea of where to put my boost controller... i dont smoke and never will so the ashtray was dead space and thought.. wow that would look farking awesome in there and it doesnt clutter the dash up too much!! so i done some cutting filling and priming and this is where it is at at the moment.. the final item will be trimmed in the same material as the seats and hoodlining to get a bit of consistency between the dash and the rest of the interior...

IMG_7494.jpg

IMG_7500.jpg

IMG_7501.jpg

as usual tips adivce helpful criticism is welcome!

that is a nice place :D i use mine for coins, good for parking when i actually feel like paying (rarely :lol:)

looks good man

i like the earlier grille heaps more, mines a later 620 too but i dont care :D

still working on this baby

just have finished doing the dummy up for the seat rails (this is the 3rd set that's been made) and got them tacked to be welded early next week by my bro the mad welder... have also cleaned, smoothed up and painted the alternator bracket and the engine mounts - when im back homein a few days it will be paint and check the gearbox xmember and then move onto getting the pesky rear brakes to stop dragging on the shoe and put in some more oil into the diff.

swb"74"620 - I have a dash I'm not using - bit rough on the dash pad and in general. Can Pm you some pics in time. But if you wanted to pour money into it to make it like Greiggy's then it is a perfect shell. I'll give it to ya for the price to post. Keep in mind postage ain't cheap - I think mine was at least $60 for my dash from Adelaide to Sydney, might have been more......Pm me if Greiggy hasn't got any leads.

PS - MORE PICS GREIGGY!!!

i had mine reskinned by the dashboard doctor ..... the age of the dash means its hard to find one as you know unwarped... i think the dash to reskin was around 500-600 bucks from memory... make sure you send the glovebox and the heater panel too as mine was slightly different through there.

sorry geordie man nothing new to report except the massive dust pile on the car

Copydat- Yeah Ive got one in my truck with out any cracks in alright condition, It's just warped. The glove box, heater vents and the circles where the gauges are are all warped out of shape, Cheers for the other though.

Greiggy- Your dash looks mint, 500-600 bucks Is a little more than I wanna spend though haha.

small update... my new balancer turned up and is now on the good motor awaiting a new belt for the drive. the good thing with this balancer is it is only a single pully so it allows room infront of the engine. also you can see where we had to make a new alternator bracket to get a smaller alternator to sit inline and closer to the engine without interfering with the turbo manifold and any other items.

IMG_7509.jpg

IMG_7507.jpg

IMG_7505.jpg

one more step towards getting it done :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...