Greiggy's '78 Aussie 620

IMG_7572.jpg

IMG_7570.jpg

it left this morning

then the tow car ( my 4wd ) spat out a heap of error codes (lost its abs,traction control, cruise control, headlights and a few other little things.. not sure on what they are i can only put it down to poor wiring on the trailer i borrowed from a friend.

itll go to the dealer to get looked at asap but the main thing is the datsun is gone from home and will be down there about a month.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

well nothing new to update on here except i got a new set of daily wheels for the 620 - id get a defect if i ran the 18" titans everyday...

with the help of my good buddy over there Cruzn620 i bought a set of dealer take off Nismo Frontier 16x7 rims !!! tyler if your reading this you are a bloody legend... dead set great guy has helped me out massively with this project so much !!!

IMG_7670.jpg

IMG_7671.jpg

IMG_7672.jpg

IMG_7673.jpg

IMG_7674.jpg

hopefully my interior wont be too far off .... then i can get started on finishing the baby off

This thing is Amazing Grieggy! Thanks for keeping us updated. Those wheels are the sex!

thanks scott yeah they should suit it well and add a nice class to the vehicle...

This is an amazing build. Did you have to trim your grill to get the intercooler to fit? Love that color on your truck man!

yeah unfortunately the grille had to be trimmed up a bit to get the cooler in... hopefully when its done and running ill get my plastic welder buddy to cut a grille a bit more closer and tidier so it look 100% i kinda screwed it up cutting this one

I know you love those Titans but if you ever need/want to hock them off - I think I know someone who would be very interested in taking them off your hands......B)

Great to see an update too mate!

haha you know me too well !! these rims arent going anywhere man ! that said if you are keen on a set send me a pm and ill give you the details for my contact over there who has now sent me a motza of stuff for my build.

• 2 weeks later...

another small update - just bought a set of Brian Crower 272/272 12.55mm cams for the sr20 .

next up will be some valve springs and retainers, new valves and some serious porting and polishing for it to go on the car down the track..

nothing new to report really - went and checked the fitment on the rims and they are good - will be a test when the tyres get put on to see if it scrubs the sway bar or not but see what goes on... the rims should have tyres on this week i hope

• 1 month later...

you are right steve... i think im going to run them less centre caps they just are a bit too big unfortunatley...

in other news finally found a nardi classic steering wheel in good nick and a matching colour scheme to my interior today!!

happy as coz it fits like a bawse to my steering boss :D

interior is very close to being done im told so am looking forward to getting the car back soon as hopefully to work on it over xmas!!

• 2 weeks later...

got the car back... with no interior... wasnt done so just bought the car back home i need to some more stuff to it which sucks... the carpet is about 90% done and in the car...

the nismo wheels fit perfectly ! just gotta trim my wheel studs and then they are sweet!

i think ill paint my calipers red too since now they are so easily seen through the spokes of the wheel... i do like the titans better but the nismo 16's give it a real jdm look just a shame they arent a bigger wheel :(

also the motor needs to come forward by about 10mm so so the brake master valve on the back of the greddy manifold hits the clutch master cylinder.

small things to be done in time to the car!

its home thats the main thing and i can start working on it now!

a629ae1f.jpg

1acb0070.jpg

0d8921c1.jpg

589f753c.jpg

• 1 month later...

small update - its off to the trimmers for round two as of today - hes got just on 3 weeks to complete the interior while im on holidays in japan...

once im back its full steam ahead to get the engine in and everything running right - there is a big regional show on here in mid may so i want to get it to that - the guys doing the work just dont know im gunna be pushing them for that time frame!!

the show is up in toowoomba here its the david hack show - this year its being held at the hockey club - last year there was over 600 odd cars everything from ferraris to gmh and ford mazda minitruck good all round show for our region !

otherwise there is a seven of clubs classic japanese show and shine soon in june in brisbane over the northside like nudgee i think...... hopefully ill get it down to that !