Greiggy's '78 Aussie 620

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!!! That is Beautiful!!! You will definitely not be able to loose that one in a large parking lot.

Greiggy that was well worth the wait. That is the prettiest 620 cab I have seen.

Are you going with a conventional 620 bed or the flat style?

thanks charlie and pac.coast.datsun!! now its been sprayed it looks pretty good and im happy with it to a degree - the only level up from this would be to do a full show car with polished chassis and all that stuff that sits in the shed...

its going to have a 620 tub on it. small things done to it - just a roll pan and shaved hooks/fuel door with a rhino bed lining in the back.

looking good dude... been a while since i seen an update as you havent updated your build on ozdat....good to see its still going and almost done, trust me when i say take it for a spin without the tray hehehe so much fun. i had heaps of fun with mine with out the stupid 600kg steel tray

got some toys over the last couple of days

bilstein shocks for all 4 corners ( able to be re-valved to what tension is required)

all new steering arms and centre rod

upper control arm bushes ( i had to use my old ones to get it rolling

upper control arm bump stops ( little acorn looking rubber things)

new brake pad shim kit as mine went missing from the pull down

lightened chromoly flywheel - apparently shatter proof

my box of dynamat

Greddy remote oil filter and greddy oil cooler kit.

Turbosmart E-boost street electronic boost controller

Autometer 3 3/8 tacho to fit in the stock location ( i cant find a stock tacho to use its too much annoyance.

ordered my exhaust manifold for the turbo.

should be able to progress nicely once i get cracking on it.

need to order a new idler arm and wait for the steering box to come back from being built but that is about where im at as of today.

got some pics of the front shocks installed...

nothing too flash apart from the shocks carrying a premium price tag!!!

IMG_2364.jpg

not in any rush to get the car back together as i have a few exams this week and a few jobs to get done, once they are out of the way its full steam ahead to get it together by april im hoping!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

small update

- am starting to put the wiring harness through the datto today

- my windows should be done tomorrow or tuesday at the latest

- got the dummy motor and the OS Giken gearbox in there at the moment so the exhaust manifold can be finished.

- dropping seats out to auto trimmers hopefully this arvo if they are at home - gotta finish off one more seat rail then they are done.

- brakes are sorted got braided lines done and all the calipers are assembled

- have to repaint the brake booster and install the proportioning valve then thats the front brakes done

- diff still needs to be built just waiting on the fellow who is doing it to get some spare time

IMG_2913.jpg

IMG_2905.jpg

IMG_2912.jpg

IMG_2915.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Greiggy, Your truck is really coming along. I think the wait on the paint & body work was well worth it! It came out BEAUTIFUL!

This will be by far the nicest 620 that I have had the pleasure of watching the build. The detail and extent of your build says volumes about you as a person.

Well done and keep up the good work and the patience.

• Like 1

That is one nice truck. Going to be awesome when its finished. Brakes look good too.

Larry

thanks for the comments :)

Hi Greiggy, Your truck is really coming along. I think the wait on the paint & body work was well worth it! It came out BEAUTIFUL!

This will be by far the nicest 620 that I have had the pleasure of watching the build. The detail and extent of your build says volumes about you as a person.

Well done and keep up the good work and the patience.

Thanks or the comments charlie - im really flattered!!! it has been a long and tiresome process with getting the panel and paint completed but now that stage is nearly over its a good sign.

Thanks again about the comments on the quality of the build. It will be the first and most likely the only car i will modify for a while to come so i am trying to take my time in doing it right without short cutting anything...

thanks !