Greiggy's '78 Aussie 620

yeah i am trying to figure out how to make a lip up and get rid of that lower valance somehow.

i would love one of those lips that goes on the bottom valance.. except it would cost me an arm and a leg in shipping and id need it here asap so i can trial fit.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Greiggy go to the for sale section of the forum & youll see all of the fiberglass parts thet Steroid sells. Its a sticky & will be one of the 1st threads. All of the part #'s & Steroids email adress are listed as well. He sells 2 different styles of air dams. The one pic u posted bolts to the valance so if you plan on not running one youd have to fab some strong brackets it'll bolt to. The 620 is looking sharp too BTW, keep the pics coming.

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=4495

Greiggy go to the for sale section of the forum & youll see all of the fiberglass parts thet Steroid sells. Its a sticky & will be one of the 1st threads. All of the part #'s & Steroids email adress are listed as well. He sells 2 different styles of air dams. The one pic u posted bolts to the valance so if you plan on not running one youd have to fab some strong brackets it'll bolt to. The 620 is looking sharp too BTW, keep the pics coming.

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=4495

THANK YOU, YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE LEGEND!!!

• 2 weeks later...
sand blasted a little bit of it today, but the drizzley rain buggered my progress up.

O how I feel your pain, the rain never seems to stop over here either. Winter = 10 months Summer = 2 months and there is no real in-between :D

O how I feel your pain, the rain never seems to stop over here either. Winter = 10 months Summer = 2 months and there is no real in-between :D

it really is crap... but oh well we desperately need the rain so i shouldnt be complaining too much...

all my panels are at the panel beater/paint shop getting strightened so should be good.... cab is leaving very shortly as well i am hoping!!

• 3 weeks later...

did someone say update??

did a little mod to the top of the rad support so we can get the motor in and out easier... we also moved the motor back about an inch or so but its only juuussst fouling on the clutch master cylinder.. so we will move it a smidgeon forward and it should be sweet!!

also got the front pulley machined off the harmonic balancer.. it was in the way :lol:

26072008.jpg

my younger bro being the smartass he is :D

26072008001.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

tomorrow after work it will be time to sort out the dash wiring and start fabbing a dash...

changed from the factory dash headlight/wiper and column indicator switches to an all in one unit from an S13. fits straight in, with a hole drilled in the top of the colum to lock the locating pin in.

just ordered all my new suspension bushes and gear from rock auto !!!

Thanks to tyler ( cruzn620 ) for getting them sent to him then shipped over!

old boy is getting me some sand blasting grit to blast my suspensions stuff and chassis tomorrow hopefully. should be damn exciting!!!

• 2 months later...

small update :

cab is still at panel beaters being worked on.

taking a fair while but running out of funds never helps anyones cause...

have got my ECU and basically everything to get it running now... just need some time and the thing to be painted and it should come together.

have been sand blasting chassis parts but is taking some time.

• 3 weeks later...

small update :

Got nearly all of my suspension stuff painted and ready for assembly. just waiting on a few bushes and bearings to come in. Chose black because it was the factory suspension colour and didnt want to draw too much attention to the underbody of the car anyways...

chassis is still not finished. tried to degrease it this afternoon but it didnt work too well..

if i can spare some of this pay i will be getting it sand blasted. if not it will be stripped in the shed and painted there.

Parts Painted :

DSCF2192.jpg

DSCF2193.jpg

Little bro cleaning his spray guns and then giving the aussie salute!

DSCF2194.jpg

DSCF2196.jpg

• 2 weeks later...