Greiggy's '78 Aussie 620

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so the few sneaky burnouts i did, actually caused it to snap a set of rockers...

got new ones on the way along with a new pair of cams (272/272) to finish the engine off completley.

hopefully get the cams mid this week then a tune late this week/early next week.

• Like 1

so a bit of an update, the datto is at the tuners getting a few things looked at, and also getting a tune done.

first up was to program this little baby : Microtech LTC display dash. Same features as a racepak IQ3 except half the price, colour display and simple install to run on haltech ECU.

a few pics of it before it was programmed to read the Haltech CAN BUS output. Ill have a vid up once photobucket stops being female... 

IMG_2997_zpspahwjduy.jpg

IMG_2995_zps9ero1ano.jpg

IMG_2996_zpsholh7tss.jpg

Car is running really rich and really sluggy/chugging... found out from tuner i missed a vac line under the manifold...

he went to put on dyno this morning.. got a message with this written...

IMG_30741_zpso6uv29uw.png

alternator took a shit... probably only thing on the car that was second hand... so its been replaced with a new unit.

I'll have to move it away from its current location as it is realllllyyyyyyy close to my turbo manifold.

issues to fix once its back:

small coolant leaks

new charge pipe for intercooler

move alternator down lower

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, just read through your thread and caught up on it. Awesome build man! Mad props! Loving the truck so far, hopefully you can get the head redone quickly and be cruising soon.

I was wondering though, why'd you ditch the CA18DET? (I'm thinking about putting the one I have in my truck instead of the dime.)

• Like 2

Thanks for the kind words!

Head will be finished next week most likely... just waiting on the reconditioner to pull his finger out...

The CA was ditched only for the reason that at the time parts were becoming really expensive to buy for them, and they were becoming harder to buy (even in pieces) for spares, Plus that was a bitza motor ( engine was complete unknown mileage though), random gearbox, random loom + ECU, injectors etc etc... back then i had no skills to even attempt to put the parts together and make it run... 

shame though because it fitted well, are strong little motors and everything was pretty much there.. 

• Like 1

thanks for the kind words gents.

i'm just fortunate enough that i have been able to build something that is what i wanted, to the level that i expected, and that the car deserved...

Its take forever but definitely worth it !!!

• Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...

SO...

Car went to the dyno for a tune yesterday.

Results :

Car is scary to drive... holy shitballs scary...

dyno video below :

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf"flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid188.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fz7%2FTOY-620%2Fvideo-1438645165.mp4_zpsnfcc3nu3.mp4&title=">

So the final outcome was:

351hp/18psi on 98 octane pump fuel

461hp/30psi on e85 107 octane pump fuel

11805695_10152892859666249_97128156_n_zp

so from this point on - apart from small things that i want to clean up -  the car is DONE!!!!!!

The plan now is to drive it and actually enjoy it ... speaking of which im about to put some km on it now :)

thanks all

IMG_35191_zpsucc6a0ck.jpg

IMG_35201_zpswmaghiuq.jpg

• Like 3