Hainz's "banzai 510" rebuild

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man...What a great job you guys are doing on Hainz's car :eek:

He'll be back on the road in no time with that thing. Pretty cool that you all are taking the time to get his car back on the road. Even though I've only been on this board for a short time, I've already received a great deal of help from Hainz. So I'm rooting for this to all work out :thumbup:

paint%20002.JPG

paint%20003.JPG

paint%20004.JPG

For some reason the paint looked orange when applied but as it dried it changed to red..... Weird I thought because after mixing the paint with hardener and stuff it looked like blood. But I'm no paint dude so maybe it's common.

paint%20009.JPG

paint%20013.JPG

paint%20016.JPG

And the heater that kept us warm all night :D

paint%20017.JPG

Thanks Hainz

Some more pics.... Slowly it goes back together.

hainz%20again%20006.JPG

hainz%20again%20015.JPG

hainz%20again%20010.JPG

Who said single sheer wasn't strong!!

hainz%20again%20011.JPG

hainz%20again%20014.JPG

hainz%20again%20017.JPG

Nillon taking an ice cream break.

Sweet cup holder Nillon. I think Hainz should be honest about the whole "accident" thing... Perhaps he was growing green with "I wish I had a dime with the Icehouse & Frank compound treatment" and what really happened is he rented his quote 'beater dime' un-quote out to some youngster ricers for a few fast & furious dolla holla bills ya'll so that he could muster up a datto in need of saving...

It's just a theory... a half-brained... fuck, who we kidding? a quarter brained theory at best :D

Nonetheless, this build is a poetic... a fitting.... it is a damn fine example of what the Wolfman, Frank, Nillon and associates can do when given a canvas and reason.

Nice work boys! This build has opened my eyes to what can be done with my dime, which I had previously thought was 'too much work' to be a nice dime.

I only hope that Perry doesn't put it up on Craigslist for $500 after all your hard work because he can't figure out how to get the damn L16 running :D

oh.. one last thing... how do I verify my L motor is at TDC? :D

That is a heart warming thread :)

Way to go Wicked good work too, you could have pulled and tweaked it back and called it good. But no you gave that car, or more like that cars owner, the Rolls Royce treatment.

SWEET

With all new steering components, the thing will drive like new.

Did you guys make the adjustable control arms or purchase them?

Also those tie rod rods that have the flat middle section, where did you guys get those?

Keep up the great work, I bet I'm not the only one that would attempt some body work after reading all your guys threads.

With all new steering components, the thing will drive like new.

Did you guys make the adjustable control arms or purchase them?

Also those tie rod rods that have the flat middle section, where did you guys get those?

Keep up the great work, I bet I'm not the only one that would attempt some body work after reading all your guys threads.

We are hoping it will drive nice :D

The control arms are built by Troy Ermish

The Tie rod sleves are from Shucks.

• 2 weeks later...

The new floor boards and some of the front suspension is complete. There are still quite a few things to do before it is done. I will get some new pics next time I'm over there :D

• 2 weeks later...