New Video

I finally had time tonight to put a video together of Troy driving his 710 at Infineon that he wanted for his website. Its only one lap but It kinda give the perspective on how fast the car is, the black Mustang in front of him is RUMORED to have upwards of over 500hp and from what I saw had TONS of suspension work done the guy also runs it in american Iron eXtreme I believe.

just thought I would get some feed back from you folks...Be nice:D

ohh the car is for sale TURN KEY ready to race

710-033S_slide.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Be nice? How could anyone be anything but lol? That vid is hot and the car is too but I think I see some understear?

I am a car fan all round but I like to imagine some of those domestic drivers were saying... "I can't believe I got passed by the little fucking datsun!!!!"

What kind of power is the 710 putting out? Major mods? price? Couldn't hurt :-).

glad to see he got it all buttoned up that thing is quick why is he selling it?

B- he is selling it because that was always the plan "build it and turn around and sell it" and he also has his BSedan 510 that he races and will never sell unless the price was right :D

Be nice? How could anyone be anything but lol? That vid is hot and the car is too but I think I see some understear?

I am a car fan all round but I like to imagine some of those domestic drivers were saying... "I can't believe I got passed by the little fucking datsun!!!!"

What kind of power is the 710 putting out? Major mods? price? Couldn't hurt :-).

we have done a few more suspension things to get it to handle a bit better but we were also running on 2 year old tires that have more than enough heat cycles in them to make them lose some grip, we had a few of the big bore guys come over and take a look at the car and walk away shaking their heads the car is also set up to B sedan rules and has a log book dating back to the early 80s. its powered by a Rebello race prepped L20b (also built in the mid 80s but never started) with duel 50 webers. I was amazed when we dynoed it last year at his dyno day using a mustang dyno it made just over 190whp. he is selling it for $17k...:eek: sound like alot but for a turn key race car that is VERY competitive in any class with the right driver I think its a steal

Clayton

Man that gets your blood flowing just watching it! I miss the days when I was at the track with my Dad. Very fast RAT! ......... Gets me thinking back of a Mini Cooper called the Black Rat, the guy that raced it was so big his seat was basicly in the back seat. He had a weber side draft on it with velosity stacks that stuck out of the dash in the car. Thanks for the great vidio!

Peace WRAT

Good looking lap. What kind of lap times is he running?

He was carrying some good speed out of eleven onto the front straight and blew by a few cars. I get the feeling that because he is so light he can carry speed through the corner with not much or no braking to upset the suspension. He was right up on the inside. those bigger cars are just ripe for the pickin'. :P

The great move was stuffing the guy into turn four, then going around the outside of the next guy through the Carousel. He was all over the car with TCP on the back, but the guy must have had the ponies because he just left on the run up the hill to turn seven and down through the esses.

Thanks for posting this up it brought back some good memories of shredding rubber and burning gas.

Good looking lap. What kind of lap times is he running?

He was carrying some good speed out of eleven onto the front straight and blew by a few cars. I get the feeling that because he is so light he can carry speed through the corner with not much or no braking to upset the suspension. He was right up on the inside. those bigger cars are just ripe for the pickin'. :P

The great move was stuffing the guy into turn four, then going around the outside of the next guy through the Carousel. He was all over the car with TCP on the back, but the guy must have had the ponies because he just left on the run up the hill to turn seven and down through the esses.

Thanks for posting this up it brought back some good memories of shredding rubber and burning gas.

Fig, I cant remember the exact lap times but I believe it was in the low 1:50s and the funny thing is that they made him run the big bore class in the 710 and the small bore over 2 liter class in his 510 and we thought oh great some big heavy iron is gunna punt Troy out of the way well in the qualify race he started 18th and ended up qualifing 3rd and set one of the fast laps of the race. the tcp mustang has some major ponys from what I was told like over 500hp. that weekend was tons of fun

Troy ran a 1.52:30 at infineon. All that whining was the 4.62 LSD getting ready to give up the gost. It let go two lap later. The car is very neutral. Troy has a slide show of his rear suspension and build on his web site. Pretty Cool mono-ball rear suspension set up. we had the cylinder head updated before we ever started it due to the long time that it was sitting around. We replaced the rear gear with a 4.88 LSD, and it works great with the over drive transmission. I would really Like to see it go to some one that would really enjoy racing it. Anybody intersted in seeing it race this weekend we will be out at Thunder Hill renting it to a customer. visit the web site at http://www.ermish-racing.com

-The Girlfriend ;)

Awesome video. I had the pleasure of being there the weekend that this was filmed. It was awesome watching Troy tear up the fields. He absolutely ran away from the small bore class in his 510. I was standing at the carousel and Troy was the fastest by far through there by a long shot, ass end wiggling the whole time...some really impressive driving.

When is the next time that you guys are going to be at Thunderhill, I would love to come watch.

Awesome video. I had the pleasure of being there the weekend that this was filmed. It was awesome watching Troy tear up the fields. He absolutely ran away from the small bore class in his 510. I was standing at the carousel and Troy was the fastest by far through there by a long shot, ass end wiggling the whole time...some really impressive driving.

When is the next time that you guys are going to be at Thunderhill, I would love to come watch.

Duke they will be renting the car to a customer this weekend March 7th and

8th

Clayton

Hey, 1:50s are pretty quick for a car. What was that SCCA?

Cool, I was thinking that this car would be a blast at Thunder Hill Raceway Park. Besides Laguna, TH is one of my favorite places on the planet. I love that place in the spring time when the grass is green. It looks like a real life video game. It is so cool when you get T6 right, you can look up at the mountains in the distance for a second and realize that you are the only person on the planet that is having that much fun. For me, getting T9 right is as much fun as you can have with your clothes on! :cool:

Sears is a technical track and it is a lot safer than when I ran there in the '80s. It was just dangerous and took some major cahones to charge down through the old T10 flat out. :eek: Now it is better but THRP is all run-off room and you can hammer it. :D

So what is HMSA?

If you don't have video, it didn't happen! :lol:

Allright, nice vid and cool soundtrack. I don't know about car guys but the AFM tells you in the rider's meeting that there is a green and yellow John Deere flag in the flag stand up in T3/T4 that they display for wild life. Deer have crossed the track and been hit by riders during sessions and I soiled my leathers once when I almost hit a jack rabbit going down into the Carousel. :eek:

• 5 weeks later...

Damn! That things moves. Tell Troy he needs to put a "FOR SALE" sticker on the inside that is readable to those watching the video. Maybe a web site and contact #.

BTW: Did you get your package? Haven't heard.