Project Buzz II- 1978 KC

620mike

Well here we go again.... i picked up this new 78 kc for 600 bucks on cl. i finally decided to part out my 79 Kc so it will be posted soon. but lets get to the point.this thing was bone stock with og paint and interior.the dash has no cracks so thats kinda cool and no rust and it also i has AC, it has a unit that bolts under the dash witch is kinda cool, anyway. i want this to be my daily driver so im not going to do any thing to extreme so im going to redo the interior lower it. and maybe some mods to the engine when i get some cash

i have the og wheels but i switchd them, missing two of the moons so im not putting them on untill i get the others

so i did the interior today and this is how it came out

DSCI0004.jpg

DSCI0003.jpg

DSCI0002.jpg

cleandash.jpg

1stpic1.jpg

1stpic.jpg

2cdpic.jpg

3rdpic.jpg

4thpic.jpg

5thpic.jpg

6thpic.jpg

7thpic.jpg

8thpic.jpg

9thpic.jpg

lastpic.jpg

Edited by 620mike
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DUDE!!! this 620 came from the same dealership the 610 i just got came from creapy

whats even creeper i was going to tell you the same thing. I was looking at your thread and checking out your new ride. looks like we both got some new toys and are back in the picture. :D

Nice KC. The int. is clean. I also the "ok" sticker on the back cab wall :D If you remove the front plate frame will you sell it to me? I already have 1 from that dealer ;)

pm your address and cover shipping and ill send you one im not really into all that it was just cool that it happened to be a local dealer.

• 4 months later...
wait ka? how are you gonna pass smog man its a 78 you still have to pass here in cali though i guess a ka would blow cleaner but it would never pass visual
You can do motor swaps, you just have to abide by certain regulations like they must carry over all the obd/emissions equipment from the donor, must be newer than the chassis, must be a carb approved motor to begin with (eg no jdm sr20det), etc. Then you get them certified and you're fine from then on with normal biannual smog checks.

well i will be getting the reg in another state if i cant get find a place to pass it. i was thinking about getting it legal but i couldnt run the egr line so. its a no go. or find a 75 and switch vins and just say i made it a KC but thats too risky, but thats the last of my problems i got to get it runnin first.:D

You really SHOULD have the drive line balanced. Also, make sure when you weld it back together that it is "timed" correctly. Meaning, if you laid your drive line on the ground, both u joints should be in the same position.

well i dont know what kind of crack i was smokin when i was shorting my drive shaft but it wasnt the right stuff, im an inch short and i meashered twice wtf... it could work but then there wouldnt be enough slip... i left like 3/4inch slip and now there is 1 3/4 so im question is what cars or trucks can i go cut a section of driveshaft off of and still be the same dimenion as my 620 needs luckly i didnt pay to get it balanced yet

took both stock ka and 620 x-members and bolted them in tack welded them together and then took it out.... cut the top one (ka) cut it down to about 5 inches welded in some support... painted it and then bolted it back in, would like to buy the one from beebani but this will work for now:D

finishedcrossmember.jpg

You really SHOULD have the drive line balanced. Also, make sure when you weld it back together that it is "timed" correctly. Meaning, if you laid your drive line on the ground, both u joints should be in the same position.

Phased is the term I've heard. Definitley a good idea ;)

• 2 months later...

well got the cooling system done minus the fan wireing.... got the intake system started... need one more piece of intake pipeing and some couplers and im good there...ill take some pics later

o and i also oredered the steering rod that clears the front sump oil pan from beebani so that will be done in a couple weeks