Project Buzz II- 1978 KC

620mike

well got the cooling system done minus the fan wireing.... got the intake system started... need one more piece of intake pipeing and some couplers and im good there...ill take some pics later

o and i also oredered the steering rod that clears the front sump oil pan from beebani so that will be done in a couple weeks

I have some extra 2.5in alum piping and some straight couplers you can have the piping I have two straight,two 45 degree and one 60 or 70 degree pipe there about 18-20 in long.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up a 87 volvo wagon inline fuel pump today at PnP and maybe some one could tell me if i need a fuel preasure regulator with that or its just a bolt on thing...... and also do i need to replace all the fuel lines with fuel injection line or is the stock stuff ok? .... and also im almost done with my intake i just need to fab a bracket for my MAFS

cool that sounds good....and also i tryed the 720 throtle cable and its just not long enogh?

i keep looking at my engine and it is way too close to the fire wall, i have to figure out how to get it off without changing up my whole set up....:( ok so im going to post a pic let me know what u guys think, looks like a mess right now.. i need to eliminate all the unnessacery lines and wires its really irritaing .. and i dont know what to get rid of either?

newengineshot.jpg

Edited by 620mike

got all the interior ecu wiring done.... but i have power in to all the relays but no power out from the realys.... is it because the engine wiring is not all complete (alt, starter.ect) but even if that was the problem.. wouldnt the fuel pump still come on?

I switched out the relays with diffrent ones and i got power now if i put power to the ecu, eccs, and fuel pump with the switches on im ok. but if i put power to it with the switches off and then flip them on the fuses blow..

are my switches not powerfull enough or just cheap?

I switched out the relays with diffrent ones and i got power now if i put power to the ecu, eccs, and fuel pump with the switches on im ok. but if i put power to it with the switches off and then flip them on the fuses blow..

are my switches not powerfull enough or just cheap?

What switches are you talking about. Ignition? Igot my relays for tognoties 30amp with gold termanals.

What switches are you talking about. Ignition? Igot my relays for tognoties 30amp with gold termanals.

im talking about the on and off switches but i got some new ones and everything is working fine but my fuel pump is only pumping for about 15 sec and then turing off is that because its not got fuel runing through it? to get it to turn back on i have to pull the battery cable off then put it back on...

well now i have to mount everything in and make it look clean then its on to engine wiring.... butcherboy offered his help tomorrow an i might take him up on it....... still dont have the fuel pump mounted permanent.. dont really know how i want to do it, 5/16 lines or 1/4 frame mount or fender well.

still need to get a belt and a new fan because i guess my idea isnt going to work...

Hey Mike when I turn my key to on or the run spot the pump runs for about that to put pressure,then it turns off. If it sits for a few sec or a min it will do the same prime the line so fuel is in the lines.

Try to see if it does that and is there fuel in the tank I don't think its good for the pump to dry run it too much. Should be fine.

Hey Mike when I turn my key to on or the run spot the pump runs for about that to put pressure,then it turns off. If it sits for a few sec or a min it will do the same prime the line so fuel is in the lines.

Try to see if it does that and is there fuel in the tank I don't think its good for the pump to dry run it too much. Should be fine.

ya thats what my dad said so it must be true but im not sure how i want to mount my fuel pump and run the lines it has 1/4 right now and butcherboy (jaun) gave me the 5/16 to run a line so it shouldnt be a problem im just not sure how to go about doing that maybe jaun can give me some pointers tomorrow.... i might just go 5/16 in and 1/4 out and that should work?

butcherboy (jaun) came over today and we takled some of my wireing and got the motor to turn over, just need to get the alt. wired in. i got to get the fuel pump plumbed in an some little stuff buttoned up and if the rain dosent stop me i should be rolloin by the end of the week.:D

nothing right now but it sounds heathly underneath the noise of the header lol ....going to get exhast done by my buddy at marco muffler the first time i put it on the street. its going to have a magnaflow just like everyone else but im running it all the way back with z06 tips in between the tail light buckets, with flame thrower kits.... should be pretty cool