Project Buzz II- 1978 KC

620mike

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

been a couple days i still have to post pics of the exhast but my camers being a jackass... anyway i got my whole engine bay cleaned and painted it looks real good, i like my truck so much better..... moved my mafs farther away from my dizzy... i guess the electric feild can throw off my sensor, and it looks better, also had to relocate the coil because of it... got rid of all the unnecessary wiring and plugs. got it zip tied to the fenderwells.... well ill have some pics tomorrow hopfully if my camera doesnt act up.... o also shaved the seems off my spare fender came out preety good just need alittle bondo

proble going to put it on the tail gate with a light for now not really sure though i kinda wanted to do a licence plate box but dont want to take away from the look of the tail gate. so really undicded

LOVE the placement of the tips! For your plate, how bout a floating bracket that attaches to the top of the gate? Youd only have to drill 2 holes in the gate..just an idea. Similar to this minus the chain...

33lcegz.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

ok nothing new but it seems like people r wondering about the ka swap, and wondering if it was easly done.... it is pretty much a bolt in swap, regardless if its a front sump or rear sump motor.. use stock 620 rubber mounts connected to the stock KA meatal block mounts... on std. cabs trans mount should line up good with no modifactions. stock 620 driveshaft will slip in the KA trans fine but will need to be shortened... u can use any radatior that will fit and there is alot that will work.... u will need to use a pusher fan in front of the radatior though....u can run an intake alot of ways also but make sure there is 14" of inttake with the least amount of bends possible to get an accurate reading from ur MAF Sensor..... for a fuel pump i used one out of a volvo wagon its an inline pump and seems to work fine just needed about $30 in fittings. i used 5/16 line for the feed and the stock 1/4 line for the return. use the single belt mod from the threads to run ur belt. and use the usefull wiring diagram in the how to section........ AS FOR THE ALL IMPORTANT STEERING LINK PROBLEM THAT. SO MANY PEOPLE THINK IS A PROBLEM ITS NOT, JUST FLIP UR STOCK ONE OVER IV SEEN THREE DONE THIS WAY AND IT CLEARS FINE ON THE FRONT SUMP MOTOR....idont know if this will help u guys but here it is....

if some one with alittle better explaning skills wants to help rewrite it might help out...not the best but i try

Edited by 620mike