Top Posters In This Topic

i just noticed that!

in my PL411 the starter is on the passenger side

weird:unsure:

oh, no the five will do they should be the same size

i was just reading this

book-1.jpg

and just thought i would share

That Chilton book is just what you need for PL410, PL411 and RL411s. Great for the pickups also. The wiring diagrams can't be beat, wire color coding and often the metric wire gauge is given. Good to know when you want to know which Black with Yellow tracer goes to which accessory.

Why not put an A series motor in it ? 5 speeds are readily available and they are bulletproof little engines. The L series seem a little tall for the 410/411.

As far as brakes go, maybe try and find a 411sss/1600 at a wrecking yard (best of luck with that i used to live in SLO and the wrecking yards there don't even have old cars at all! I'm lucky here in OR the wrecking yard close to me has 2-3 410/411's .If you can get sss brakes the awesome thing is that the caliper and pads are 510 so replacement parts are easily obtainable. That engine sounds pretty solid i n the video, maybe get your hands on some mg twin carbs and make them fit or I have a single sidedraft DCOE manifold that would fit your engine:drool: but no carb . Someone needs to make an EL dizzy for the E/J motor. Best of luck with the project.

Why not put an A series motor in it ? 5 speeds are readily available and they are bulletproof little engines. The L series seem a little tall for the 410/411.

As far as brakes go, maybe try and find a 411sss/1600 at a wrecking yard (best of luck with that i used to live in SLO and the wrecking yards there don't even have old cars at all! I'm lucky here in OR the wrecking yard close to me has 2-3 410/411's .If you can get sss brakes the awesome thing is that the caliper and pads are 510 so replacement parts are easily obtainable. That engine sounds pretty solid i n the video, maybe get your hands on some mg twin carbs and make them fit or I have a single sidedraft DCOE manifold that would fit your engine:drool: but no carb . Someone needs to make an EL dizzy for the E/J motor. Best of luck with the project.

The easiest disc brake swap into the PL411 would be to drop the entire front cross member wheel to wheel and replace the PL411 cross member. Eliminates hub worries etc.

hi all. im still kinda new to this forum and datsuns aswell

just wondering where i can find some good deals on L16 parts. in CA:confused:

haha - I noticed your avatar from when it was on craigslist here - I liked how the guy selling it connected the lines of the letters in the word "FREE" on the side. Anyways, welcome - I'm over in AG.
The easiest disc brake swap into the PL411 would be to drop the entire front cross member wheel to wheel and replace the PL411 cross member. Eliminates hub worries etc.

Whether it's just the brake parts or the entire cross member, you still need a donor RL411. :(

okay now wait a min. The 510 front brakes will not just bolt on to the front of a 411.If they would I would have done it already. The only bolt on swap that Iam aware of is the 411. i have heard of a guy using b210 brakes but have not found any real info on this, I also going to try it lol.

If Iam wrong about this then post a link of how its done i/we have spent countless hours researching this. I have talked with many 411 owners and they all say to find 411 with disc brakes. In all this searching I have not seen anything on tring to use a 311 brake set up. ???????I wish i could get it figured out so i could drive my 411 around :lol:

and sorry about the gf

:eek::fu::lol:

look on the bright side now you can work on the car all day with out any disruptions

unfortunately the 411sss disc brake is a bit of an orphan! only came out for one year '67, the spindles and rotor are what you really need to do the conversion(correct me if i'm wrong) roadster brakes wont fit and are expensive there is a volvo 4 pot conversion that has been done but i don't know what's involved there.Vindats(tana) would be the best bet for those parts, other than that i did hear of a pl411sss in a wrecking yard , central oregon somewhere some really weird name! as far as 510 brakes go, the only thing you use are the calipers and pads which are what need replacing anyway!

What is wrong with your current set up?

this is an a series 5 speed is it not

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/pts/1054790755.html

there is also a roadster 5 speed on portland cr for $400 that is your only 5 speed option for the r16 motor.

Ad deleted already, so dunno. Noiin has a J13. Will an A-series tranny bolt up to a J engine?

unfortunately the 411sss disc brake is a bit of an orphan! only came out for one year '67, the spindles and rotor are what you really need to do the conversion (correct me if i'm wrong)

Correct for a mostly remove & replace conversion.

Roadster brakes wont fit and are expensive there is a volvo 4 pot conversion that has been done but i don't know what's involved there.

I saw Steve's conversion several weeks ago when I picked up parts from him. This was -NOT- a simple mod to accept roadster hubs so he could do the Volvo conversion. Better to wait until Mike Klotz investigates using 280ZX parts (cheaper and easier to find).

Vindats(tana) would be the best bet for those parts, other than that i did hear of a pl411sss in a wrecking yard , central oregon somewhere some really weird name!

Tana does -NOT- have any SSS disc brake parts.

We need names and locations when people spot 410/411's.

as far as 510 brakes go, the only thing you use are the calipers and pads which are what need replacing anyway! What is wrong with your current set up?

Both Freaky, Noiin and I have PL's with ALL DRUM brakes. We're talking conversion not just replacing pads.

Once I have a spindle in hand, I don't think it will take that long to figure out if it will work or not.

I guess Freaky shouldn't have bagged on coming down a month ago!! :) j/k!!!

I'm supposed to be getting all the drum spindle stuff from Doug V.....we just haven't been able to hook up yet. He doesn't come over here much and I hate going to the west side of town. If Freaky doesn't come down this weekend or I don't meet up with Doug by tues....I guess I'll see about going to his place to pick them up. Sorry if I'm not exactly motivated.....I don't even own one! But....I am curious to see if the 280 stuff can be used similar to how I did the brakes on my NL.