pl411

Noiin

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
if its for a 1300 yea if not bummer deal might work if you do the l swap you were talking about. I was told that the j13 never had dual s/u's on them but i have been known to be wrong :lol:

Yes, they did, but in Japan! See the following.

[Nissan Heritage Car Collection]

[Keyword search] [Chart showing evolution of individual models]

Model information

No.040 Bluebird 1300SS (1966 : P411)

Final model

[bluebird 1300SS]

Download

High resolution image 2,400x1,800pix

Low resolution image 640x480pix

Related information

[sHORT STORY] Flower Cars & Goodwill ambassadors tour Japan

[sHORT STORY] 1970: First Japanese car to be Safari Rally overall winner

[sHORT STORY] Asahi newspaper covers the A1 Highway

[sHORT STORY] Super Silhouette racing

The 410 was released in September 1963. The sports model, SS (Sports Sedan), was launched in March of the following year as the 1200SS (Type E1 engine). It then became the 411 in May 1965 and, equipped with the Type J engine, evolved into the 1300SS. In April 1966 the grille design was changed and the tail-end was raised.

Overall length / width / height

3,995/1,490/1,435mm

Wheelbase

2,380mm

Tread (front/rear)

1,206/1,198mm

Curb weight

920kg

Engine

J (4-cyl. in line, OHV), 1,299cc

EngineMax. power

53kW (72PS)/6,000rpm

EngineMax. torque

100Nm (10.2kgm)/3,600rpm

EngineCarburetors

Twin SU

Suspension (front, rear)

Coil, semi-elliptic leaf

Tires

5.60-13-4PR

Top speed

150km/h

Back

Japanese English

• 1 month later...
witch will be EZr to swap into my 411

a L16? or R16 from my truck?

cuz the motor in my truck came out of a SP (L) 311

as you probably already know..:blink:

YES i do still want to trade j13 haha:D

The SPL311 type R engine is a piss poor fit "as issued" for the 411. The waterpump, crankshaft pulley and alternator mount are too long for clearance to the radiator. Also, you have to pull the head to remove and install [properly, it can be persuaded] the engine block. Then, when you try to install the cast aluminum valve cover you will find that it hangs up on the firewall and windshield wiper mounts. The Type R engine modifications to fit the 411 body included a beveled rear edge on the valve cover so it could be installed on the otherwise completed engine installation and modified water pump, crankshaft pulley and alterrnator mount designed to give an additional [and much needed] inch of clearance for the radiator. If you go with the roadster items you will have dangerously close clearances to the radiator, and if you don't have perfect engine and transmission rubber mounts you will, repeat will, wind up replacing your radiator and what's left of the fan. By the way, the fan and water pump hub are significantly different from the roadster versions. Also, I am not too sure that the roadster oil pan will clear the 411 front cross member. The roadster oil pan is removable from under the car, the type R cast oil pan fits over the front cross member.

I dont want to sound too negative, just look twice and measure 3 times before doing anything irrecoverable. The L16 just might be a better swap, check any and all threads in this forum and Japanese Nostalgic Cars forum.

I'll look twice and measure 3 times before doing anything irrecoverable

haha

either way i guess ill have both motors to work with.

ill size them up. and see what happends

and remember.. ill cut anything in the way....

well if it will make it fit

• 2 weeks later...
The roadster motor per se is not that easy a swap. The valve cover will not clear the firewall and the intake manifold will put the SUs into the fender well. The SUs also are modified to "lay back" and have a modified fuel bowl, also to clear the fender. The modified type R emgine for the RL411 is the unit you want,the engine serial number usually starts with 2XXX. The valve cover is beveled on the rear to clear the firewall and the intake manifold and SUs are angled to clear the fender liner.

is this what you mean win you say beveled?

0517091707.jpg

0517091707.jpg

0517091708.jpg

im all confused with these engines and tranny i got lol

o well:confused:

HAHA

From all the type R engines I have seen my best guess is:

I have never seen a Type R engine with a zero prefix, not that they cannot exist. Anyone? Possibly [a pure guess on my part, no references that I have found] the original Fair Lady 1600 Japanese domestic roadster as fitted with a single Hitachi SU carburettor.

If the engine number begins with a 1, it's an SAE engine from a Fair Lady roadster.

If the engine number begins with a 2, it's an SAE engine from a RL411 sedan.

If the engine number begins with a 3, it's a metric engine from a 1968 or later Fair Lady roadster.

Any help or just more confusion?

Ihave 2 r16's

#22523 is from a 411 1600(not a sss)

#50567 is from a roadster

I also have #00645 in my 66 roadster

My guess it is an early roadster motor with an RL rocker cover

My RL411 engine number is 22243, must have come over on the same boat with yours. I bought it in Great Falls Montana, so not that far from you. RL411 engine numbers are fairly close to the chassis number [not identical like a BMW 2002]. I asked my dealer out of curiosity why they weren't the same. He replied that maybe like him other dealers were not sure how available engine parts would be due to the modifications made to squeeze the engine into the 411 sedan body. He said that he personally ordered 5 RL411 sedans and a spare engine in his shipment. Maybe the tight knit band of Datsun dealers talked this up and did in fact order extra engines throwing off the same number for engine and chassis.

My RL411 engine number is 22243, must have come over on the same boat with yours. I bought it in Great Falls Montana, so not that far from you. RL411 engine numbers are fairly close to the chassis number [not identical like a BMW 2002]. I asked my dealer out of curiosity why they weren't the same. He replied that maybe like him other dealers were not sure how available engine parts would be due to the modifications made to squeeze the engine into the 411 sedan body. He said that he personally ordered 5 RL411 sedans and a spare engine in his shipment. Maybe the tight knit band of Datsun dealers talked this up and did in fact order extra engines throwing off the same number for engine and chassis.

The engine that was in my car was in the 30,000's so that means 3 main bearing, right? I was told 40,000 and up were 5 main bearing. Just curious Mike, you have a 1600 not a sss right? Does that mean the 1600's were 3 main and sss were 5 main, because my car is #6013 ,the #22543 was taken from a 1600 and the sss had the 5 main:blink:

The engine that was in my car was in the 30,000's so that means 3 main bearing, right? I was told 40,000 and up were 5 main bearing. Just curious Mike, you have a 1600 not a sss right? Does that mean the 1600's were 3 main and sss were 5 main, because my car is #6013 ,the #22543 was taken from a 1600 and the sss had the 5 main:blink:

All RL411 are technically Super Sport Sedans [sSS], most were sold as homologation models to legalize the RL411 for Production Sedan Road Racing competition and all race unique parts were available over the counter to upgrade these cars to full race configuration. Consequentially, most were sold fairly Spartan and did not have a "SSS" badge on the C pillar. The "Deluxe" models had the badge and options like a radio, cigarette lighter, heater, automatic transmision and dashboard clock [which I have never seen]. My car is a basic RL411 but with the Borg Warner automatic transmission and heater [you really would not buy a car without a heater in Montana, not at 40 below for 3 months of the year].

The 5 main bearing engines were developed for the 1968 and later Fair Lady roadsters and were not available when the RL411s were sold. The RL411 was a transition model so that the US Datsun factory race team could get Production Sedan Road Racing experience until the 510SSS was available for use.

• 1 month later...

so i got my 411 running again. wow it sounds BEAST just straight pipe:mellow:

but now i have these questions

First: Why is my IGN light still on with engine off and the key out?

Second: could i use a 510 Slave cylinder with my 411 tranny?

UR IN SM!!! ME TOOO!!!! i got a 510 wagon i just pulled the l16 with a 4 speed u can come pick it up for like 50 bux if u want. it doesnt have a intake or carb but ur welcome to come take a look at it. i would love to come look at your 411 some time

hey if u need parts for the L series if live close to lake elsinore if u feel like driving can sale u ah bunch of prts parts i have a complete engine the only thing it needs is to re sleeve the cylinder, it has a new fuel oil pump rods piston a new a86 or a 87 head, i have carburators distributors fans 2 working tranys etc etc preatty much ah bunch power train parts