pl411

Noiin

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well welcome to ratsun we really lie pics and if you got a 411 i would love too see it . I just bought one and am in the prosses of get it road worthy. If you or i lived closer i have a bunch of L series stuff.

And again welcome now give up some pics:eek::lol:datsun411030.jpg

Welcome. A more useful Title for your post would have been "Looking for good deal on L16" posted in the Classified Parts Wanted section.

That said, you don't need to limit it to a L16. An L is an L is an L, at least as far as swapping it in. Be aware this is -NOT- a straight forward swap.

what does this have to do with 510s?

these are considered Bluebirds sooo thats why its here 510/1600/bluebird

.And yes maybe have better luck finding L stuff in the Parts wanted.

did you get it for free i like the block job on the FREE on the passanger side lol

And ME MYself would look in to putting a roadster motor in they came with them after the 1300cc motor. I think it would be an easier swap on the 411 and it would be kind of correct for the 411. Dont gt me wrong i like the L motors but if fabbing isnt your strong suit i think the R or U motor would be easier. Dont quote me i have not done it but if i were to swap out motors that would be the first route i would look at just my $.02.

keep us posted

Edited by freaky510
these are considered Bluebirds sooo thats why its here 510/1600/bluebird

.And yes maybe have better luck finding L stuff in the Parts wanted.

did you get it for free i like the block job on the FREE on the passanger side lol

And ME MYself would look in to putting a roadster motor in they came with them after the 1300cc motor. I think it would be an easier swap on the 411 and it would be kind of correct for the 411. Dont gt me wrong i like the L motors but if fabbing isnt your strong suit i think the R or U motor would be easier. Dont quote me i have not done it but if i were to swap out motors that would be the first route i would look at just my $.02.

keep us posted

The roadster motor per se is not that easy a swap. The valve cover will not clear the firewall and the intake manifold will put the SUs into the fender well. The SUs also are modified to "lay back" and have a modified fuel bowl, also to clear the fender. The modified type R emgine for the RL411 is the unit you want,the engine serial number usually starts with 2XXX. The valve cover is beveled on the rear to clear the firewall and the intake manifold and SUs are angled to clear the fender liner. The fender liner needs a hole cut to allow the exhaust down pipe to meet the exhaust under the drivers seat. Doable, but a lot more work than you would initially think. Your car is in great shape for its age, I would recommend keeping it as a rare original PL411. See "Tana the Datsun Lady" for any parts you may need, like the heater knob.

Faith Plating in Santa Monica has dies for just about any bumper. I think they might be able to straighten out the crunched bumperette that you have. A tire retreading shop just might be willing to rebuild the rubber pad that's missing if Faith Plating can't handle it.

What's the story on you getting it? What are you plans for the car?

The reason I ask is that the more I look at the pics, the more I notice how complete and straight that puppy is. Yeah, it's dirty and tired, but it's not some basket-case shell.

i spotted it down the street from my house.

i was hoping they were gonna want to get rid of .

so i asked. the guy wanted $200 for it.. i ended up only giving him $150

as you can see it was in the front yard. had FREE painted on it.

its still the way it was win i towed it to my house.

the guy also said they had a bunch of crap on the roof of it and caved it in

"made a nice bird bath" maybe a Bluebird bath???

now it sits under the car port in the back yard..

my plans for the 411 are

WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET ANY BIG Datsun MOTOR in it.

win i get the $$

CUT anything in the way.=]

SCORE! $150 is crazy! I'd love to see a 411 taken all the way with modern running gear and suspension. To give you an idea there is a 411 sss for sale by me for $2300. Course that is with the bigger 1600 engine and it is in solid running condition. It is a bit of a different league than your 411, being a sss, but looks about the same body condition wise.

http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/1016175271.html

Still, Datsun motors are pretty easy to get running, you might think about getting it moving 'as is' so you can rock a Dat while you save your cash for the big swap!

Edited by fisch

So your the lucky buyer

The seller never responded to me when it was on CL.

Nice find

Sent you a PM

i spotted it down the street from my house.

i was hoping they were gonna want to get rid of .

so i asked. the guy wanted $200 for it.. i ended up only giving him $150

as you can see it was in the front yard. had FREE painted on it.

its still the way it was win i towed it to my house.

the guy also said they had a bunch of crap on the roof of it and caved it in

"made a nice bird bath" maybe a Bluebird bath???

now it sits under the car port in the back yard..

my plans for the 411 are

WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET ANY BIG Datsun MOTOR in it.

win i get the $$

CUT anything in the way.=]

• 2 weeks later...