Good cheap headlight upgrade

Toyota makes a conversion kit for old Land Cruisers to use flat face headlights with swappable H4 bulbs. The kit they sell comes with lights, bulbs, and an adapter harness with built-in relays. This kit will work on anything that has 7" round headlights (like a 240Z/260Z/280Z/280ZX).

The interesting thing is, apparently there were several dealers that were way overstocked with these and Toyota has cut the price drastically down. 

I got a set from a Toyota dealer in Florida for $16.92!!!

https://parts.lakelandtoyota.com/p/__/Headlight-Assembly/16033390/8111060P70.html

The part number is 81110-60P70, if you want to shop around a bit. I found some as low as $14, but the shipping was too high. Got mine shipped from Florida for $28.42 all in. 

The lights themselves are Japanese-made Koito parts, not cheap chinese junk. They are super nice, and very high quality. 👌

s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.7668c01d3f5ed9db07477174424093c3.jpgs-l1600.thumb.jpg.27fab0475d047ddbce8105bcf4eb8154.jpg

Edited by datsunfreak
  • Like 3
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Z and ZX car and 1200s, B-210s, early to 11'79 210s, the S10 200sx and the weird looking FWD N10 or 310.

'80s were four small rectangular with the exception of the '80 1/2 model year 210 which changed from large round to large rectangular 12'79.

Probably halogen bulbs but check as that was new tech in the early '70s. You can also get higher than 55 watt bulbs from Ciebe? or Philips?... Hainz always mentions them but definitely not from China/Amazon they always lie about bulb ratings. The point I'm making is that although the wiring is up graded, another indication that more power is being drawn to run them you may want to upgrade your alternator so they don't dim when stopping.

1 hour ago, bananahamuck said:

Our 4 sets showed up today . 

MgSOHHT.jpeg

Lol, mine 2. Box even looked just as odd

• Like 1