** nismodr **

Good evening, Ratsun family. 

It is with a very heavy heart that brings me here to post tonight. Definitely not the next post I wanted to make on Ratsun. But this isn't about me. 

Earlier this evening I received a phone call. Ed Hanson had passed away earlier this morning. 

Most of the active posters here may not know of the Dr. But if you do...you know. 

Ed is very much a more metal version of Jim Halpert mixed with some norm MacDonald and a huge dash of Chris Farley. 

Quick to light your ass on fire for saying or doing something stupid, Ed would be quick to help you fix your irk, physically or figuratively. 

Whether it be shenanigans at a car show, amazing wealth of mechanical knowledge, or even just a harsh burn.

Fucking A. You will be missed, Eddie. 

Back to those in the know...

If you have a story...

If you have a picture...

If you just have anything at all...

Please share. This Viking of a man deserves one hell of a send off. 

1516971613234.jpeg

Edited by flatcat19
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No one gets out alive.

Yes indeed I remember and have met Ed at Canby though I knew him as nismodoctor possibly as far back as NWDE. He brought me a 350Z 6 speed to take home and study though I didn't learn his name till now. Last time I saw him that time he was as fall down drunk as I have ever seen anyone. Having fun I would think. You've earned your rest at last.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I started my career as a lube tech and apprentice under doctor. And now I build race cars.  Thank you for the guidance doc.

I remember that specific cd009 trans Mike lol sat under his bench at work for ages before he gave it to you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah it was one of those infamous transmissions that would lock in gear. Nissan stopped repairing them under warranty and started simply replacing them. That was my second Canby in 2011 because I fit that monster into the trunk of by 710 sedan! 

For you Ed...

• Like 2

Thanks for checking in boys. I appreciate it. 

Many years ago I started as a dumbass lube tech with a cheap Datsun and a Ratsun account with doctor. And now I get to build things like this.

Screenshot_20240126-220515_Gallery.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Damn man, not the dr.

I hadn't really been around in a while (you know how life takes you different directions) but I'll never forget my Ratsun peeps. He was a cool dude and didn't deserve go out like this.

RIP buddy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1