New Project 620

17 hours ago, MikeRL411 said:

Painting that plate with non authentic colors amounts to counterfeiting a plate,

Well, he went from blue to black so...

Go big or go home says I.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Datsun Clarion stereo Blue tooth in. Unfortunately it’s too small for the insert area. Hopefully the stereo install place can make it fit. Looks like this specific stereo goes into the dash. (Would fit perfectly). Unfortunately I have AC vents that I want to restore eventually in that area. BTW these buttons are awkwardly long… IMG_7558.jpg23E302F2-2C5B-4DF6-B2F9-866229131287.jpg

Hadn’t driven the truck in 2 weeks. Had to turn the key between 3-4 times and pressing down on gas pedal to fire up. Realized shortly that the truck was leaking. It smelled like gas and oil so was a little confused. The leak stopped once I turned off the truck and started again. Drove it around for a bit and no leak. Gas and oil levels are good. Did I cause a flood? Oh and found a hole in my Transmission FML. 

VIDEO

Here’s the hole. 

IMG_7596.jpg

• Like 2

As long it it makes a good seal, keep out the fumes from underneath.

Expect you'll find rust through up where the cowl and firewall meet - typical of the 620's. Prime reason why the carpets get wet then floor rusts.

• Like 1

Took most of not all the adhesive from the floor panels. (I went the chemical route) Now I just have some rust and a small hole in the floor. What else should I do to prep the floor? Going to be placing deadening mats and carpet. 

IMG_7697.jpg

IMG_7698.jpgIMG_7699.jpg396F3C98-3875-4F06-B898-847034BF20CC.jpg

Remove as much rust as you can, wire wheel or whatever. Apply rust inhibitor/paint (POR15) and let dry very thorougly. Consider undercoating the bottom, same prep.

Have you checked the cowl for leaking? Attack that now while interior is stripped.

• Thanks 1