New Project 620

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, dadson_project said:

There’s a guy on FB marketplace selling interior panels and stuff, has anyone ever purchased from him? Based out of Thailand. 

Many people have. I did put my name down to order some panels. Unfortunately he doesn’t have a website. You just have to message him on FB. 

5 hours ago, six2ohyea said:

Many people have. I did put my name down to order some panels. Unfortunately he doesn’t have a website. You just have to message him on FB. 

Ok cool, I’ve been talking to him and was hesitant to make a purchase with all this fraud and thievery going on these days. I just wanted to confirm if I throw a couple hundred his was that I’m not getting jacked 😂😂

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, dadson_project said:

Ok cool, I’ve been talking to him and was hesitant to make a purchase with all this fraud and thievery going on these days. I just wanted to confirm if I throw a couple hundred his was that I’m not getting jacked 😂😂

Yeah, just make sure it’s the right account. He seems pretty reputable in the Datsun community. What are you planning on ordering? 

3 hours ago, dadson_project said:

Who is the Thailand seller? If your panels arrive and are as they should be, it would be a good resource

I dont blame you .... I like the look too... did it with all the chrome on my 521.... so far no issues with the paint peeling.... just make sure you get the chrome off before you try to paint.... you can also weld on the mounting bolts and grind down for an even smoother look.... 

• Like 2

Or Plasti-dip, then you can take it off if you change your mind.  In the 80's I did all the brightwork for my 69 510 in black (including sanding the chrome off the bumpers which were probably still pretty nice).  I regret it now. 

Last summer I stripped black paint from a 510 front grille and restored it to use on my 73.  I have at least one more I will do, but keep another black for my race car which has all black trim too.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, iceman510 said:

Or Plasti-dip, then you can take it off if you change your mind.  In the 80's I did all the brightwork for my 69 510 in black (including sanding the chrome off the bumpers which were probably still pretty nice).  I regret it now. 

Last summer I stripped black paint from a 510 front grille and restored it to use on my 73.  I have at least one more I will do, but keep another black for my race car which has all black trim too.

I thought about this… but plasti dip never comes out as nice. 

• Like 1

I love the retro look. Stock-type wheels with or without hubcaps. Better if the stock looking wheels are larger diameter. Stock 15" Toyota 4x4 steelies (from '79 to '85) look just like stock Datsun wheels but are larger diameter and slightly wider too. And, if you want caps, they will accept a hubcap.

I don't think Watanabes are made in six lug.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1