Apex engineered just released 510 parts

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm curious as to how the rear toe and camber adjustments will interact as they seem close to the same vertical plane.

This basic design is similar to the rear of my Galant VR4 (and others I am sure), which I always considered somewhat an evolution of the 510-type IRS.

Edited by iceman510
more

I have contacted them trying to get more information. I'm running an R200 with CV axles and 5 lug hubs all from a Z31 and I'm hoping this can be modified to accommodate them. I also need to know that this will stand up to the abuse I will put it through on the track. Currently the semi-trailing arm set up is limiting me and it will only get worse when I flare the car for more tire width. I've imagined this style of suspension in my head and I'm hoping they have the knowledge to make it work properly.

• 1 month later...

Looks more stout than the stock IRS. I've run a slotted rear X-member (that's well sorted) in my SR20 swopped 510 for over 10 yrs. Keeping 400hp planted with even a tiny bit of trail-through toe shift is a serious issue. It appears the pivot points at the X-member and the inner link position are "closer-ish" to parallel which would make toe shift less pronounced and keep the tires planted. Before shelling out $2K for the beta version I'd like to see the suspension move in an animation.  

On 5/11/2022 at 8:52 AM, iceman510 said:

I'm curious as to how the rear toe and camber adjustments will interact as they seem close to the same vertical plane.

This basic design is similar to the rear of my Galant VR4 (and others I am sure), which I always considered somewhat an evolution of the 510-type IRS.

I just looked at the design, and from what I can see, toe and camber are completely accounted for with the geometry of the two rear links. Looks like they even have built in a bit of camber gain during the cycle.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

I will be installing both the front package and rear  package on my car soon. I talked with them and it seems to be a well engineered product and very adjustable as well. Will accept r200 diffs too. I'm doing a ls conversion and need larger tires so i'm doing a mini tub and this rear suspension arm set up with allow wider t=wheel and tire package i want a 17x 10" with a 285ish.

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So far I haven't seen one installed system front or rear on a datsun 510 and really want to hear feedback prior to purchase if possible. Looks awesome and no problems stand out I can see but I've been the guinea pig before on new parts and it can have some growing pains that come with it. If Apex put one on a car with pics and deatail write up I'm sure they would sell a lot more of them. 

• 7 months later...