Canby style event in California.

mrbigtanker

All, I was thinking of doing a Canby style event here in California. I am tired of the JCCS bullshit in my opinion, the show has gone to commercial for me. With that said, I had a place in mind called Prado Park in Chino, CA. The VW guys do there camp out every year and then drive to Lake Havasu after. I really think this show would do well. Not looking at making money, I know that is said a lot, but truly NOOOOOOO. I have at least 2 financial partners that seem to like the show idea as well. I will be spending some time finding costs for the park to camp and what can we and can't we do. No 70.00 entry fee with a 3.00 plastic piece of shit plaque that is all political, just getting the right people as judges with no bias and have peoples choice awards as well. To me that is the true award. 

This is fin no way to steal from anyones show or ideas, I had the privilege to go to the last 2 CANBY shows and they were a lot of fun and just kick back like they should. If any one has ideas comments or cash[lol] let me know, again early stages and if the show is a go it will be when its cooler and around JCCS for the people that just needs to go. Sorry though no movie stars know me.lol

Powerland has been the new CANBY as well as I went last year so I would not want to disrupt that show as well. 

Datsuns at Prado

Bigtankers Big Show

JDM cars at the Prado.

I don't know something like that, I like the middle one.lol

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like this idea as well. I always wanted to do Canby but the distance from here is a bit much. Have wanted to do Powerland as well but have not made that one yet. I have always wondered if it would be worth it to do a 2 day trip for a show. Guess I'll let you know after this weekend.

• Like 5
11 hours ago, KELMO said:

I like this idea as well. I always wanted to do Canby but the distance from here is a bit much. Have wanted to do Powerland as well but have not made that one yet. I have always wondered if it would be worth it to do a 2 day trip for a show. Guess I'll let you know after this weekend.

Well good question as yes long trips should be worth it. All in all it would be a show but I thought to try that here, I would love to see the PNW guys as well come down and have a good time in the drier climate.

• Like 3

i'm in so long as it isn't during the 1 st week of october cuz that is the multi state event in williams , az and that event is open to all japanese vehicles

Edited by gene knight
  • Like 1

On behalf of powerland it in no way negativity effects our thing as long as its not the same weekend. That probably wouldnt matter much overall but it would just be a bummer for me and a few of the other long haulers. Im in to attend if shitboxes are still allowed on the lawn 😂. I attend the vw event there and I think the venue is excellent! Tons of room!

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, jbirds510 said:

On behalf of powerland it in no way negativity effects our thing as long as its not the same weekend. That probably wouldnt matter much overall but it would just be a bummer for me and a few of the other long haulers. Im in to attend if shitboxes are still allowed on the lawn 😂. I attend the vw event there and I think the venue is excellent! Tons of room!

Awesome bro, and I would not interfere with your show, figure different dates of course and shit boxes are allowed as I own 2 of them, lets be honest Datsuns are junk.lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well. the trip to Solvang was a bit rough. Usually, Missus Kelmo does the navigation as we go but she was unable to make this one. Also, what the french is up with only 55MPH when towing a trailer in Cali? (I got really good gas mileage though)

I gotta admit, most of my issues were self inflicted and I think I would give it another shot.

• Like 4
15 hours ago, KELMO said:

Also, what the french is up with only 55MPH when towing a trailer in Cali? (I got really good gas mileage though)

It's been that way as long as I can remember.  I can't recall ever seeing anyone in a private car or truck getting pulled over for it, nor I have I ever hear of anyone getting a ticket doing 65 with a trailer.  Over 65 might be another story, though..

(Matt: didn't see your post until I hit save.  Great minds and all.....)

Edited by Duncan
  • Like 1