All the guns I've owned were either bought from friends or given as gifts, and none of them were registered. My neighbor was a gun dealer/collector for many years and has two 7' high standing safes full of insane hardware and ammo. Much of it is illegal in California. He's a well informed gun advocate who knows his rights. Here's what he told me. Gun rights fear mongering is a WAY overblown marketing tool. Even if you have a felony on your record, without a search warrant for a specific residence from a district judge, neither the fed, state, or local police have authority to enter anyone's home unless you give them permission.

Our home and guns are protected by constitutional law in the 2nd, 4th, and 5th amendments. All rhetorical BS aside, nobody's putting that genie back in the bottle. To overturn the fundamental protections it would take a 2/3rd majority of both congress and senate, ratification by 4/5th of the state's legislatures, and outright failure of any legal challenges brought to the Supreme Court. It's beyond paranoid to believe an amendment would pass this process giving our Government the ability to arbitrarily search our homes and confiscate the personal property of 400,000,000 firearms worth well over $15 billion. Our country might be divided on many things, but more than 80% of Americans are deeply distrustful of the federal government, so maybe they're not as dumb as you might think. 

Edited by paradime
  • Like 3
  • Replies 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, paradime said:

All the guns I've owned were either bought from friends or given as gifts, and none of them were registered. My neighbor was a gun dealer/collector for many years and has two 7' high standing safes full of insane hardware and ammo. Much of it is illegal in California. He's a well informed gun advocate who knows his rights. Here's what he told me. Gun rights fear mongering is a WAY overblown marketing tool. Even if you have a felony on your record, without a search warrant for a specific residence from a district judge, neither the fed, state, or local police have authority to enter anyone's home unless you give them permission.

Our home and guns are protected by constitutional law in the 2nd, 4th, and 5th amendments. All rhetorical BS aside, nobody's putting that genie back in the bottle. To overturn the fundamental protections it would take a 2/3rd majority of both congress and senate, ratification by 4/5th of the state's legislatures, and outright failure of any legal challenges brought to the Supreme Court. It's beyond paranoid to believe an amendment would pass this process giving our Government the ability to arbitrarily search our homes and confiscate the personal property of 400,000,000 firearms worth well over $15 billion. Our country might be divided on many things, but more than 80% of Americans are deeply distrustful of the federal government, so maybe they're not as dumb as you might think. 

I used to think like that, but then I watched what happened during the pandemic.

We were forbidden to assemble, to worship in church, to travel, to work, to engage in commerce unless it was Homedepot , Target or Walmart.

I even remember some poor guy getting arrested for paddle boarding by himself at the beach which was deserted.

So no I don't think the independent idealism this country is famous for exists as strongly as we'd like to believe.

In fact I watched it darn near raise a flag with a hammer and sickle on it or a reverse Swastica during the mostly peaceful riots that finally ended our isolation of the pandemic. I guess I should be thankful they did who knows how long we would have endured those rules had the left stayed home.

antifa 2.jpg

antifa 1.jpg

• Like 1
On 6/12/2024 at 3:18 PM, IZRL said:

The fact that the FBI is hiding the evidence against the Bidens. Should answer your question. They had to squeeze the hell out of the FBI for them to finally give something up. They're still withholding shit so does it even count?

I don't care, i grew up saying things like "that's gay" or "don't be a queer/sissy". I say what I say and if someone gets insulted that's their problem. I'm not gonna walk on egg shells for anyone. Fuckem'.

I'm old enough to remember playing "smear the queer" as a kid. Stuff the football into somebody's arms and tell them to run. Then you all chase him down and gang tackle him. I don't think kids play that anymore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 6/13/2024 at 4:07 PM, paradime said:

Sadly, you are mistaken. A friend of mine was charged with domestic violence, well domestic battery is what they called it here. His wife said he slapped her. He was arrested and jailed (bailed out within hours). After an arrest for domestic battery a "no contact" order is automatically filed. He went to a motel, friends collected clothes and some basics from his house. The next day he was arraigned, he plead not guilty, a trial date was set (I am not sure of the trial date but it was 4-6 months out) Pending trial, he was to have no contact with his wife and relinquish all firearms to the local sheriff. It was known he had firearms via registration. Now, after at least 5-10k in legal fees (est. he didn't tell the exact amount) and probation all was well. If found guilty those firearms would have been gone. Additionally, had there been any "suspicion" (below reasonable cause) that he had not relinquished all firearms pending trial. Police would have torn through the house, I will not go into all the problems that would have caused because it is going to far into "if's" land.

Voters allowed that bullshit accused misdemeanor gun relinquishment law provision to take root in my very Red State. The Blue States are considerably crazier. Retroactive firearm registration is on the horizon and that is and has been a fundamental step towards ending the common man's right to defend. I say "common man" because with money, concerns of anything, including firearms vanish. 

Now the following is speculation, but it is based in fact, simple ways to disarm the "common man" after registration. These are off the top of my head, if I think on it, then I am sure to find more. The first and easiest is linking firearm relinquishment  to more "pending" charges, removing guns for "safekeeping" before trial dispenses with all those Bill of Rights problems-- The analogy is often made by left anti gun cunts that you registrar your car why not your gun? 

Think about that for a minute. You pay an annual fee, based on the number and value of the vehicles you own and what happens if you don't? Ticket? Impound? Additionally, what is registered can be taxed. The IRS can confiscate and sell items with much less due process than other branches of government. 

Note: Registration and taxation of fundamental rights has already been litigated and passed Constitutional muster.

I have to go, but personal freedom and liberty are under siege in America, as they have always been and will always be, it is the armed individual that prevents tyranny  

Edited by frankendat
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, Ooph! said:

I used to think like that, but then I watched what happened during the pandemic.

We were forbidden to assemble, to worship in church, to travel, to work, to engage in commerce unless it was Homedepot , Target or Walmart.

I even remember some poor guy getting arrested for paddle boarding by himself at the beach which was deserted.

So no I don't think the independent idealism this country is famous for exists as strongly as we'd like to believe.

In fact I watched it darn near raise a flag with a hammer and sickle on it or a reverse Swastica during the mostly peaceful riots that finally ended our isolation of the pandemic. I guess I should be thankful they did who knows how long we would have endured those rules had the left stayed home.

antifa 2.jpg

antifa 1.jpg

Many have been led to believe CV-19 was all a big hoax, and no one will convince them otherwise. It's hard to accept that, because I worked in a hospital throughout the pandemic. I witnessed the overwhelming medical crisis it created, and the worst spike of deaths from it first hand. I helped real people and whole families deal with that grief for 2.5 F'n years, and it wrecked my health. So that's a huge leap for me from the government seizing all our guns to what was done to stop the spread of CV-19. Like 149 other countries around the world following W.H.O advice, our country took the same measures to deal with the pandemic. How is this an evil libtard conspiracy if it was 45 who declared CV-19 a national security emergency? It was also the Republican controlled Congress who enacted legislation with 5 bills and funding for the FFCRA Act, the CARES Act, the ARPA Act, the IRA Act, and the Big $ Consolidated Appropriations Act, CAA. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, frankendat said:

Sadly, you are mistaken. A friend of mine was charged with domestic violence, well domestic battery is what they called it here. His wife said he slapped her. He was arrested and jailed (bailed out within hours). After an arrest for domestic battery a "no contact" order is automatically filed. He went to a motel, friends collected clothes and some basics from his house. The next day he was arraigned, he plead not guilty, a trial date was set (I am not sure of the trial date but it was 4-6 months out) Pending trial, he was to have no contact with his wife and relinquish all firearms to the local sheriff. It was known he had firearms via registration. Now, after at least 5-10k in legal fees (est. he didn't tell the exact amount) and probation all was well. If found guilty those firearms would have been gone. Additionally, had there been any "suspicion" (below reasonable cause) that he had not relinquished all firearms pending trial. Police would have torn through the house, I will not go into all the problems that would have caused because it is going to far into "if's" land.

Voters allowed that bullshit accused misdemeanor gun relinquishment law provision to take root in my very Red State. The Blue States are considerably crazier. Retroactive firearm registration is on the horizon and that is and has been a fundamental step towards ending the common man's right to defend. I say "common man" because with money, concerns of anything, including firearms vanish. 

Now the following is speculation, but it is based in fact, simple ways to disarm the "common man" after registration. These are off the top of my head, if I think on it, then I am sure to find more. The first and easiest is linking firearm relinquishment  to more "pending" charges, removing guns for "safekeeping" before trial dispenses with all those Bill of Rights problems-- The analogy is often made by left anti gun cunts that you registrar your car why not your gun? 

Think about that for a minute. You pay an annual fee, based on the number and value of the vehicles you own and what happens if you don't? Ticket? Impound? Additionally, what is registered can be taxed. The IRS can confiscate and sell items with much less due process than other branches of government. 

Note: Registration and taxation of fundamental rights has already been litigated and passed Constitutional muster.

I have to go, but personal freedom and liberty are under siege in America, as they have always been and will always be, it is the armed individual that prevents tyranny  

Your cunt friend is not at liberty to beat his wife, aka engaging in domestic battery to get his way, because it's a felony crime. Fuck your worthless buddy's gun rights. His tyranny put his wife's personal freedom and liberty under siege in her own home. So explain why your criminal friend should keep his guns, and why Hunter shouldn't.

4 hours ago, paradime said:

Your cunt friend is not at liberty to beat his wife, aka engaging in domestic battery to get his way, because it's a felony crime. Fuck your worthless buddy's gun rights. His tyranny put his wife's personal freedom and liberty under siege in her own home. So explain why your criminal friend should keep his guns, and why Hunter shouldn't.

I agree with this 100%, please answer to paradimes question. I really hate to think she false reported but it could be possible? He is a douche or she is a cunt or they both are POSs.

Edited by ratpatrol66
5 hours ago, paradime said:

Nice. Domestic battery is a misdemeanor, same as battery. The post responded too, that you authored, did a song and dance about the strength of Constitutional Rights (such as the 2nd Amendment) and suggested arguments to the contrary were hyperbolic and/or misinformed. (in summary). I provided an example of the expansion and invention of a new sub category of law, which directly impacts and subverts Constitutional Rights: Violation of Due Process to confiscate firearms before a trial, (but it will take someone with time and very deep pockets to overcome); stripping a  Constitutional Right for conviction of a misdemeanor (again, I believe this will be ruled unconstitutional, but again it will take someone with time and very deep pockets to overcome). It also, sets bad precedent. 

My friend took a deal and was found guilty of disturbing the peace, also a misdemeanor, but no impact on Constitutional Rights. He remains armed.

Your ability to promulgate your position has suffered. You have demonstrated what is suspected of all Democrats and Democrat apologists, but rarely confirmed. With minimal evidence, they embark on a rant calling for a fellow American citizen to be stripped of their rights,  instantly supporting and promoting a generalized "victim" and promotion of the "victim culture". Discrimination in the name of diversity, disarming in the name of safety, censorship in the name of freedom. Lucky, I didn't mention the color of my friends skin or his religion, opening the door for additional epithets and stereotypes. 

Your position holds no weight.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, frankendat said:

Nice. Domestic battery is a misdemeanor, same as battery. The post responded too, that you authored, did a song and dance about the strength of Constitutional Rights (such as the 2nd Amendment) and suggested arguments to the contrary were hyperbolic and/or misinformed. (in summary). I provided an example of the expansion and invention of a new sub category of law, which directly impacts and subverts Constitutional Rights: Violation of Due Process to confiscate firearms before a trial, (but it will take someone with time and very deep pockets to overcome); stripping a  Constitutional Right for conviction of a misdemeanor (again, I believe this will be ruled unconstitutional, but again it will take someone with time and very deep pockets to overcome). It also, sets bad precedent. 

My friend took a deal and was found guilty of disturbing the peace, also a misdemeanor, but no impact on Constitutional Rights. He remains armed.

Your ability to promulgate your position has suffered. You have demonstrated what is suspected of all Democrats and Democrat apologists, but rarely confirmed. With minimal evidence, they embark on a rant calling for a fellow American citizen to be stripped of their rights,  instantly supporting and promoting a generalized "victim" and promotion of the "victim culture". Discrimination in the name of diversity, disarming in the name of safety, censorship in the name of freedom. Lucky, I didn't mention the color of my friends skin or his religion, opening the door for additional epithets and stereotypes. 

Your position holds no weight.

yes! I understood your position. It's unconstitutional to remove someone's property period when there is no established convicted crime even. "Innocent until proven guilty" yet your guns are all confiscated. People hear "hit a woman" and get all empowered. I agree it's not okay to hit women, men that hit women deserve punishment, very violent men that may harm women with guns don't deserve guns. But I man whom is being investigated for a possible domestic is a bit different situation. Due process. This is just like all the dumb red flag laws. I am glad there are some of us old school idahoans around still. Greater idaho! 

• Like 2

If you were allegedly battering your wife and run through the system and was relocated from your home for weeks or months awaiting your time in court while she sits at home and you are looking at loosing everything including your home, marriage and family, you would have time to reflect on A... why she lied about it or B... why you did what you did or C... you can't understand what happened. This could lead to anger, depression, betrayal and a sense of unfairness in the system and in this case maybe you shouldn't have access to weapons.   

• Like 1

It's obvious to me that many of you are supremely blessed to have never been in a relationship with a lying sack of shit. I have not been so lucky and also have many friends and relatives who have been subjected to this sort of thing. This is becoming all too common as if a man stands up for himself or contradicts his woman's opinion he is the bad guy and any amount of lying is acceptable because " he was a bad guy". 

Take off the rose colored glasses. This happens every day.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, datzenmike said:

If you were allegedly battering your wife and run through the system and was relocated from your home for weeks or months awaiting your time in court while she sits at home and you are looking at loosing everything including your home, marriage and family, you would have time to reflect on A... why she lied about it or B... why you did what you did or C... you can't understand what happened. This could lead to anger, depression, betrayal and a sense of unfairness in the system and in this case maybe you shouldn't have access to weapons.   

Sound socialist thinking. In fact, if you are allegedly arrested for anything and run through the system, unable to post bond and incarcerated for weeks or months awaiting your time in court, unable to work and looking at loosing everything including your home, marriage and family you would have time to reflect on A... why the police lied about it or B... why you did what you did or C... you can't understand what happened. This could lead to anger, depression, betrayal and a sense of unfairness in the system and in this case maybe you shouldn't have access to weapons.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

How can the police lie about it unless you tune er up in front of them? They weren't there. With the exception that this is their third call of the night to your home and their patience is worn thin. Your wife is being wheeled out to the amberlamps past them while you're explaining how she fell down the stairs.

2 hours ago, datsuntech said:

It's obvious to me that many of you are supremely blessed to have never been in a relationship with a lying sack of shit. I have not been so lucky and also have many friends and relatives who have been subjected to this sort of thing. This is becoming all too common as if a man stands up for himself or contradicts his woman's opinion he is the bad guy and any amount of lying is acceptable because " he was a bad guy". 

Not a problem with my currant wife. After the first one ended in divorce I asked a friend "Was ______ a little crazy?" He said "Oh fuck yeah" So I said thanks for the heads up. We drove each other crazy. Some of the shit I heard later I think she was an un-diagnosed by polar/manic depressive. (like I'm in perfect mental health myself but fixable)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

How can the police lie about it unless you tune er up in front of them? They weren't there. With the exception that this is their third call of the night to your home and their patience is worn thin. Your wife is being wheeled out to the amberlamps past them while you're explaining how she fell down the stairs.

Of course good comrade you speak truth! Those who serve to aide and instruct others to the betterment of all could not lie. As you say, "They weren't there."  Only through extensive unmatched government training are they able to ascertain the truth. Strong countries, unburdened by trickster lawyers and fumbling judicial bureaucracy very rarely, if ever, imprison or sanction the innocent. Most feel the shame of their misdeeds and confess, a 100% rate of conviction.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, datsuntech said:

One time I had acquired quite a shiner and the wife and I were at a restaurant. I forget the topic of conversation, but as often is the case, she was passionate with her assertion, that I was wrong. Usually, unless significantly cornered, I will retort, but this time, I threw my hands up and said "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, please not in the face, please." I kept it together in public, but once we were in the car--DAMN that was funny.  The looks as we left the restaurant were priceless.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, datsuntech said:

Thank you for this! 😎 I had a close call, with a bat shit crazy woman.  She was not violent at the time, nor was I/am I.  However, I eventually realized how dangerous it was, to be around her...........from a male vs female LEGAL perspective.  I could see thru what she was attempting to do 🙏.  She lied to the core.  Thankfully, my friends believed me, after I broke up with her.  The bullshit that she came up with, was unbelievable.  When I finally got a restraining order against her, she simply lied thru her teeth in court.  Thankfully, the judge believed me & told her straight up, to straighten up her life, or her life would end up in true misery.  After my restraining order was in place, she immediately shacked up with another guy.  He quickly realized the danger & broke up with her.  She broke in to his house, thru a window, was found sitting on his couch, watching TV.  A second restraining order would have forced child services to take away her great 9 yr old girl (raised by grandparents), so they did NOT implement it & only threatened her with it.  That was 17 years ago in Michigan.  I  had not heard from her, until last fall, when she posted on one of my Facebook posts.  I immediately blocked her, then saw on her FB page, that she was here at Red Rocks Amphitheater last October 2023, for a concert.  Scared the hell out of me...................I PRAYED 🙏 that she was NOT living here in CO.  So far, so good, but again, she is bat shit crazy..................😒🥺🤪 

Edited by yenpit
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
On 6/14/2024 at 6:27 PM, paradime said:

Many have been led to believe CV-19 was all a big hoax, and no one will convince them otherwise. It's hard to accept that, because I worked in a hospital throughout the pandemic. I witnessed the overwhelming medical crisis it created, and the worst spike of deaths from it first hand. I helped real people and whole families deal with that grief for 2.5 F'n years, and it wrecked my health. So that's a huge leap for me from the government seizing all our guns to what was done to stop the spread of CV-19. Like 149 other countries around the world following W.H.O advice, our country took the same measures to deal with the pandemic. How is this an evil libtard conspiracy if it was 45 who declared CV-19 a national security emergency? It was also the Republican controlled Congress who enacted legislation with 5 bills and funding for the FFCRA Act, the CARES Act, the ARPA Act, the IRA Act, and the Big $ Consolidated Appropriations Act, CAA. 

Maybe I wasn't clear but I don't believe anywhere in all of my rants here on Ratsun have I said C19 was a leftist conspiracy or a hoax.

If it was a conspiracy it is stateists, bureaucrats or the establishment nowadays called the Deep state or Uni party.

Its that level of bureaucracy that allowed that dangerous experimentation to continue without any real oversight even to this day! Fauci fucking denies but it is "gain of function". Now we know there were labs in Ukraine for fucks sake still operating. There was even a lab discovered here in California that was quickly squashed and forgotten about.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2023/07/31/illegal-lab-california-infectious-mice/70502532007/

45's and the Republicans involvements in it are a disappointment for me, I can tell Trump was proud of getting the jab out there so quickly and if anything it shows me how human and fallible he is. I believe he thinks he did the right thing and that's the way managers work and if it had worked then it would have been great. Still even with that counting against him and the party, there is no contest for me in the choice between him and the corpse. I entertained voting for Kennedy but his enviro cult beliefs are a bit much for me so it's  MAGA! baby

Edited by Ooph!
having too much fun
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, datsuntech said:

I have a friend that slapped his drunk wife because when she gets drunk she's out of control, the angry drunk type. She called the cops, he got arrested. One night in jail, some anger management classes and it's over with. Until next time when he didn't touch her while she was obnoxiously drunk, just really pissed off and mean she calls the cops and claims he slapped her again. He's arrested and the anger management crap starts all over and he gets probation. He filed for divorce. I wouldn't typically believe him but I know her well (40 years) and she shouldn't be drinking ever. She lied because she knew it would get his ass busted.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
12 hours ago, yenpit said:

Thank you for this! 😎 I had a close call, with a bat shit crazy woman.  She was not violent at the time, nor was I/am I.  However, I eventually realized how dangerous it was, to be around her...........from a male vs female LEGAL perspective.  I could see thru what she was attempting to do 🙏.  She lied to the core.  Thankfully, my friends believed me, after I broke up with her.  The bullshit that she came up with, was unbelievable.  When I finally got a restraining order against her, she simply lied thru her teeth in court.  Thankfully, the judge believed me & told her straight up, to straighten up her life, or her life would end up in true misery.  After my restraining order was in place, she immediately shacked up with another guy.  He quickly realized the danger & broke up with her.  She broke in to his house, thru a window, was found sitting on his couch, watching TV.  A second restraining order would have forced child services to take away her great 9 yr old girl (raised by grandparents), so they did NOT implement it & only threatened her with it.  That was 17 years ago in Michigan.  I  had not heard from her, until last fall, when she posted on one of my Facebook posts.  I immediately blocked her, then saw on her FB page, that she was here at Red Rocks Amphitheater last October 2023, for a concert.  Scared the hell out of me...................I PRAYED 🙏 that she was NOT living here in CO.  So far, so good, but again, she is bat shit crazy..................😒🥺🤪 

Red hed right? Insane in and out of bed.

image.gif.38eaedeede51d4a46fda8a8d03a0e106.gif

• Haha 1