16 hours ago, Duncan said:

I honestly believe that if you have to borrow money for a down payment, you can not afford to make the payments on any house or condo in California that is located South of Bakersfield.  I don't know what prices are like in Central or Northern California, but $400k-$500k will get you a very small 1-2 bedroom condo at best.  That's a big "IF" you can find one available. Not to mention annual property tax would be around $800-$1000 monthly.  Insurance has also gone way up, also.  There may some exceptions, but I don't know if there are many six figure jobs for people here illegally.  

I also predict that if that legislation passes, real estate pricing will go up again.  More people looking to buy=higher prices..

Anytime California gets involved in free market "fixes" it invariably causes problems.  Not to mention there are multi billions (I think it was maybe $40 billion?) of budget shortages, and yet they are still looking to spend even more taxpayer money..

Nobody here on Ratsun can run their affairs by spending way more money than they take in.  I'm really tired of footing the bill for the Government spending money like a drunken sailor on shore leave.

While I fully admit I'm not a Trump fan, the homeless situation, massive price increases, and crime has really gotten out of control here in my State since Biden took office.  I'm not really happy about who's running on either side, but I'm voting for the smaller turd in the punch bowl. 

I believe the idea of helping those people buy a house is more about getting votes than anything else.

• Like 4
  • Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• paradime

• Mattndew76

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

This is where if any of the other candidates on the repub side would have won the nomination this would have been an easy win. They went with Trump and we may be stuck with another 4 years of bumbling incompetence. When I think things can't possibly get worse they do. On the other side of the country in Maine, law and order has shit the bed too. Unless you rape or murder someone chances are the charges get dropped because there are not enough judges and public defenders in the court system. With a small population and small towns the names of the offenders are known. They just go unpunished. A sick feeling if you are a victim. Lots of woods in Maine but between the rocks and roots it is really difficult to dig deep enough to bury a body. 

I know my support for Trump is obvious here but I have no other option at this point. DeSantis is who I really wanted because I figured it was a guaranteed win. Why that didn't work out I don't know. I guess the primaries showed Trump was the man. I don't get to vote in primaries being an independent. Anybody but Biden or a Democrat would have been fine with me. If Trump wins great. I'm not that confident he does win. I wish the Republicans would have pulled what the Democrats did and appoint their own choice as wrong as it is. All to protect democracy of course. And to guarantee they retain power. LOL.

• Like 4
10 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

Just another version of subprime loans in a different wrapper.

Shit gets twisted to fit party narratives, and X10 in an election yr. This BS Dem program does exclude "subprime" loans, and it's bound by Dodd Frank requiring verification to prove the borrower can actually afford the payments. From there it unravels like a ball of gramma's pink yarn. Cal-DFA started in 2023, and it's nothing but a superficial Dem PR jester to get cheep votes. So far, out of the 18,00 applicants, less than 10% were approved. The new bill is to extend their PR program to undoc'ed imgrs. Wanna be a Cali home owner, here's the deal. In exchange for 20% downpayment on a standard rate loan, we get full repayment + a 20% share of your property's appreciation on the back end. Just sign right here and vote for the people who are fucking you. It should be called the California FUBAR program. CA Fucks Unprepared Buyers And Renters. Excuse me, it's gin:30 and I'm still thinking straight.

Edited by paradime
  • Like 5
8 hours ago, john510 said:

I know my support for Trump is obvious here but I have no other option at this point. DeSantis is who I really wanted because I figured it was a guaranteed win. Why that didn't work out I don't know. I guess the primaries showed Trump was the man. I don't get to vote in primaries being an independent. Anybody but Biden or a Democrat would have been fine with me. If Trump wins great. I'm not that confident he does win. I wish the Republicans would have pulled what the Democrats did and appoint their own choice as wrong as it is. All to protect democracy of course. And to guarantee they retain power. LOL.

There has been no other option for any thinking American, since Trump was locked in as the Republican Nominee. Either you love America and want it to prosper or you vote Democrat. If someone abstains from choosing a side, then they are no good to anyone. We debate back and forth about who is the bigger asshole and Trump is a mammoth, but Trump will not flood the country with illegals and criminals.
(Keep your BULLSHIT studies to yourself, even a child understands that the poor commit more crimes then the rich and if you are sneaking across the boarder, you are either a criminal or poor or both) All the "immigrant" and "crimes by race" are worthless anyway, because the  terminology continues to change (purposely) and asking race or immigration status is not allowed)
Add that to the Democrats lack of prosecution and determination to leave citizens powerless through gun control, ONLY A FOOL would vote for a Democrat and that's the nicest adjective I can apply.

And this is coming from a person who greatly despises government in general, loathes many Republicans, even Idaho Republicans, can't stand the Republican morality crap and finds joy when some Republican is caught with a mistress, doubly so, when it is a tranny or a boy.

Democrats want a new America, that I don't want. it won't be the America that shined in the world, it will be weakened watered down crap, on its way to being flushed by the world. Make no mistake, the world would love to see America drop, until it is realized how much we keep everything on the rails, but by then I will be dead or fighting for scraps about to be dead, in the fallen empire.  

• Like 2

Chomsky's Manufacturing Consent is a critique of corporate democracy's control over our political process. He describes how BIG$ interests on both sides use the same potion of fear, bias propaganda, and disinformation to keeps voters ignorant and blind to the Grand Theft America game being played right in front of us. Check Harris and Trump's record on their parties favored business interests and it's made clear. Power is in the hands of those few who can stuff $billions into their campaign accounts so their wealth and market value goes up at the people's expense. Worker productivity outpaced wage growth by 121% in 2nd quarter 2024. With their steady diet of media disinformation, we're told to work hard and play by the rules if you want to be successful. Your bad decisions, laziness, and worker protections caused the situation you'er in. If you want a fair shot, help us pass these corporate protections and government subsidies, because it's in your best interests.

Don't listen to that little Noam agitator. Only a commie traitor turned Russian spy would call our shining beacon of democracy an illusion.  Meanwhile, it's Go tech, No go industry, No it's EV for all, Fuck that Go oil, go solar, go back, go forward, go to work, go on welfare, go off grid, go free choice, go read the Bible, go buy a bat, go buy a gun, go off the rails on our crazy train, NO!!! go turn your TV off and watch this vid.  

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, paradime said:

Chomsky's Manufacturing Consent is a critique of corporate democracy's control over our political process. He describes how BIG$ interests on both sides use the same potion of fear, bias propaganda, and disinformation to keeps voters ignorant and blind to the Grand Theft America game being played right in front of us. Check Harris and Trump's record on their parties favored business interests and it's made clear. Power is in the hands of those few who can stuff $billions into their campaign accounts so their wealth and market value goes up at the people's expense. Worker productivity outpaced wage growth by 121% in 2nd quarter 2024. With their steady diet of media disinformation, we're told to work hard and play by the rules if you want to be successful. Your bad decisions, laziness, and worker protections caused the situation you'er in. If you want a fair shot, help us pass these corporate protections and government subsidies, because it's in your best interests.

Don't listen to that little Noam agitator. Only a commie traitor turned Russian spy would call our shining beacon of democracy an illusion.  Meanwhile, it's Go tech, No go industry, No it's EV for all, Fuck that Go oil, go solar, go back, go forward, go to work, go on welfare, go off grid, go free choice, go read the Bible, go buy a bat, go buy a gun, go off the rails on our crazy train, NO!!! go turn your TV off and watch this vid.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a grade school buddy, that was career Army, retired maybe 8-10 years ago.  I just sent this to him, asking what his thoughts are....................

21 hours ago, yenpit said:

I have a grade school buddy, that was career Army, retired maybe 8-10 years ago.  I just sent this to him, asking what his thoughts are....................

Unplug and WTFU. Voters are being lobotomized with bias media propaganda like this. Megyn Kelly sells the same brainwash shit as Rachel Maddow. It's how the rich keep getting richer and more powerful, while the rest of us are powerless to stop getting fucked by the rich and powerful. 

Comparing Megan Kelly to Rachel Madcow ?  LMAO. One of them is absolutely crazy, paranoid, insane and every other word there is for mentally unhinged. Megan Kelly doesn't even come close. I get it, she's right wing and the liberals don't like her. If she's ever said anything that even comes close to Madcow's rantings I'd like to hear what it is. A few of my favorites from the Madcow are 'Get the Covid vaccine and you will NOT get Covid"  Yes she said that on national television. And then there's "Donald Trump is putting children in cages" bullshit while she's shedding her fake tears. Obama's cages she never had an issue with. And "Trump will start WW3" Blah blah blah. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, tr8er said:

quote-jesus-was-a-white-man-too-its-like-we-have-hes-a-historical-figure-thats-a-verifiable-megyn-kelly-92-71-33.jpg

If that's all you can come up with on Kelly being a radical unhinged nut compared to Madcow I'll stick with what my other posts says. Comparing Madcow to Alex Jones would be more accurate. Just opposite ends of the political thing. Except Jones as crazy as he is has been right about may things. Now let me clarify this so nobody misunderstands anything. I think Jones is fucking crazy and way too extreme in so many ways. That does not make him wrong about everything he says though. He's one of those people I just can't watch or really listen to. Bits and pieces is all I can handle. And that quote ? It's missing something.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, john510 said:

Comparing Megan Kelly to Rachel Madcow ?  LMAO. One of them is absolutely crazy, paranoid, insane and every other word there is for mentally unhinged. Megan Kelly doesn't even come close. I get it, she's right wing and the liberals don't like her. If she's ever said anything that even comes close to Madcow's rantings I'd like to hear what it is. A few of my favorites from the Madcow are 'Get the Covid vaccine and you will NOT get Covid"  Yes she said that on national television. And then there's "Donald Trump is putting children in cages" bullshit while she's shedding her fake tears. Obama's cages she never had an issue with. And "Trump will start WW3" Blah blah blah. 

Are you saying Megyn isn't selling bias media propaganda, or just sidestepping my point again? 

Same Blah blah blah, different side.

Edited by paradime
51 minutes ago, paradime said:

Are you saying Megyn isn't selling bias media propaganda, or just sidestepping my point again? 

Same Blah blah blah, different side.

No, I'm saying she's not an unhinged nut like Madcow. Yes different sides obviously. I watched the first video, what's extreme about that discussion ? Last video. Tulsi Gabbard the former Democrat. Now post us some Madcow stuff please.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, john510 said:

If that's all you can come up with on Kelly being a radical unhinged nut compared to Madcow I'll stick with what my other posts says. Comparing Madcow to Alex Jones would be more accurate. Just opposite ends of the political thing. Except Jones as crazy as he is has been right about may things. Now let me clarify this so nobody misunderstands anything. I think Jones is fucking crazy and way too extreme in so many ways. That does not make him wrong about everything he says though. He's one of those people I just can't watch or really listen to. Bits and pieces is all I can handle. And that quote ? It's missing something.

Maddow is someone I don't think I've ever watched or heard a piece from.  My old apprentice went to high school with her and was laughing when she started to get a name for herself.  So I know who she is, but I've never watched her.  I do know she is very left and have no time for her.  Megan Kelly I've heard a few times.  She never struck me as unhinged so much.  But I chose that quote for a reason.  If you are going to go so far as to identify your faith in existence to a religion, yet you've not given it enough thought to understand that Jesus of Nazareth was not "white", I don't see you as a critical thinker.  If she can just believe something that unbelievable, then she likely isn't someone I'd want to listen to.  

• Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, tr8er said:

Maddow is someone I don't think I've ever watched or heard a piece from.  My old apprentice went to high school with her and was laughing when she started to get a name for herself.  So I know who she is, but I've never watched her.  I do know she is very left and have no time for her.  Megan Kelly I've heard a few times.  She never struck me as unhinged so much.  But I chose that quote for a reason.  If you are going to go so far as to identify your faith in existence to a religion, yet you've not given it enough thought to understand that Jesus of Nazareth was not "white", I don't see you as a critical thinker.  If she can just believe something that unbelievable, then she likely isn't someone I'd want to listen to.  

The problem with the quote is that it is not complete, it is misleading to what was said, lacking context.

As usual its difficult to find the clip without someone filtering what she's said for you, or a complete clip so you have the whole statement and the context leading up to it.

Just to set the stage are Jews (Jesus) considered white? are Greeks (Saint Nicholas)?

https://www.theguardian.com/media/video/2013/dec/13/santa-white-jesus-white-fox-news-megyn-kelly-video

Edited by Ooph!
  • Like 2
47 minutes ago, john510 said:

No, I'm saying she's not an unhinged nut like Madcow. Yes different sides obviously. I watched the first video, what's extreme about that discussion ? Last video. Tulsi Gabbard the former Democrat. Now post us some Madcow stuff please.

Yes, you're dodging the point again. Yes different sides obviously selling the same party brainwash BS. Yes, Gabbard and Trump were liberal Dems before destroying the once honorable conservative Rep party. No, I won't play your dodge ball game and change the point I made about "bias media propaganda". Do you have any thoughts on  voters being powerless to stop getting fucked by the rich and powerful? "No, I'm saying she's not an unhinged nut like Madcow."

2 hours ago, Ooph! said:

The problem with the quote is that it is not complete, it is misleading to what was said, lacking context.

As usual its difficult to find the clip without someone filtering what she's said for you, or a complete clip so you have the whole statement and the context leading up to it.

Just to set the stage are Jews (Jesus) considered white? are Greeks (Saint Nicholas)?

https://www.theguardian.com/media/video/2013/dec/13/santa-white-jesus-white-fox-news-megyn-kelly-video

Yes there was a little more to that discussion about Santa Claus and Jesus.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, paradime said:

Yes, you're dodging the point again. Yes different sides obviously selling the same party brainwash BS. Yes, Gabbard and Trump were liberal Dems before destroying the once honorable conservative Rep party. No, I won't play your dodge ball game and change the point I made about "bias media propaganda". Do you have any thoughts on  voters being powerless to stop getting fucked by the rich and powerful? "No, I'm saying she's not an unhinged nut like Madcow."

What am I dodging ? Thoughts on getting fucked by the rich and powerful ? Yes, stop voting for career politicians especially when it comes to the Presidency. This is your chance to fight the rich and powerful. Oh scratch that idea, it's Trump. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1